Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
AJ Quick wrote:Kind of. Just not a button. A button would be easy though. We could do buttons if need be.

Here is an outline I did of the glasses. I would love if someone could clean them up:

I wish I had a paint program on my phone; another idea could be to add a lower case "e" in front of the glasses, a lower case "n" on the other side, and add a tail to the left lens, making it read "egon".
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I like that patch Lunoki.

For glasses pins, haven't seen much that captures the right essence, but I did see a couple.

Brass, but perhaps a little too ornamental:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280962606890?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Black, but more expensive and maybe too small:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360781584937?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Lunoki wrote:Realistically, how feasible would it be to have a glasses lapel pin custom made? If people chipped into a pot or something, to get the first batch (usually orders are a minimum of 100 pieces or so), and anything after that?
Its not really a problem at all.

If we go the lapel pin route, they will actually look a lot better than those ones that are out there (the eBay links Ecto-1 fan posted).
If there is legitimate interest and ppl are on the same page I have no problem chipping in to get it rolling if it comes to that. Without a finalized design to get a quote its impossible to say how much and all that obviously. But I'm game. I like the idea of a little metal glasses pin. It looks more "pro" but will obviously cost considerably more that the button pin. Button pins would be cheap as hell and way easier to customize. The image could be alot more detailed. Only downfall to the button pin it it won't look as "pro" as a metal pin. A guy could get the ball rolling faster with the button pin as well. We could get them pumped out alot faster than a custom metal pin. Could always pump them out quick for con season as im sure other ppl would wear one aside from just us busters. Could always do a "limited" run of the cool metal ones for the more hardcore busters that want to adopt it as a part of their uniform long term instead of just raising awareness in light of the recent loss.
I'd prefer the cool metal one though personally.
Michael Scott wrote:
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote:I came up with this patch design at work today. Quick mock-up in ms paint:

I really like this design. I'd prefer it as a pin rather than a patch, but it's cool either way.
Thanks Man.

Feel free to use the image if you were looking to have some made up. I'd recommend http://www.qualitylapelpins.com as they have no minimum order and don't charge for setup fees, etc.
So... I emailed that qualitylapelpins regarding the metal Egon glasses idea to see what they are capable of producing. Sent a Photo of the glasses found at Harry Caray's. So hopefully they get back to me on cost and a potential idea. I apology if I took a step that shouldn't be taken but i just wanted to get the ball rolling.
Please let me take care of that portion. I have worked with that company on numerous projects, and they're actually local to me.

I basically just have to send them the outline of the glasses, and they will handle the rest... but I would like some more feedback on how the design should look. I want a solid lapel pin vs just the frames of the glasses.
Tyrael liked this
AJ Quick wrote:Please let me take care of that portion. I have worked with that company on numerous projects, and they're actually local to me.

I basically just have to send them the outline of the glasses, and they will handle the rest... but I would like some more feedback on how the design should look. I want a solid lapel pin vs just the frames of the glasses.

For sure AJ. That works well if they are local to you. I'm messaged them mostly to hear what design possibilities are there from a company that knows their capabilities. If i get some time on photoshop in the next day or two i'll try to come up with a design of sorts. Unless anyone here beats me to it of course
Michael Scott wrote:I like the glasses look. I'd vote for black frames on white background, reminds me of the Harry Caray patch the Cubs wore when he passed.
Here is a white button design.

I'd still like to look into the lapels, the buttons are very cheap and easy though too.
Cory GB Maine liked this
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote:Still good & readable at 100 pixels:

I really.love this design
Tyrael liked this
I really like it too.. However, I used it in a different way. Thanks for the image Stantz jr.!... I put it on my pack and i think its subtle enough it won't screw up the overall appearance where i put it. Also, if the tragic passing of anymore of our beloved ghostbusters happens in the future, I intend to use the same memorial design. I'll stick any memorials in the future just below the Ramis memorial.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 78dazr.jpg
Tyrael, Kingpin liked this
Id love to get one of those for my pack as well
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote:I came up with this patch design at work today. Quick mock-up in ms paint:

Count me as another supporter of this design if we were to do enamel pins. Whilst the glasses would be fairly recognisable in the community, I think their significance would be lost to people "not in the know".

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]