Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume we all got the tools and got the talent to come up with a memorial patch. Harold has been one of the most memorable and comedic masterminds from my youth so I'd be proud to show my support by wearing a memorial patch on my flightsuit. I have noticed a couple ideas for a design out there so lets put our heads together and come up with something! I don't have to means of producing the patches physically but I know someone on here must! I was thinking of a simple 3 line memorial patch but I think we can do better. The blackout no ghost symbol is cool. I also like the military-esque boots and proton pack with the glasses image. Let me know what you all think! Brainstorming!
Not real keen on profiting on his death... If all else fails im just getting a custom 3 line "biker" patch made with Harold Ramis on top SPENGLER in middle and 1944 - 2014 on bottom line. Then ill sew it to my left shoulder. I just think the GB community can produce something cooler than that!
Can't see the photo from my phone. Broken link?

What about a small 3/4-1" black band that goes through the middle of the no ghost logo so the logo is still visible. White lettering saying either Ramis or Spengler maybe and 1944-2014?
ghostfan003 liked this
I don't have the means to Photoshop at the moment (at work) but what about the no ghost logo with black bar just like your image Al but with just SPENGLER in GB1 font red stitch. It may be easier to embroider. The individual can always add a crescent name bar above the no ghost logo with Harold ramis and a crescent below with 1944-2014 if they desire. I personally would prefer a stand alone patch on my left arm but that's just me.
PssdffJay wrote:Can't see the photo from my phone. Broken link?

What about a small 3/4-1" black band that goes through the middle of the no ghost logo so the logo is still visible. White lettering saying either Ramis or Spengler maybe and 1944-2014?
I like this. It's simple and still honors a great man. I think the name Spengler would do great.
This is what I was thinking. Not necessarily a whole new patch, but something we can wear as a band like how police officers do around their badge.

SPJ, Travis Burrell liked this
Whether its an addition to our regular patch or an entirely new patch its all good. Ramis or spengler is both good. We as fans know who we are honoring. My respect for Ramis goes FAR deeper than Ghostbusters, but Ghostbusters just happens to be my favorite movie. Im glad to see everyone seems to like the black band idea similar to police and firefighters. I personally think its very suiting. As far as if its a totally separate patch or not is a personal preference. I know for myself I want a separate patch I can put on my left shoulder/sleeve. I know its not very screen accurate at this point but I could care less. I messaged katarra8 on eBay to see if she could come up with a price on an entire new patch based on the GB1 velcro patch she regularly offers.
I think creating a special patch would be cool.

I haven't seen a version of the black bar across the logo that I have liked however. Lunoki's version looks decent, but I don't know if it would translate well into a patch. Could we branch out from the GB logo and think of something unique? Maybe just a silhouette of his head and glasses? Something that could go on a uniform, but not detract from the GB logo on there as well?

Also. I'm against the idea of making money off of selling patches. But we could conceivably have them made and give any profits to charity.
PssdffJay, Ecto-1 fan, SPJ liked this
I whole heartedly agree with you regarding the financial aspect AJ! I also like the idea of branching out for a permanent fixture on our uniforms. I suppose short term the memorial band for this years con season would work wonderful. However, maybe develop a separate patch for long term support. Whether its a classy silhouette or a twinkie its gotta scream Harold Ramis when I look at it lol
Aj has a fantastic idea with a sillhouette version. Fantastic idea to donate to charity as well. Ill be all over that
I agree jay. Depending on what is easier for production purposes I would buy the black silhouette idea as either a pin or patch. We would all recognize its significance and if we can give proceeds to charity its win win.... Of course if anyone else has a wicked and simple idea let us hear it!
PssdffJay liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]