Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By ccv66
Front handle is probably around $30 to switch out, but every little upgrade adds up and at some point you'll be better off buying something different. The handle did bug me, they should have made it to separate pieces. I already have spare parts for it, but I'll probably just leave it. Now bill Murrays wand kind of looks warped in the same way, hard for me to be sure from the pics. Even if it is , is that how it was on screen or is it the 30 years of getting banged around? So regardless if it's exact scan of bill Murrays thrower, they should have straighten it out
By Styrofoam_Guy
Thanks for the close up photos. As someone who has built his own pack you do notices the little problems. I do still think it is a good deal and you would figure that they would cut corners in some places to keep costs down.

Saying that, only another fan would noticed the little problems.
Sav C liked this
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:Thanks for the close up photos. As someone who has built his own pack you do notices the little problems. I do still think it is a good deal and you would figure that they would cut corners in some places to keep costs down.

I agree with you whole heartidly. For 99.9% of the customers out there I think it will be a fine solution.

I myself will probably change out a couple things, but I also plan on building a plexiglass frame to keep it in, rig it for lights and sound, and then mount it on a wall in the man cave for display where i can flip a switch and turn it on. I MAY wear it for Halloween once or twice, but its full time job, like most of my replica and screen used stuff, is just to look at/admire. This kit will do that job perfectly
By venkman71
Vinny and I did a build video for the kit yesterday.

I cannot even believe this thing. I'm sure I'll be told I'm biased but this would have been my dream kit first time out of the box. Everything is done for you and the design is smart.

You can literally assemble pack, thrower and even lights and sound if you feel like it), in an afternoon.

We just kept standing around between takes and turning the pieces over in our hands just kind of mezmerized.

The shell itself is fiberglass that looks thick enough to stop a bullet.
The pieces are NOT cheap. They're thick-walled resin and smooth as silk. Everything is molded in black. When it's assembled, it's got WEIGHT.
The laser cut motherboard has a panel insert with speaker grills which is a nice design.
All the major pieces are slot and peg mounting with keys so there's NO guesswork.
Labels are okay. Changed a little bit for copyright purposes but other than that,....I can't imagine a better way to spend $600 if ya got it.

-V71
twmedford23, Troy, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
By Marcus B
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:Thanks for the close up photos. As someone who has built his own pack you do notices the little problems. I do still think it is a good deal and you would figure that they would cut corners in some places to keep costs down.

What are the biggest issues with this kit?
By ccv66
#1 Packaging was absolutely terrible. Surprised a bunch of things weren't broken
#2 Labels- you should get/need dry rub transfer and metallic lables. The prints are sharp though and I will be using about 50-60% of them.
#3 Motherboard and attachment. You get a pastic motherboard. I don't think it will hold up and it's a little thicker than gbfans
#4 was made for easy assembly, sacrifice accuracy
#5 Front wand handle- it's a molded one piece. Looks off, might be exactly like the one had access too, but most prop builders would have cleaned it up. I left mine, could buy new front handle parts
#6 booster frame - says anovos on it, license issue better ones out there
#7 plastic coating on parts, dulls the welds up a bit
#8 Not a huge fan of their crank knob and clippards, hat lights, bellow, vhook mount . Will be buying and moddifing some of them

#9 For every single part in this kit, there are better parts available, but not from the same person, not in a kit, not easier to build and not for $600 dollars.

I'm happy with it, but it should be thought as what level of $ pack do you want. Starting level is homemade pack, ending with buying a screen used pack. Anovos falls somewhere in the middle. Im handicapped by my skill, knowledge and wallet, so it's where I wanted to be with a few upgrades and mods
By AmazonChitlin
I agree with you ccv66. I've already purchased real Clippards, accurate hat lights, gbfans light and sound kit for the thrower and pack, dry rub transfers, and metal labels. I'm sure other, better parts may be added later, but these should at least get me to where I'll be happy for awhile.

