Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By goldenhawk
Kingpin wrote:
goldenhawk wrote:Maybe they will begin cutting their losses and shutdown Ghost Corp
That's an outcome none of us will want.
Perhaps another 30 year nap is called for. Sony has demonstrated that they have no idea how to handle the GB property. It is best that it be left alone until someone figures out what to do with it properly.
deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote:
goldenhawk wrote:Maybe they will begin cutting their losses and shutdown Ghost Corp
Sav C wrote:Indeed not. It would suck if we have to wait twenty seven more years for a new Ghostbusters movie.

Yeah, I want to see that Ghost Corps Logo on many more projects. ;). The franchise has great potential. :). I think there is strong possibility of really capturing the spirit of the franchise in a future film. It will be extremely difficult to capture that kind of lightning in a bottle that the original film did, but I don't think it's completely impossible. ATC was enjoyed by some, but not by all and that can be said about
Hundreds of films. I think ATC was as good as Paul Feig could possibly make it with his style of humor. I think the movie could have been a lot better if Paul Feig and Katie Dipploid just had a better understanding Of what made that first film great. If Ghost Corps pushes forward with their projects that means there are a lot of Directors that are going to get a crack at making a great Ghostbusters film. I am sure at least one of these projects might just hit the right notes and surprise many. That is my hope and I look forward to seeing happen. :):):)
*NormalGamer*, JurorNo.2, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By *NormalGamer*
Kingpin wrote:
Sav C wrote:Indeed not. It would suck if we have to wait twenty seven more years for a new Ghostbusters movie.
After how Sony handled the marketing with the reboot, the GB franchise really deserves better without them; regarding GC, I rather the company be spun-off into it's own independent company than to be closed down.
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
goldenhawk wrote:Perhaps another 30 year nap is called for.
I'd rather not have to wait until I'm pushing 60, and more to the point, it isn't necessary. Franchises have ups and downs all the time, we were just lucky the downs were (in the grand scheme of things) mostly minor up until the reboot. We'll weather this storm, much as I imagine Sony inevitably will.

And seeing as we've got a new cartoon in the pipeline, that might just be the "up" we're needing to give us a positive shot in the arm.
JurorNo.2, Sav C, *NormalGamer* and 4 others liked this
By goldenhawk
Kingpin wrote:
goldenhawk wrote:Perhaps another 30 year nap is called for.
I'd rather not have to wait until I'm pushing 60, and more to the point, it isn't necessary. Franchises have ups and downs all the time, we were just lucky the downs were (in the grand scheme of things) mostly minor up until the reboot. We'll weather this storm, much as I imagine Sony inevitably will.

And seeing as we've got a new cartoon in the pipeline, that might just be the "up" we're needing to give us a positive shot in the arm.
Sony Pictures is toast. They are relying on The Emoji Movie being their F-busters of 2017. Just shows you what kind of inept leadership at Sony Pictures. They will make some money from their distribution share of Spider-Man Homecoming, but it won't save this sinking ship.

As for Ectoforce, it has Netflix written all over it. So the viewership will be limited. Ectoforce also spins of F-busters. So there will be a bunch of GB Fans skipping that too. Just like how a bunch of GB Fans are skipping or cancelling their IDW GB Comics. Like they all say, "That reboot cancer just won't die."
By Styrofoam_Guy
A bit unfair to blame GB:ATC for the majority of Sony's problems as reports show GB:ATC lost $70 million which amounts to only 6% of the $1.3 Billion.

Maybe they included it as they knew there was a lot of controversy around the movie instead of one of their other movies that they had hoped would be a big hit such as Inferno or The 5th Wave.

goldenhawk wrote:Wow. It's worst at Sony. Losses of $1.3 billion?!

