Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By pyhasanon
So, apparently, Anovos unofficially announced that they will be making high-end GB uniforms and props, specifically mentioning the Proton Pack... Official announcement sometime in October...

https://kutv.com/news/entertainment/sal ... roductions
MasterOod liked this
By JoeLuna33
This is pretty incredible. I heard nothing about this at the con. I just hope that it doesnt take the prop making aspect away from this site and hobby.
By AJ Quick
JoeLuna33 wrote:This is pretty incredible. I heard nothing about this at the con. I just hope that it doesnt take the prop making aspect away from this site and hobby.
The CEO of Avonos was GBProps.com User #2 "Got Maul".

I'm sure he would do right for all of us. After all he was a big help in getting the site off the ground in the first place.
jackdoud, tuskentrooper, Alex Newborn and 1 others liked this
By Prologic9
I remember Got Maul, I had no idea he went on to do Anovos.

Licensed Proton Pack replicas are obviously something the community has been wanting for a very long time, but at this stage the Uniforms are really the best thing about this.

Anovos's costumes are the next best thing to screen used, they'll most likely be the first truly accurate uniforms we've seen. I haven't had a full GB costume since I was a teenager, but I'll be buying this.
By pyhasanon
Two things that I'm hoping for:
(1) High-end PKE Meter
(2) Accurate ripstop/herringbone uniforms
By pyhasanon
Well, the video says it is, straight from their mouth, so I would think so... what makes you doubt it, Joe?
By halliwax
pyhasanon wrote:Two things that I'm hoping for:
(1) High-end PKE Meter
(2) Accurate ripstop/herringbone uniforms
have to agree with you 100% im done for a screen accurate and matching sound PKE
By Not404Error
Welp... I look forward to them taking all of my money.
deadderek liked this
By pyhasanon
JoeLuna33 wrote:I just hope that it doesnt take the prop making aspect away from this site and hobby.
I don't think so... did Anovos have that effect on the Star Wars and Star Trek communities?
deadderek liked this
By goldenhawk
pyhasanon wrote:
JoeLuna33 wrote:I just hope that it doesnt take the prop making aspect away from this site and hobby.
I don't think so... did Anovos have that effect on the Star Wars and Star Trek communities?
Nope. The costumes produced by Anovos are expensive. They basically are the "one stop shop" for the costumer that have the cash.

That being said, if a person purchases a full Star Wars costume from them, it pretty much guarantees approval from the 501st and Rebel Legion.
deadderek liked this
By halliwax
let's not forget as a prop builder you can build for far cheaper then purchasing from them. their imperial officer costume is 1500 bucks. I think that's crazy expensive for that kind of costume..

I still believe this community will have more accurate packs then any mass produced company

if you look on therpf it also takes anovos a very long time to deliver...
By LandoSystem
I really hope their packs are like $20 cheaper than that VHS-Robert fellow and he's driven right out of business. We know they will be better quality, lets just hope the price is there.
MasterOod, deadderek liked this
By abaka
The only thing I would really want from Anovos is a Giga Meter...and we can now build these thanks to TC and hopefully Heavy props for electronics.

My real desire for them is accurate flightsuits (ripstop / herringbone)
By Kingpin
It's some consolation knowing that Got Maul is involved, that one of the community is going to have a hand in these. I suppose we can assume from this development that the "high end" replica Rubies had been working on, but had delayed on releasing is now unlikely to see mass production.
deadderek liked this
By gold333
LandoSystem wrote:I really hope their packs are like $20 cheaper than that VHS-Robert fellow and he's driven right out of business. We know they will be better quality, lets just hope the price is there.
Whats $20 on a $1500 buy?
By LandoSystem
My point was that he only exists because there isn't anyone else cranking out packs like he does and if a viable competitor could undercut him by just a tiny bit he'd collapse.
gold333 liked this
By bromie
I'm interested to see what they end up doing with this; it'd be good to someone's take on a 'large-scale production' pack.

Although, I think I still prefer a self-made pack, just because of the effort and individualism of each build. Like people above I'm interested to see what they make of the smaller props, like the PKE, Giga Meter and trap. Again I kinda prefer homemade trap builds, but if they make a replica that doesn't look like a plasticy toy then I'd probably be interested.

Hopefully something like QMX's 'Artisan' props, just not as expensive... :cry:
alphabeta001 liked this
By pyhasanon
bromie wrote:Hopefully something like QMX's 'Artisan' props, just not as expensive... :cry:
It's Anovos, it's gonna be expensive...
By abaka
If they do the flightsuit on it's own, I could imagine it coming around $400 if not lower. If they do ripstop / herringbone, they're going to have to locate or have the fabric made plus they're going to have to do a bit of work to match the colours.

However, my worry is that if they do do uniforms, they will only sell them as complete uniforms rather than flightsuits....this means belts, elbow pads, and all the things that go on the belts....if they only sell them as complete uniforms I dread to think what the price will be.
By Enigmapc
I happened to stop by the Anovos booth at the Salt Lake Comic Con 2015 in my Ghostbusters uniform (I just finished my pack a week prior to the event thanks to this awesome community), and the representative was oogling my pack. He mentioned to check the Anovos website on Halloween day for "some items that may be of interest to a Ghostbuster".

My uniform is pretty basic....proton pack, desert tan flight suit dyed gray, web belt with key fobs, leg hose, elbow pads, etc. What I did not have is the trap, PKE meter, belt gizmo, and goggles. I was talking to him about the lack of these items, and that is when he told me to check the website on Oct 31st, which leads me to believe they will be producing some/all of these props.

I'm sure they will do proton packs, but I am also sure they will do props to accompany the uniform. I guess I am optimistically cautious. After all the time, resources and swear words I invested in making my own pack, the reward was seeing what I had accomplished at the end of the build. As mentioned in other threads, the build...mistakes and all...are mine. Commercially produced items just don't seem to compare.

Having said that, I am hoping they have a fantastic PKE meter and set of goggles.
By Rodimus
gold333 wrote:
LandoSystem wrote:I really hope their packs are like $20 cheaper than that VHS-Robert fellow and he's driven right out of business. We know they will be better quality, lets just hope the price is there.
Whats $20 on a $1500 buy?
My fear is that Bob tries to recast it
MasterOod, gold333 liked this
By pyhasanon
Rodimus wrote:My fear is that Bob tries to recast it
...or claim that it's his... He did that with the Matty stuff...
By Tyrael
That'll be a fun day. I get the feeling Anovos would have the resources to take Bob to task for his usual antics.
deadderek liked this
By Lowberg
I'm very excited for this, but also very curious how they are going to do the proton packs.

Anovos has a very high standard for screen accuracy with the Star Wars stuff, but the manufacturing process of say a 100% screen accurate storm trooper costume is relatively simple compared to that a proton pack. The stormtrooper stuff and Star Wars helmets is all vaccuformed pieces or injection molded plastic basically.

I'm just very curious to see how they will pull off making pack replicas while upholding their high standards of accuracy as a company, I mean they are going to have to get surplus of parts.... make legris elbow replicas... fiberglass shells, ect.. we all know how much is involved in making a pack.

I can't really see Anovos doing what Matty did with the thrower and make a dumbed down simplified replica.

We shall see!

On another note.... With some of the Star Wars items, they were able handle and 3D Scan some of the original props... So who knows maybe with the official License they have had access to the Hero Packs?

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]