Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Seth Rex
Let's be honest. ATC wasn't exactly a great start for a budding new company like Ghost Corps to start with, but on the other hand, hell it could have been a LOT worse. They apparently have an animated movie on the way, a new TV show, and I can probably assume other Live Action efforts.

So what do you want for the future of Ghostbusters?
deadderek liked this
By *NormalGamer*
Pretty much what I want for the future of the GB franchise is to keep the lore alive like what's done with the IDW comics; from new characters, new stories, new ghosts to encounter, new GB tech, etc.; All without being held back by politics.
deadderek liked this
By SpaceBallz
I'm not getting my hopes up until I hear an official announcement. ATC is an unhealed wound over at Sony right now that's still recovering, I don't think we'll be hearing about any GB projects for a long time. Unless they sell the license.
deadderek, HunterCC, pferreira1983 and 1 others liked this
By HunterCC
SpaceBallz wrote:I'm not getting my hopes up until I hear an official announcement. ATC is an unhealed wound over at Sony right now that's still recovering, I don't think we'll be hearing about any GB projects for a long time. Unless they sell the license.
I hope Sony shows the same persistence with Ghostbusters that they did with Spiderman. Re-boot again. And try to get it right this time or work with someone who knows what they're doing, like Disney or Marvel.
SpaceBallz, pferreira1983, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By Commander_Jim
I fear Sony might just cut their losses and move on to something else. I dont have a lot of faith in this animated movie or TV show ever seeing the light of day. I really cant see them investing millions into this GB universe they had planned after the movies performance. As we know from the leaks, they are short on revenue and desperate for a hit franchise of the type every other major studio has and I can see them just trying something else like a Men in Black reboot, since thats always been a hit franchise for them. With Paul Feig saying he hadnt heard from anyone from Sony and with him being attached to direct a rumoured two other future films its a sign that whatever momentum Sony was building for the franchise before the films release has hit a brick wall.

Ive been really enjoying the IDW comics, they're pretty much nailing it. So for me thats whats carrying the GB banner at this point. I've love a animated movie written by the same writers and using the same art design.
By *NormalGamer*
Commander_Jim wrote:I fear Sony might just cut their losses and move on to something else. I dont have a lot of faith in this animated movie or TV show ever seeing the light of day. I really cant see them investing millions into this GB universe they had planned after the movies performance. As we know from the leaks, they are short on revenue and desperate for a hit franchise of the type every other major studio has and I can see them just trying something else like a Men in Black reboot, since thats always been a hit franchise for them. With Paul Feig saying he hadnt heard from anyone from Sony and with him being attached to direct a rumoured two other future films its a sign that whatever momentum Sony was building for the franchise before the films release has hit a brick wall.

Ive been really enjoying the IDW comics, they're pretty much nailing it. So for me thats whats carrying the GB banner at this point. I've love a animated movie written by the same writers and using the same art design.
@ *referring to bold*

Same. Or perhaps a Web Television style series based on the comics; I wouldn't mind either way.
By philmorgan81
SpaceBallz wrote:I'm not getting my hopes up until I hear an official announcement. ATC is an unhealed wound over at Sony right now that's still recovering, I don't think we'll be hearing about any GB projects for a long time. Unless they sell the license.

I am hoping that they go forward with some kind of Ghostbusters project. I really don't care if we see a sequel to ATC. I personally hope that continuity is completely forgotten. ;)
Seth Rex wrote:Let's be honest. ATC wasn't exactly a great start for a budding new company like Ghost Corps to start with, but on the other hand, hell it could have been a LOT worse. They apparently have an animated movie on the way, a new TV show, and I can probably assume other Live Action efforts.

