Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By ccv66
Motherboard seems to be included, if theyre vague i would guess its because they might be kicking around not using metal to save money.. Only thing thats not included is frame and electronics.. I planned on getting their electronics just because i assumed it will mount nicer, but hard to go wrong at the gbfans shop. Anovos should have the ability and the resources to make a really good pack for the money. Cant be any worse than matty.. Not to confident on their delivery dates though
By GhostFan1
I'm very tempted to pre-order the pack but just not sure I want to tie up $600 for who knows how long. I have some of their items (BSG & Trek) and the quality is top notch but watching the constant delays with their Star Wars line has me worried. I was 100% certain they would never have the pack done by Q4 2016 as that seemed to quick for them to deliver such a complex item. I can't really determine if Q1 2017 is a realistic delivery goal or not but I hope they can meet it. I'll probably hold off until I can have some confidence in a delivery date.
By idfraser
That is great! @Got Maul, that would be great if you made the holes pre measured and drilled, I bought a rivet tool on my last proton pack build so it will come in handy yet again.
By ccv66
Pics of their uniform look good and $300 is kinda of i figured charge, but did anyone else notice the wand the guys holding looks a little funky?
By idfraser
ccv66 wrote:Pics of their uniform look good and $300 is kinda of i figured charge, but did anyone else notice the wand the guys holding looks a little funky?
What Anovos Ghostbusters uniform are you referring to? I don't see it anywhere on their site or publications, all I can see is the Proton Pack kit, Alice Pack Frame and No Ghost patch.
By nkhex19
idfraser wrote:
ccv66 wrote:Pics of their uniform look good and $300 is kinda of i figured charge, but did anyone else notice the wand the guys holding looks a little funky?
What Anovos Ghostbusters uniform are you referring to? I don't see it anywhere on their site or publications, all I can see is the Proton Pack kit, Alice Pack Frame and No Ghost patch.
https://www.anovos.com/products/ghostbu ... it-uniform
By ccv66
$250 on sale for fobs ,belt, hose , elbow pads, gloves and uniform seems fair. You can do a little cheaper elsewhere but i like to think Anovos quality would be be best bang for buck
By ccv66
Unfortunately id doubt they do custom name tags. Cant mass produce and too easy to get names spelt wrong. Probably more headache than it would be worth. But getting a blank uniform with no name tag would be easy. Just let costumer get their own customized name
By AmazonChitlin
idfraser wrote:
https://www.anovos.com/products/ghostbu ... it-uniform
By Kingpin
ccv66 wrote:Unfortunately id doubt they do custom name tags. Cant mass produce and too easy to get names spelt wrong. Probably more headache than it would be worth. But getting a blank uniform with no name tag would be easy. Just let costumer get their own customized name
It'd be worth asking the Anovos team if they plan to do custom nametags in the future, AJ and a few other sellers (like on Etsy) have been doing custom ones for a while now.

The suit seems reasonable, and not a bad price for the essentials. I'm curious to know though if the black squares on the elbow pads are sewn on/bonded to the pads, or painted on, as wear and tear can be an issue with something sewn on.

The Proton Gun in the pictures is missing one of the ears from the barrel, and has some sort of sticker near the heatsink, it's probably one of their personal replicas that they've used for the photos, rather than one of the prototypes for the kit run.
ccv66 liked this
By IDDQD
pyhasanon wrote:At $250, I would rather get a Gibson and Barnes custom...
I'm with Phil on this one.. I got the email yesterday with much excitement, and immediately thought, "Really??" after looking at the gallery. I suppose there is hope that during the production process that we will see something closer to the G&B Herringbone suits. From what I could tell of the concept photos, this is essentially:

CWU 27/P Nomex flightsuit (they didnt even remove the pencil pocket flap..), with a custom loop on the left hip for the Leg Hose
Fox Outdoor Pistol Belt
Old casting of the Leg Hose adapter (you can see the "nozzle")
Inaccurate Fobs
Semi-accurate Elbow Pads

Again, I'm hoping that this is entirely FPO, and not indicative of the final product line.
By pyhasanon
Demon Vice Commander wrote:The suits don't even have the side-entry pockets, so these "official" flight suits offer no advantage whatsoever over the standard Nomex suits that are readily available.
...and significantly cheaper...
By ccv66
If you orderd everything from the gbfans shop it be about $150 , a hundred dollars cheaper then Anovos. Hopefully Anovos final product will be a little more accurate . If you take away the foam pack, belt , fob , elbow pads and leg hose, Anovos is cheaper than Rubies deluxe costume. So I wasnt to outraged with the price. Now if it a $700 flight suit id want flawless, with armpit stains to match bill murrys ect...
By idfraser
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112197161869?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Hey guys,

Any thoughts on this ebay auction showing a January kit delivery?

- Ghostbuster Fraser
"Tell him about the twinkie... What about the twinkie?"
My GB1 pack build! --> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38945
By GhostFan1
I was chatting on their live chat last week about some Trek items and asked about the pack, The agent said the pack is nearly finished and would be delivered early Q1.
By csullivan1980
I haven't been following much about the ANOVOS pack and gear but looking at the photos something just seems off about the wand. The heat sink looks off and the right ear is broken. Not sure why they allowed photos like this out. Of course this could just be early photos and not the final kits but personally I feel better buying from makers here.
By Kingpin
idfraser wrote:Any thoughts on this ebay auction showing a January kit delivery?
I'd avoid that, it's common for people to list items that are on pre-order on eBay when they don't actually have any guarantee they'll have it for the date they've advertised.
By idfraser
Kingpin wrote:
idfraser wrote:Any thoughts on this ebay auction showing a January kit delivery?
I'd avoid that, it's common for people to list items that are on pre-order on eBay when they don't actually have any guarantee they'll have it for the date they've advertised.
I messages the guy captrob8423, here is the conversation;

Ian: If I order the Proton Pack when will I get it?

captrob8423: End of January, beginning of February

Ian: I don't understand, Anovos has not announced it's kit release date yet it just says Q1 2017, how can you guarantee this delivery time frame?

captrob8423: I see, well they keep changing the dates. If anything I can make one from scratch. I've made three before and thought the kit would be cheaper for people wanting a full pack

Ian: Thank you

I felt like a guy at a used car lot! Is it legal and within eBay's rules to sell a product that you don't have in your possession, nor even the foggiest notion on when it's coming?
By Kingpin
I'm afraid I'm not an expert in the legality of it, all I can say though is that with no guarantee of having what they're promising, it'd be better to look elsewhere rather than take the risk.
By idfraser
Oh I'm not going to buy his pre-order pack, I am actually one of the poor saps that preordered the kit directly from Anovos. I have a Con coming up in May of 2017 in which I am a promoter (I sold my first proton pack), I sure hope we get the kits in Jan or Feb of 2017 so I can have it completed by May.

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]