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world-bu ... u1tc7.html

Notice how the F-busters dumpster fire is shown prominently in the article. You all gotta love that.
By mrmichaelt
goldenhawk wrote:Sony Pictures is toast. They are relying on The Emoji Movie being their F-busters of 2017. Just shows you what kind of inept leadership at Sony Pictures. They will make some money from their distribution share of Spider-Man Homecoming, but it won't save this sinking ship.
Animation seems to be doing well with Smurfs and Hotel Transylvania. Sony Pictures also has the James Bond franchise I think. Probably another Da Vinci series movie. Dark Tower, Jumanji, and Goosebumps 2 should do pretty well.
Ectoforce also spins of F-busters.
How? I ask because what's been revealed so far reminded me of the original Ghost Smashers script by Aykroyd more than ATC.
Just like how a bunch of GB Fans are skipping or cancelling their IDW GB Comics. Like they all say, "That reboot cancer just won't die."
I've seen a little of that but I've also seen fans introduced to Ghostbusters through ATC adding the IDW comics to their standing orders and looking into the past comics that have been released.
Alphagaia, devilmanozzy liked this
By Kingpin
goldenhawk wrote:Sony Pictures is toast. They are relying on The Emoji Movie being their F-busters of 2017.
Ectoforce also spins of F-busters. So there will be a bunch of GB Fans skipping that too. Just like how a bunch of GB Fans are skipping or cancelling their IDW GB Comics. Like they all say, "That reboot cancer just won't die."
Excellent job masking your hatred for the reboot.

It was my understanding that Ecto Force was neither directly linked to the classic movie universe, nor the reboot universe, meaning that it could be considered a continuation of either, and that it was going to be set a chunk of time into a future period.

Either way, a period of dormancy isn't necessary, the main reason you're proposing it is your hope that by the time things become active again, the reboot and anything to do with it would've become "ancient history".
By Alphagaia
My guess is EctoForce oversees a wide spectrum of dimensions where the OGB and ATC crew is part of.
An interconnecting web where they aid GB from all dimensions.
The older crews even might show up in some way if time and space is not an issue.
By philmorgan81
Alphagaia wrote:My guess is EctoForce oversees a wide spectrum of dimensions where the OGB and ATC crew is part of.
The older crews even might show up in some way if time and space is not an issue.
Peter33vr wrote:If I recall correctly, in one of the first Ecto Force announcement they said it is set in 2050. Far enough to work on a linked continuity between OGB and ATC....there are 34 years of unwritten history :)

Wow! Those are some interesting ideas. It being set in 2050 really gives them some wiggle room for creativity. For one thing even though we will be seeing new characters it wont exactly mean that we will be seeing a bunch of rookies trying to figure out how the equipment works. The show could start off with this crop already as seasoned Ghost Hunters. It's pretty exciting to think about. From what I read from some of the articles is that the team that we focus on in the show travels to other parts of the world where other GB Franchises are based and helps other branches. So in addition to seeing the core group we will see other GB teams as well.

This is about as big as it can get. I mean it does kind of mirror reality in a way. Ghostbusters may have started as just a fun film, but it did grow into this wonderful phenomenon. Fans have really kept the spark alive through the periods of inactivity by starting there own Branches all over the world and doing work for various charities. Now many of those franchises are officially recognized by Ghost Corps. It's absolutely amazing and I think Ecto Force may be a good representation of how far Ghostbusters has come.

One thing I was wondering, weather Ecto Force is Canon with the 1984 or 2016 film may not even matter especially if the IDW comic continues to sell well. Ecto Force is just another playground for the writers at IDW to explore. Since GB 101 is the first real big collaboration with IDW and Ghost Corps. Like I believe The IDW team said it best when talking about the future of the franchise. "Lots and Lots of Ghostbusters." :)

I need to take a step back guys, my head might explode if all this awesomeness actually comes together. :):):)
By *NormalGamer*
philmorgan81 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:My guess is EctoForce oversees a wide spectrum of dimensions where the OGB and ATC crew is part of.
Peter33vr wrote:If I recall correctly, in one of the first Ecto Force announcement they said it is set in 2050. Far enough to work on a linked continuity between OGB and ATC....there are 34 years of unwritten history :)

Wow! Those are some interesting ideas. It being set in 2050 really gives them some wiggle room for creativity. For one thing even though we will be seeing new characters it wont exactly mean that we will be seeing a bunch of rookies trying to figure out how the equipment works. The show could start off with this crop already as seasoned Ghost Hunters. It's pretty exciting to think about. From what I read from some of the articles is that the team that we focus on in the show travels to other parts of the world where other GB Franchises are based and helps other branches. So in addition to seeing the core group we will see other GB teams as well.

This is about as big as it can get. I mean it does kind of mirror reality in a way. Ghostbusters may have started as just a fun film, but it did grow into this wonderful phenomenon. Fans have really kept the spark alive through the periods of inactivity by starting there own Branches all over the world and doing work for various charities. Now many of those franchises are officially recognized by Ghost Corps. It's absolutely amazing and I think Ecto Force may be a good representation of how far Ghostbusters has come.

