Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By 88kee
at the end of the movie when the 4 are talking about "crossing the streams", if you notice when they are all bent over talking about it, none of the packs have the gun clips on them. then in the next scene when they are standing in front of gozer's entrance gate, all the packs have gun clips on them. that leads me to believe that either 1: there are 8 different packs, or 2: they refurbished them in mid-shoot. anyone notice this?
By Donkey8012
I'm pretty sure that the four w/out hooks were foam stunt packs. I don't mean to be a dick, but that's pretty much common knowledge.
By keoni
Donkey8012 wrote: I'm pretty sure that the four w/out hooks were foam stunt packs. I don't mean to be a dick, but that's pretty much common knowledge.

you got it 100% correct donkey. good eye though kee.
By Kingpin
AJ Quick wrote: Did you notice how all the packs were missing working lights as well.. and how they were all mushed up?

Actually, post stay-puft sliming they had working lights... but they were static ones.
By jfgadoury
There is one i found last week end. In GB1, the first time they used the ghost trap in the hotel, when they get the ghost " slimmer " in the box, the red light started to blink and that it. then they open the doors to go in the hall and stanz is holding the trap by the hose. the light is always on and smoke come out of the trap like 12 burned toast... but 2 seconds before... nada.... ( that cause me problems when i tried to make my trap !!! )
By UticaGb
Amongst all the discrepancies in the first movie I'll throw another one in about the pack lights. If you watch the rooftop scene again and pay close attention to the cyclotron lights in some of the scenes they are actually moving backwards in sequence. also you will notice that some lights were just static on at all times as mentioned already and powercell blue lights did not always work.
By venkman30
In gb1 u can tell they are wearing stunt packs while they are talking on the roof about crossing the streams cuz while venkman has is pack against the wall his ion arm bends.
By Dr. Spengs
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm housesitting and don't have access to my GB films right now...If I recall, the counter-clockwise cyclotron lights correspond to the 2 packs with the "reversed" ribbon cables in GB1. Ray and Egon have clockwise lights and the "rainbow" side of the cable is on the left, Winston and Peter have the counter-clockwise lights and the the white/striped side of the cable on the left.
By Seth Rex
Here's an interesting hole. When Dana enters the GBHQ, Ray is seen still working on the car and it looks like it's in no good shape. Then the scene with Peter happens and the next scene after that is them toasting to their first and only customer. Then the call comes in and boom, the Ecto 1 is off to its first mission all fixed up and in its final form....Just how much time passed between Dana entering and the Ecto 1 zoming off to the Sedgewick?
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Doesn't the entire film play out in like two weeks? Louis invites Dana to the party, which is about a week later. At the same time the Ghostbusters are setting up shop. That means they fix everything up, hire help, and get famous all in a week or so's time.
By Seth Rex
Seems kinda quick in the long run. And with the amount of work the Ecto 1 seemed to need, it especially seems TOO quick for that amount of work to be done considering he seemed like he was still working on it at that time. I mean why would they be toasting to their first customer days or so after?
Sav C liked this
Sav C wrote:Doesn't the entire film play out in like two weeks? Louis invites Dana to the party, which is about a week later. At the same time the Ghostbusters are setting up shop. That means they fix everything up, hire help, and get famous all in a week or so's time.
Winston also mentions to the Mayor that he's "only been with the company for a couple of weeks..."
Sav C liked this
By mrmichaelt
Seth Rex wrote:Here's an interesting hole. When Dana enters the GBHQ, Ray is seen still working on the car and it looks like it's in no good shape. Then the scene with Peter happens and the next scene after that is them toasting to their first and only customer. Then the call comes in and boom, the Ecto 1 is off to its first mission all fixed up and in its final form....Just how much time passed between Dana entering and the Ecto 1 zoming off to the Sedgewick?
A couple days at most.
Sav C wrote:Doesn't the entire film play out in like two weeks? Louis invites Dana to the party, which is about a week later. At the same time the Ghostbusters are setting up shop. That means they fix everything up, hire help, and get famous all in a week or so's time.
I personally came to the conclusion the movie takes place from late September to around November 9 and there's two time skips in the movie.

From the first bust to when Winston is hired is two weeks. Janine busts Peter's chops saying she was working non-stop the past two weeks. Then another couple weeks, between when Winston is hired and when Peter asks Dana out. A few days later, Thursday. Then the finale.

Chronologically, when Peter asks Dana out at Carnegie should take place after Peck and the Twinkie talk. Though it's presented 'out of order' in the movie for pacing or whatever, imo.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
"The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." ~ Albert Einstein

That's a good theory, but I'm not sure how to explain how Louis invites Dana to a party the week later, and then the eggs burst onto the counter, so Dana goes to the Ghostbusters, yet they're still setting up shop. By the time the party comes around a week or so later, the Ghostbusters are famous.
By mrmichaelt
How so, I recall that scene was, "Listen, that reminds me, I'm having a big party for all my clients, my fourth anniversary as an accountant, you know, and even though you do your own tax return, which you shouldn't do, I'd like you to stop by, being that you're my neighbor and all --" and he didn't say the party was next week to my knowledge. He just invited her to his party. No date specified.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
OK, that sounds right. I remember somebody saying it all happened in a week somewhere online, and being gullible I fell for it hook, line, and sinker :blush:
By mrmichaelt
Sav C wrote:OK, that sounds right. I remember somebody saying it all happened in a week somewhere online, and being gullible I fell for it hook, line, and sinker :blush:
No worries. One of my obsessive ticks about the franchise is making timelines. :P
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
When I was younger I tried to figure this out but didn't take into account that the montage ghost busts probably happened over a matter of days so came to the obvious incorrect conclusion it took place over one week. Thanks for that corrected info. What about Ghostbusters II?
Sav C liked this
By mrmichaelt
pferreira1983 wrote:When I was younger I tried to figure this out but didn't take into account that the montage ghost busts probably happened over a matter of days so came to the obvious incorrect conclusion it took place over one week. Thanks for that corrected info. What about Ghostbusters II?
From late November 1989 to Mid-January 1990 is what I settled on.

Late November is a guess because Dana's calendar is on November when Egon, Ray, and Peter visit to examine Oscar. So probably after Thanksgiving on November 24. Trial on the 25th - Hardemeyer probably leaned on some people to expedite it. Then the time skip envelopes most of December right past Christmas. Resumes on December 30 with the Mood slime demo and bathtub attack. Mid-January because for the celebration on Liberty Island seen briefly in the credits (the February 27, 1989 script draft says that was 'a few weeks' later - nothing to contradict that assertion in the actual movie).
By pferreira1983
mrmichaelt wrote:From late November 1989 to Mid-January 1990 is what I settled on.

Late November is a guess because Dana's calendar is on November when Egon, Ray, and Peter visit to examine Oscar. So probably after Thanksgiving on November 24. Trial on the 25th - Hardemeyer probably leaned on some people to expedite it. Then the time skip envelopes most of December right past Christmas. Resumes on December 30 with the Mood slime demo and bathtub attack. Mid-January because for the celebration on Liberty Island seen briefly in the credits (the February 27, 1989 script draft says that was 'a few weeks' later - nothing to contradict that assertion in the actual movie).
I did get confused because when Peter first meets Lenny outside his show and Hardmeyer interrupts him there's Christmas decorations in the background which made me think middle of December. Had no idea the film begins in November. :)
Sav C liked this

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances d[…]

You guys are MUCH better at IDing stuff than I am&[…]

Reboot hose attached. And Still working out a fe[…]

Thanks for making this thread - was able to follow[…]