So what do you want for the future of Ghostbusters?
I am hoping with the animated film, that they won't be going with a story told through a ghosts point of view. That feels too much like when they made Slimer the focus of The Real Ghostbusters. If that is what they do I hope it plays out differently. :)

I am looking forward to Ecto Force and the Animated Feature film. Definately looking forward to more from the guys from IDW. I especially look forward to another live action film. Hopefully the next live action film will be something that will feel as awesome as Force Awakens was for many Star Wars Fans. :):):)
SpaceBallz liked this
By ccv66
Id be happy with a animated movie. Would Like the original ghostbuster characters to star in it. not sure im too excited about a futuristic Ghostbusters like they were talking about. We'LL get another movie just not as quick if ATC was a hit. If they can re do the hulk/Spiderman and tokyo drift didnt kill the fast furious franchises, we can get another ghostbusters
By JurorNo.2
Commander_Jim wrote:I fear Sony might just cut their losses and move on to something else.
In any case, Sony, or Hollywood in general, was never going to declare, "No more remakes forever! Thank you Ghostbusters fans everywhere for showing us the light! You are the saviors of originality!"

But I don't think Sony will move on entirely. The Muppets got their own TV show recently, despite Muppets Most Wanted bombing terribly (which, btw, was ever bit as bad as haters erroneously claim GB16 is). The TV show also bombed, and yet the Muppets will be making an appearance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade this year, instead of hiding their heads in shame. Like I've said all along, there is life after box office. ;)
By DarkSpectre
With the exception that Disney owns the Muppets and has the financial resources to keep them going. They just opened a Muppets themed restaruant at Hollywood Studios plus a new show at the Magic Kingdom plus the Muppet Babies are coming back. Trying to compare Sony and Disney is a moot point especially since Disney made 5.8 billion in profit this year already and Sony has only made, what? 32 million? Disney should buy Ghostbusters and get Spidey back fully and move on from there.
RichardLess, deadderek liked this
By Just Russ
I just hope something g happens that makes the kids like it. Ghostbusters was always special to me and I saw that same feeling from my daughter when we watched ATC, so it didn't matter to me if I liked it - someone new found something she likes and I guided her to it. It felt good.

I guess what I really want is for them to make stuff the young generations will cherish and not be hung up on older fans and their picky desires.
JurorNo.2, *NormalGamer*, MonaLS and 1 others liked this
By JurorNo.2
Just Russ wrote:Ghostbusters was always special to me and I saw that same feeling from my daughter when we watched ATC, so it didn't matter to me if I liked it
Quoted for truth. :)
*NormalGamer* liked this
By goldenhawk
DarkSpectre wrote:With the exception that Disney owns the Muppets and has the financial resources to keep them going. They just opened a Muppets themed restaruant at Hollywood Studios plus a new show at the Magic Kingdom plus the Muppet Babies are coming back. Trying to compare Sony and Disney is a moot point especially since Disney made 5.8 billion in profit this year already and Sony has only made, what? 32 million? Disney should buy Ghostbusters and get Spidey back fully and move on from there.
Agreed. Disney should just buy GB and Spiderman from Sony. It is obvious Sony doesn't know what to do with these franchises.

The 32 million Sony made probably cam from Sausage party. If Sony didn't lose 70 million on F-Busters, then they would have made 102 million. Still, minuscule compared to the Disney juggernaut.
deadderek liked this
By goldenhawk
Just Russ wrote: I guess what I really want is for them to make stuff the young generations will cherish and not be hung up on older fans and their picky desires.
Sony, Feig and Pascal are a bunch of idiots. The template for success for Ghostbusters was laid out for them in Jurassic World and Star Wars The Force Awakens. Both are billion dollar box office movies. Sony, Feig and Pascal just blew it.
deadderek, 555-2368 liked this
By JurorNo.2
goldenhawk wrote:
Agreed. Disney should just buy GB and Spiderman from Sony. It is obvious Sony doesn't know what to do with these franchises.
Disney has no idea what to do with the Muppets (another comedic property), so I'm not sold on them handling GB. Yes there's Force Awakens, but Star Wars is the franchise too big to fail. I won't give Disney too much credit for that. You could have Jar Jar Redux and it would still make billions of dollars. Plus Force Awakens is nothing like a Star Wars movie. It's just yet another Marvel clone.

