Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By CaptCyan
Croker wrote:Cheers, I'll go and check them out.

Liking the BTTF van btw. I might have to do one to go with my corgi Delorean.
I'd like to see that, too.

For those of you who didn't buy in on the Cryptozoic Entertainment Board Game.. http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 7#p4826553
...Crooked Dice have one of their own which uses their Figures along with others.

"Paranormal Exterminator Programme Guide available

Here’s the first release for our 7TV second edition rules – the Paranormal Exterminators programme guide. With thirty new profiles for ghost hunters, spectres, spooks and cryptozoological threats, this 24 page PDF will allow you to add a supernatural spin to your 7TV games. Also included are four scenarios and background material on the little known Dead On Arrival television show from the Barron archives – all illustrated with photography from Kevin Dallimore."

I haven't purchased it yet, but will let you all know how it is when I do.

Nice group shot with their version of an Ecto Convertible.
By CaptCyan
Croker wrote:I've been busy. :wink:
I guess you have. Nice job on the Ecto Mini. :nicejobyoudid:

I downloaded the FREE 7TV 2nd Edition Game Rules and purchased the Paranormal Exterminators Programme Guide.

http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/

Instead of writing a page and a half of explanations, I found a "Gamer Show" review that talks about the Paranormal Exterminators Game. Much easier and less painful for all concerned.

Starts around 23:50 and goes to about 35:40

By bradboss12
Wow! Cool stuff. I made some guys out of Heroclix figures for the upcoming Kickstarter "Ghostbusters: the Boardgame". I made family and friends, just for fun. I hate to give them away!

Last edited by Kingpin on September 20th, 2015, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed broken url code
By joeghostbuster
this just showed up in my Facebook news feed...

"This Fire Station is made from 3mm MDF, and 1mm grey board. It is easy to put together and looks great on the tabletop. Model supplied unpainted and will require assembly. We advise using PVA glue for the best results. The Fire Station stands 24cm tall, 16cm wide and 26cm deep."

(I'd say that is approx. 9.5" tall, 6.5" wide, and 10.5" deep)... cost is £21.95 / $32

plus they have lots of other city props etc in that scale that would work well with this

http://ttcombat.com/collections/city/pr ... re-station
Crazy1van liked this
By CaptCyan
bradboss12 wrote:Wow! Cool stuff. I made some guys out of Heroclix figures for the upcoming Kickstarter "Ghostbusters: the Boardgame". I made family and friends, just for fun. I hate to give them away!

Hey BB!

Nice job on the custom figures. Got any shots of the Packs that they are wearing? Did you scratch build their equipment or are they found pieces?

joeghostbuster wrote:this just showed up in my Facebook news feed...

(I'd say that is approx. 9.5" tall, 6.5" wide, and 10.5" deep)... cost is £21.95 / $32
Nice find there, Joe!

$45.30 when you include shipping. :-D
By CaptCyan
Some more Paranormal Investigators from Crooked Dice. These five should show up sometime in September.

Unlike the first batch, these seem to be sporting Movie Accurate Packs. For being only an inch tall, the likeness of the Figures to the Actresses and Actor are pretty spot on.

Crooked Dice also have a Vehicle, which is available right now.

For those who can't have enough 'Busters, Nexus Studios will be releasing figures of the "Original" Ghostbusters from the live action TV show.

Ecto-1 fan, Kingpin liked this
By CaptCyan
Small update on the Figures I'm working on.

Looks like the Terrorists are about to show up for a visit...

...and getting back to Ghostbusters, we have a Cab Driver crossing over from the Game thread.

Kingpin liked this
By MonaLS
CaptCyan wrote:Some more Paranormal Investigators from Crooked Dice. These five should show up sometime in September.ImageUnlike the first batch, these seem to be sporting Movie Accurate Packs. For being only an inch tall, the likeness of the Figures to the Actresses and Actor are pretty spot on.
Those look awesome. I haven't painted figures in ages. That would be great to get back into if I become unemployed in the near future. (Which seems fairly likely - the writing is on the wall.)

And I LOVE Kevin's heroic pose. And the hammer. :)
By CaptCyan
Got my 2016 Paranormal Investigators!

Only putting up progression pics of Holtzmann as I'll be adding Wires to Her Pistols and maybe a Bandolier.

Last edited by CaptCyan on October 16th, 2016, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CaptCyan
chadsangster wrote:Hi capt,
You have amazing work and I would love to purchase from you if you have any available. Please let me know. My email is chadsangster@yahoo.com.
Thank you,
Chad
chadsangster wrote:Capt,
Nice job on painting those but I was referring to the traps and goggles you made for the rgb figures.
Chad
Thanks for asking. I haven't cast up anything for sale for about 2 years.
By CaptCyan
Added some more shadow on her Faceand some Lip color. Base coloring on Uniform and Highlights.

Doing this to all the Investigators, just showing Holtzmann for now.

By CaptCyan
Found a new favorite Paint Color. Zinc. Used it for painting the Packs, Guns and the "Hose".

It looks Black until the light hits it and it shines a Dark Metallic Silver.

I also painted Her Gloves ands Boots with my other favorite, Oily Black.

I also managed to get the Caution Stripe in on the back.

I purchased the Zinc at Michaels.

Next, I'll light up the Packs.
Kingpin liked this
By CaptCyan
Thanks Joe!

Getting into the home stretch with these. Buckles and Buttons all painted up and Straps touched up. Packs are being lit up. I have Holtzmann's done to show you.

The tiny lights on the Guns and Pack were a bit of a pain to paint...

...but the results were well worth the time.

Here She is under Black Light.

Once all the Packs are lit, I'll have Finger Tips and a few touch ups and then they'll be ready to attach to their Bases.
Alphagaia, MonaLS, Kingpin liked this
By CaptCyan
Back to the Paranormal Exterminators 2016. Here's some group shots, front...

...and back. Still need a few touch ups and minor things like the Lenses on their Glasses but they are ready to be attached to their Bases.

Time to look at the other 'busters. Here's Abby with her Power Glove...

...Erin shootin' 'em up...

...Patty leading the charge...

...and Kevin, with his Hammer dangling.

Kingpin liked this
By CaptCyan
All figures are mounted to their Bases. A few more tweaks to show such as Fingers being painted, "Glass" in Glasses and some Color in Patty's Hair.

This angle shows the detail a bit better on Abby's Power Glove.

The number of Paranormal Investigators has exceeded the seating of the Ecto...I need to find a Vehicle with a larger passenger capacity. Any ideas?

Kingpin, joeghostbuster liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]