Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Xavierallen
Is there a post where people can update with when they ordered and when they get it? So we can use it almost as a makeshift countdown clock of when ours might be arriving. So far, 2 of us in march and 1 in may of 16 that just got emailed that it's arriving tomorrow...theres 3 so far.
By Jangonate
It could change at anytime, of course, but it seems that they're saying everything will be caught up in the Winter 2017/18 time frame. That means by March of this year.

I appreciate people sharing when they bought and when they received, too. I picked mine up a few months ago. So I'm settling in for the wait.
Marcus B liked this
By TimsGhost
Before you get your proton pack kit, make sure you have a dremel rotary tool. This is absolutely a necessary tool, even though the instructions only list a modelling knife. That is laughable, since the mold is so non-precise and the pieces just don't fit together since Anovos didn't bother to trim down excess molding. I just spent thirty minute using the dremel, like a dentist, to grind down and reshape the molding, in order to fit the blue plastic into the power cell window area. I also needed to grind and chip away pieces of PVC pipe inside the pack, because it was sticking up higher than the power cell window, and the blue plastic had no way of fitting in there. I can't complain about this to my friend (who I borrowed the dremel from) because he already makes fun of me for letting a company hang on to my money for almost two years... now it turns out that they held onto my money for so long, and didn't even send me a precise product. I expected more. Despite this, and all of the edges being rounded (again from a poor mold), the pack is pretty nice. The plastic is very thick (thus why a modelling knife isn't going to cut it) and heavy. I don't know if it was posted before, but the gross weight of the shipping box is 23 pounds.
Marcus B liked this
By Jangonate
Yeah, I ordered in october and have gotten notice that I should receive it by March. That could change, though, but it sounds like they’re on track.

Didn’t notice they were unavailable. Glad I got it ordered.
By Mercifull
TimsGhost wrote:Anovos "quality". They couldnt even line up the pre-drilled screw holes on the control arm.

https://imgur.com/gallery/SaGqk
Ouch! At least thats going to be fixable without it being too visible. Might need a washer on the back or something
By Sailerm
I got two proton packs this week. I've taken s few photos of my build. The downloadable instructions are a tad too minimal for my liking. Biggest issue I'm having right now is it seems none of the predrilled holes are lining up. The plastic ring that goes on the tip of the wand doesn't fit, it's to tight.

I don't mind having to drill new holes. I
Wish more detailed images were included so it was easier to know what screws and fittings go where. ImageImageImage
By TimsGhost
I agree, the instructions are awful... how are you going to label parts on the instructions, and not give a key or label the physical parts? Some of the parts just dont go together
feevrt liked this
By da_rambler20
TimsGhost wrote:Has anyone received the Anovos proton pack frame yet? The shipping calendar still has it listed as Winter 2017... which ends this coming Monday.
I was curious about this as well. I'm sure these will get delayed again. I sure hope I'm wrong.
By deadderek
Kit ordered November 2016....still not even shipped as of January 2019. Keep getting told repeatedly "soon" and "it's shipping this week" and completely pissed off about being straight lied to.

Was even told the kit would ship before the new in-stock orders went out...and that's bull.

Anovos just drops the ball so hard.
By TK5759
deadderek wrote: January 8th, 2019, 10:45 am Kit ordered November 2016....still not even shipped as of January 2019. Keep getting told repeatedly "soon" and "it's shipping this week" and completely pissed off about being straight lied to.

Was even told the kit would ship before the new in-stock orders went out...and that's bull.

Anovos just drops the ball so hard.
A friend of mine waited over a year for his Kylo Ren ensemble to ship. He asked for his money back several times and had to threaten legal action before they actually refunded it. Word has it that they're going to lose the Star Wars license soon so I'd ask for your money back before they're out of business.

Remember, friends don't let friends buy from Anovos.
By TimsGhost
I have run into Ghostbusters fans at costume parties, who inquire about my pack. I tell them its an Anovos pack, but DO NOT buy from them. I tell them all the difficulties of making their poor design work, all the broken pieces we see here, and how long it takes for them to ship. Look elsewhere, avoid Anovos
NotSabbat, deadderek liked this
By deadderek
Lowberg wrote:So Anovos started taking pre-orders for the $3.5k Spengler Legacy hero pack kit over 2 years ago.... yet for some reason I haven't seen a single kit delivered. Hmmm.....
Funny it's vanished entirely from the site. Anovos is downright disgusting to deal with.

There is ZERO EXCUSES to straight LIE to customers as they do.

From shitty customer service to poor parts, hopefully they get their licenses pulled.

It's not limited to just Ghostbusters fans either.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]