I may take the motherboard to an metal shop to see if they can't cut me a new one out of aluminum, but right now its not the most super high thing on my list (I think I saw that you posted that the gbfans motherboard is a different size?).
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
Definitely want to see it and curious about the difference. Has to be priced way more than double. Especially if it comes with lights , sounds and already complete.. at least $1800. Not sure I'm ready to drink the anovos Kool-Aid again and if anovos can execute it. But a direct cast should be one of the best shells out. I'm pretty happy with their current shell.. no way their electronics will be better than gbfans though
I ordered a sheet of aluminium for the motherboard. Probably just going to trace and cut by hand. Buddy has laser cutter, but creating file and calling in a favor is a hassle in itself. I'll see how hard it is, I'll make the file available if I have it cut

The gbfans mother board is to short, Does any one actual know if each actors packs vary in length that much, up to an 1 inch?
By Demon Vice Commander
That is not the Spengler Hero Pack. There’s no evidence of Harold Ramis ever having worn that particular pack.

The Super Hero Pack was briefly used in the rooftop scenes by both Bill and Ernie in GB1. Louis later wears this pack for a few of the FX shots from the deleted Slimer sequence in GB2.
abaka, twmedford23 liked this
By Kingpin
Demon Vice Commander wrote:That is not the Spengler Hero Pack. There’s no evidence of Harold Ramis ever having worn that particular pack.
It's my understanding the Pack had a Spengler label on it at the time Sean and Vincenzo were given access to it, which is the basis behind them referring to it as the "Spengler" Pack, not to be confused with the "Ramis" Pack that was auctioned a while back.
By abaka
Demon Vice Commander wrote:That is not the Spengler Hero Pack. There’s no evidence of Harold Ramis ever having worn that particular pack.

The Super Hero Pack was briefly used in the rooftop scenes by both Bill and Ernie in GB1. Louis later wears this pack for a few of the FX shots from the deleted Slimer sequence in GB2.
I wouldn't say that out loud, I tried to say that on Facebook and apparently Sony demanded the post was taken down because some crazed fan was complaining....I always though the guy who shot John Lennon was a crazed fan, not someone voicing their opinion on Facebook.
By Demon Vice Commander
Well, there’s no photographic evidence in either films or production stills to prove that Harold Ramis ever wore it. Sony has been wrong before about some of the details regarding the prop assets in their collection. They might very well be conflating this pack with the broken GB2 Spengler semi-hero pack that they still have.

If this pack in fact had a masking tape label like the rest of the hero packs, surely we would have known about it by now, given how much this particular pack has been photographed and documented.

I’m not trying to be too pedantic regarding which actor actually wore this pack, but it does seem worth pointing out if it’s blatantly incorrect. Honestly, they could just call it a “Bill Murray Hero Pack” and save everyone the confusion.
abaka liked this
By Lowberg
Guys who cares who wore it or what pack is "The Spengler Pack"...

For the first time ever, there's going to be CONFIRMED 1ST GEN castings of a hero pack shell and all of the parts..

This is not a "I found sliced up pieces of mold in a dumpster of a GB1 stunt pack that's been hacked up, glued together and re-cast 3x before some douche with red suspenders started selling even worse recast versions of it and claims its screen used" shell.... But a 100% screen accurate, shell cast from an original pack with all it's details.

But yea, all the markings line up with the 'Super Hero' pack from the Sony Lobby.

I pray to the Anovos gods (Vince, Sean are you a god? Please say yes) that they would consider selling the shell only, or even in kit form. But from the sounds of it, its going to be a full completed pack only.
ccv66, twmedford23, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
By ccv66
I believe people on this forum more than anything Sony says, and its kind of the purpose of the forum to point out incorrect information but its kind of a mute point. Its about the verified cast over who actually wore it. Its not like its malicious, where if they call it Spengler it would sell better. Would have saved some confusion if they just referred it as hero pack
abaka, MasterOod, deadderek liked this
By LeBloop
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:Very interesting and neat. I am fairly sure I will not be able to afford this without winning the lotto.
I plan to go in East Europa to sell some organs to afford it :lol:

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]