Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
You do realize a bunch of members here have seen and touched the actual screen used props, correct? The original GB props actually look pretty damn convincing compared to props used in movies nowadays that are actually filmed in 4K... I am just as convinced as DVC is that you have no idea what you're talking about...
Rinji79 wrote:My only argument is that people will have to uproot their entire collections again and switch to 4K, and my family is not even close to replacing all of our DVD's with Blu-Ray Discs (I once saw a picture of Ray Stantz colored blue in the sign and it was actually one of the funniest things I've seen FYE do) so really, I know it looks awesome and amazing, but I can't see myself dishing out another 2 G's for a player and a TV, and then countless more dollars spent on movies and TV series seasons. I mean come on! Middle Class has its limits!
No-one needs to replace anything. It's an option for you or others than want a higher-quality release. 4K players will still play your old blu-rays.
roffels wrote:
Rinji79 wrote:My only argument is that people will have to uproot their entire collections again and switch to 4K, and my family is not even close to replacing all of our DVD's with Blu-Ray Discs (I once saw a picture of Ray Stantz colored blue in the sign and it was actually one of the funniest things I've seen FYE do) so really, I know it looks awesome and amazing, but I can't see myself dishing out another 2 G's for a player and a TV, and then countless more dollars spent on movies and TV series seasons. I mean come on! Middle Class has its limits!
No-one needs to replace anything. It's an option for you or others than want a higher-quality release. 4K players will still play your old blu-rays.
Well yeah, but what about when 4K becomes the main medium? It has happened many times before, and soon enough, DVD will be edged out, and then Blu-ray will be it, so things will come out on 4K and Blu-ray, but then Blu-ray will be edged out and 4K will be it, then whatever comes after that... let's call it the 1000Exo, that comes around then things will be coming out in 1000Exo and 4K, 4k will be edged out and boom, whole nother medium we need to buy. The cycle continues.
Rinji79 wrote:
roffels wrote:
Well yeah, but what about when 4K becomes the main medium? It has happened many times before, and soon enough, DVD will be edged out, and then Blu-ray will be it, so things will come out on 4K and Blu-ray, but then Blu-ray will be edged out and 4K will be it, then whatever comes after that... let's call it the 1000Exo, that comes around then things will be coming out in 1000Exo and 4K, 4k will be edged out and boom, whole nother medium we need to buy. The cycle continues.
Sure, but heck, DVD has been around since what, 1996 or 1997? I'd say 20 years is a pretty good run considering they're still selling pretty much everywhere. And you can still play them.
roffels wrote:
Rinji79 wrote:
Sure, but heck, DVD has been around since what, 1996 or 1997? I'd say 20 years is a pretty good run considering they're still selling pretty much everywhere. And you can still play them.
Also people still prefer DVDs to blu-rays so the consumer change over hasn't occurred yet.
Does anyone else find the 4K uhd disappointing?

I just got round to seeing this, and the problem isn't the grain (which I read was one of the complaints), but actually the HDR.

The HDR just looks too excessive and out of place. If it was done more subtly then I think it would work better. Stand out scenes where it shines are at the end.

I kinda wished they actually just gave us the 4K minus the HDR.

What are your thoughts?
I haven't seen the HDR, so I hope you don't mind me asking, but is it a lot different looking than the 2014 Mastered in 4K release? Because I love the look of the colors in the 2014 release (except for the River of Slime, which is a bit too dark and saturated for my tastes).
I haven't seen GB2 in 4K HDR, only GB1. But from what I've seen of HDR in GB1, the HDR definitely makes it look different from the 2014 release, in both good and bad ways. Some of it is too brightened in some scenes, and perfect in others. Things like the proton beams, and the optical effects really shine in HDR.
Sav C liked this
gb2 ultra HD would probably be the better buy. I was told it was shot on superior film then gb1.. Plus Gb1 has a few special effects that look dated when put under a microscope. I can't imagine it's so much better that it's worth buying a 4k TV and a ultra hd player and another copy, but it's ghost busters so I'll eventually buy it and of course, as soon as I do they'll release ghost busters 8k with the missing Fort Detmerring deleted scenes
gold333 wrote:At 4K I hope they fix the:

-White light shining through the packs in sedgewick.
-labels peeling off the traps
-open trap doors
-wand hose attachment area looking so ghetto
gold333 wrote:
Wasn't talking 'bout peeling labels. The equipment's black, meant to resemble metal. No one's gonna believe a portable cyclotron nuclear accelerator is made out of painted plastic.
???
Yep, gb2 would look better. But my main love is gb1. I will probably get gb2 in 4k at some stage in the near future. The 30th anniversary blu ray of gb2 looks very good as it is. I could have got them in a box set together in 4k but they were only selling it with gb 2016, which I didn't want to buy again.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]