Jurassic World is a bland, uninspired rehash, loved by an audience who either never saw Jurassic Park, or clearly had no idea why they liked it in the first place.

If audiences didn't want GB16 (or, more accurately, didn't even see it), fine. But I can't say I'm impressed at what they did want.
MonaLS liked this
By goldenhawk
JurorNo.2 wrote:
goldenhawk wrote:
Disney has no idea what to do with the Muppets (another comedic property), so I'm not sold on them handling GB. Yes there's Force Awakens, but Star Wars is the franchise too big to fail. I won't give Disney too much credit for that. You could have Jar Jar Redux and it would still make billions of dollars. Plus Force Awakens is nothing like a Star Wars movie. It's just yet another Marvel clone.

Jurassic World is a bland, uninspired rehash, loved by an audience who either never saw Jurassic Park, or clearly had no idea why they liked it in the first place.

If audiences didn't want GB16 (or, more accurately, didn't even see it), fine. But I can't say I'm impressed at what they did want.
The box office takes for both movies speak for themselves. $2 billion worldwide for the Force Awakens and $1.6 billion worldwide for Jurassic World. Obviously these two movies delivered what the audiences wanted to see.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custo ... ers-(2016)
deadderek liked this
By JurorNo.2
goldenhawk wrote:
The box office takes for both movies speak for themselves. $2 billion worldwide for the Force Awakens and $1.6 billion worldwide for Jurassic World. Obviously these two movies delivered what the audiences wanted to see.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custo ... ers-(2016)
Like I said, Star Wars is too big to fail. Doesn't matter who makes it, or what the content.

And like I also said (and won't repeat again), if that's what people want, they are welcome to it. Don't expect me to defend it though.
By Commander_Jim
Just Russ wrote:I guess what I really want is for them to make stuff the young generations will cherish and not be hung up on older fans and their picky desires.
In that case they should make original movies rather than inferior remakes of movies that already have millions of fans.
By ccv66
I think when you make a movie kids and adults can both enjoy, it holds up better overtime vs just aiming toward kids. Id love if disney took over. Im sure we would get a firehouse and probably a light gun ride at disneyland and a ton of media. juror 2 brought up muppets, there's more muppet movies then star wars movies. Had a few movies just over the past couple of years and a tv series last year with a new upcomimg series. Id put more blame on a lack of fan interest than Disney failing. I like the Muppets, but if Disney can't save them no one can
By Skyknight
JurorNo.2 wrote:Yes there's Force Awakens, but Star Wars is the franchise too big to fail. I won't give Disney too much credit for that. You could have Jar Jar Redux and it would still make billions of dollars. Plus Force Awakens is nothing like a Star Wars movie. It's just yet another Marvel clone.
Just because you repeat that over and over doesn't make it more true! Force Awakens felt more like a Star Wars movie than all of the prequels combined. And it was nothing like a Marvel movie, I don't like those. I think those superhero characters should stay in comics and animation, because their live adaptations never succeed to capture what I liked about the source material.
And "too big to fail"? Nothing is "too big to fail"! I'm a big Star Wars fan, but I'm not gonna watch Rogue One. The only spin offs I would've watched are "Han Solo Origins", because he's one of the most interesting characters in the Star Wars universe and "Boba Fett Origins"(only before they ruined the character by making him a clone)!
JurorNo.2 wrote:Jurassic World is a bland, uninspired rehash, loved by an audience who either never saw Jurassic Park, or clearly had no idea why they liked it in the first place.
No, not really! Jurassic Park had the incident happen, before the park officially opened and therefore was shut down before it could even start. Jurassic World is a continuation of the story set many years after the events of the original. A new investor rebuilt the park and made it safer than the original. It's open for public and already a big success. In JP the storm took down the electric fences, in JW an intelligent genetically engineered monster managed to escape while all the safety devices are still working and goes on a killing spree while the park staff tries to evacuate thousands of visitors. Completely different story! Was it better than the first one? No, but it was still good! And many times better than the new Ghostbusters, which was just okay, because of all the wasted potential!
By Commander_Jim
Yeah, how TFA "is nothing like a Star Wars movie" but Ghostbusters ATC could be a great Ghostbusters movie boggles my mind... If anything my criticism of TFA would be that it put so much effort into making Star Wars movies feel like Star Wars movies again that it didnt do enough to take the franchise somewhere new. Its like the Ghostbusters 2 of Star Wars sequels (and I love both).
seekandannoy liked this
By pferreira1983
HunterCC wrote:You guys talking about the same kind of animation for Ghostbusters as Storks, or Kubo, or Frozen?