One thing I was wondering, weather Ecto Force is Canon with the 1984 or 2016 film may not even matter especially if the IDW comic continues to sell well. Ecto Force is just another playground for the writers at IDW to explore. Since GB 101 is the first real big collaboration with IDW and Ghost Corps. Like I believe The IDW team said it best when talking about the future of the franchise. "Lots and Lots of Ghostbusters." :)

I need to take a step back guys, my head might explode if all this awesomeness actually comes together. :):):)
According to this article, IDW has gained a lot of profits last year from the TMNT franchise; both the comics and the boardgames in addition to Dirk Gently and Wynonna Earp doing well on television:

http://www.teenagemutantninjaturtles.co ... enue-2016/

Wonder if 'this' could be a sign about where the GB franchise 'should' be heading should IDW keeps up the profits?

Guess we'll see what happens when GB101 #1 releases in March.
By philmorgan81
*NormalGamer* wrote:
philmorgan81 wrote:

According to this article, IDW has gained a lot of profits last year from the TMNT franchise; both the comics and the boardgames in addition to Dirk Gently and Wynonna Earp doing well on television:

http://www.teenagemutantninjaturtles.co ... enue-2016/

Wonder if 'this' could be a sign about where the GB franchise 'should' be heading should IDW keeps up the profits?

Guess we'll see what happens when GB101 #1 releases in March.
Wow great read. I am so glad that is was a good year over all for IDW. I hope 2017 is even more profitable. I hope it spells great things for the future of all their titles. :):):)
By Kingpin
EddieSpenser wrote:Still no news of Ecto Force. I feel it will somehow be canceled.
Ecto Force was only announced seven months ago, meanwhile it was about three years between the premier of the 2012 CGI Turtles cartoon, and when it was first announced, back in 2009. It's not uncommon for news to be scarce in the early days.

If we get to summer of 2017 without having head anything more, then maybe we can start getting concerned.
mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
By goldenhawk
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:"Despite (maybe because of) the internet haters, reviewers were surprisingly positive"
goldenhawk wrote:"The All-Female Reboot likened to head trauma".........LOL

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/ ... 86a4bbb20a
".....dubious honour of having the most-disliked trailer of all time on YouTube." We all celebrated when it broke one million dislikes.
By goldenhawk
EddieSpenser wrote:Still no news of Ecto Force. I feel it will somehow be canceled.
Of course there is nothing. Monetary woes means cost cutting and letting staff go at Ghost Corps. Sony execs will not let Ghost Corps go unscathed from losing $70 million.
By Styrofoam_Guy
goldenhawk wrote:
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:"Despite (maybe because of) the internet haters, reviewers were surprisingly positive"
".....dubious honour of having the most-disliked trailer of all time on YouTube." We all celebrated when it broke one million dislikes.
http://www.inquisitr.com/3211487/why-th ... stbusters/

"Fantastic Four reboot’s trailer only had over 20,000 dislikes,"
"The Ridiculous Six, which was rated at 0 percent by critics on Rotten Tomatoes, had over 5,000 dislikes"

Re: GB:ATC Trailer
"It was also recently proven that the dislikes from the trailer were not all from humans, but from bots in a coordinated attack"
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia, Sav C and 2 others liked this
By Peter33vr
Just saw the Annual.....what a tease!!!! "You never know who might answer the call".
So, now the girls are officially a parallel dimension in the great Ghostbusters Universe!

But....doesn't that goes against Feig ideas about ATC not being devised to be a parallel dimension, and for it to be a whole new franchise absolutely not linked to the originals? (He declared so in response to a question about Zuul being from the original universe)
Has Ghost Corps (who asked IDW to tackle and link Gb16) pulled a "thanks Paul, you tried"?
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By Alphagaia
All I know is Feig intended the Zuul thing as a tease, not much more, and he reset the world so he could make the story he wanted to make, with people not believing in ghosts and the tech still needed to proof and invent itself.
I don't think he is opposed to ATC fitting in via a multiverse, as long as he did not have to establish it in ATC. Seeing how much is cut out of the movie as is, the extra storyline would be hard to fit in such a lengthy movie.
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]