Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By zeta otaku
if I had to wager a guess, I'd say the powers that be don't think it's worth it. Of the two cars, the original Ecto-1 is more iconic and they DID restore that to a point. Yeah, they added a bunch of modern audio and video gear to the interior, but the exterior restoration wasn't done 100%. Some of the roof gear was replaced to "close enough" replacements and the actual body work was completed to make it look nice up until you got a close look. I remember the rear bumper being really out of whack when I saw it at a car show promoting the video game here in New York. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the car was shown some love and restored to the point it is at and not rotting away like it's sister, but the job wasn't done correctly and only done to the point to make it look pretty and serviceable to please crowds.

I mean, to be fair, my friends and I got closer to the car than even the snobby girls they had around the car. The guy managing the Video Game display saw we were fans and loved talking with us and let us actually look at some of the gear inside... to which I regret not taking pictures of at the time.
By Kelvin Shackelford
Yea you might be right, but fans still care about 1A. A Multi-Million dollar Corp should think anything GB related would be "Worth it" some many years later. It's sad actually....but they do hook up the original though we all can atleast be proud of that.
By Demon Vice Commander
As much as the fans love the 1A, and as neat as it would be to see it restored, Sony just sees it as an old car that's not advancing their business interests; the studio is probably thinking, "Well, we already have a Ghostbusters car, so no need to bother with the other one". There's also the possibility that they're keeping the 1A on hand as a donor for parts.
By pferreira1983
Kelvin Shackelford wrote:Yea you might be right, but fans still care about 1A. A Multi-Million dollar Corp should think anything GB related would be "Worth it" some many years later. It's sad actually....but they do hook up the original though we all can atleast be proud of that.
I will be happy when one day I get to see that car flash it's billboard light message again.
Kelvin Shackelford liked this
By deadderek
Sony seems to have no love for Ghostbusters 2. How long did we have to wait between a blu ray release of Ghostbusters 1 & 2?

Now our beloved Ecto-1A sits rotting away with not a finger being lifted to fix her up. So sad.
By pyhasanon
In Sony's defense, though, when they finally did bring us GB2 on Blu-ray, they completely remastered the movie to a point that it's like watching a whole new version of the movie, it was both beautiful and impressive... that alone was a labor of love...
By deadderek
pyhasanon wrote:In Sony's defense, though, when they finally did bring us GB2 on Blu-ray, they completely remastered the movie to a point that it's like watching a whole new version of the movie, it was both beautiful and impressive... that alone was a labor of love...
I can't recall off the top of my head, but I could have sworn I heard that it was actually supposed to come out around the same times as the first. I know in the earliest of ads they showed both movies together. I don't think we were ever given a reason for the delay.
By d_osborn
deadderek wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:In Sony's defense, though, when they finally did bring us GB2 on Blu-ray, they completely remastered the movie to a point that it's like watching a whole new version of the movie, it was both beautiful and impressive... that alone was a labor of love...
I can't recall off the top of my head, but I could have sworn I heard that it was actually supposed to come out around the same times as the first. I know in the earliest of ads they showed both movies together. I don't think we were ever given a reason for the delay.
Yeah, I think it was a trade show booth BR release display that had a display with both logos. It was a long wait for the BR, not to mention ANY GB2 supplemental material. It was definitely done right, though.

Wasn't the 1A getting "pimped" at CVS after the big E1 restoration? Like huge wheels, Sony video screens on the headrests, that sort of thing? I seem to remember hearing something like that.
By pyhasanon
deadderek wrote:
Probably to time it with the 30th Anniversary...
By Travis Burrell
I signed the petition guys. I also have such huge heart for the 1A and hope one day it will be restored as well. :(

I just wanted to bring this thread back up in hopes of receiving word if anything changes. (Subscribed)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]