Seems weird to me, but guess it could work.
Cel animation please. :wink:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Like I said, Star Wars is too big to fail. Doesn't matter who makes it, or what the content.
If Disney keep pumping out movies every year eventually they will fail, there will be saturation.
JurorNo.2, HunterCC liked this
By Lee FW
It's anyones guess how much this is still relevant but in the run up to ATC release Dan said in his Empire interview elements of Hellbent were on the table again. Gotta wonder what format that would take and wether it could be the the basis for the animation? Also considering his dream cast involved Alec Baldwin as a Trump like businessman who is literally the devil, wonder how that would go down in todays climate or wether they'd attempt it at all?
JurorNo.2 liked this
By DarkSpectre
I would love to see Baldwin as Luc Sifer. That would be awesome. Honestly Hellbent could work as a live action flick. Have it so Egon passed away trying to open this portal Luc Sifer figures out a way to reopen it and have ray and Winston train a new group to go in and stop Sifer from merging the dimensions
Sav C, Lee FW, deadderek liked this
By pferreira1983
DarkSpectre wrote:I would love to see Baldwin as Luc Sifer. That would be awesome. Honestly Hellbent could work as a live action flick. Have it so Egon passed away trying to open this portal Luc Sifer figures out a way to reopen it and have ray and Winston train a new group to go in and stop Sifer from merging the dimensions
I'd rather Egon be on holiday or in another dimension than killed off. :wink:
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Despite the reboot underperforming, I have a feeling that Ghostbusters will continue on at Sony. Amy Pascal was replaced as the head of the studio in late summer (if I remember right) and Tom Rothman who took over from her said something about keeping Ghostbusters around given that is still popular with the public. Also loads of other film and television properties had periods where they did not perform well ( Star Trek: Nemesis was a total bomb at the 2002 holiday box office and Enterprise was canceled after four seasons) and later came back again strong.
80sguy liked this
By SpaceBallz
I'd like to see a NetFlix series with a new franchise in a different city. I wouldn't mind mentioning the originals and the reboot cast characters in subtle dialogue. I just want to see something that everybody can enjoy, not just members of a particular gender or movement.
Commander_Jim liked this
By SSJmole
SpaceBallz wrote:I'd like to see a NetFlix series with a new franchise in a different city. I wouldn't mind mentioning the originals and the reboot cast characters in subtle dialogue. I just want to see something that everybody can enjoy, not just members of a particular gender or movement.
I'd love a a Netflix show BUT I want based on new films characters. As a "real ghostbusters" style cartoon but modern (I'm thinking 3d in style of Star wars clone wars or rebels) it'd be a blast.

You actually have different weapons. Cool designs for the tech already that it'd be less design changes. That'd. Be great. You could get different writers for different enemies like say for example:

Sam Rami doing an episode about a ghost that can make people zombies bringing the horror of his evil dead films to the family friendly Spider-Man in terms of tone. It'd be awesome
By Sav C
I'd really like a sequel to ATC. It would be nice if the original canon was also expanded upon more, with a live action film, although that may be too much to ask for.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]