Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Sav C
Alphagaia wrote:I don't think he is opposed to ATC fitting in via a multiverse, as long as he did not have to establish it in ATC. Seeing how much is cut out of the movie as is, the extra storyline would be hard to fit in such a lengthy movie.
Plus that way both the original Ghostbusters and the new Ghostbusters get to invent the tech, so it doesn't feel like one team is just handed the stuff. One thing I liked about Chris's combination of ATC and the original timeline in his fan fiction is that he gave a compliment to both Ray and Egon's pack as well as Holtzmann's pack.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By philmorgan81
timeware wrote:
Mostly speculation rather than fact until we hear something official.
Speaking of speculation I would assume if they are dimension hopping in 2050 they could end up doing an episode involving filmation Ghostbusters. :cool:
I know right? That could be difficult due to liscensing rights, but I would like to see that kind of team up at least once. :).

Many of Filmation's IPs are owned by different company's so it could be possible if whoever is the holder of Filmation's Ghostbusters allows Sony to use it for the purpose of a crossover provided it still isn't owned by the original creator since Sony screwed them over with some red tape technicality back in 84. :):):)

Who knows right? It is fun to speculate. :):):)
By JurorNo.2
I mentioned this awhile back but I showed my parents ATC and at one point Mom and I had this conversation:

Mom: I don't understand, why do they need to invent the equipment when the boy Ghostbusters already did?
Me: Well it takes place in a different universe.
Mom: But then why do they have the same logo?
Dad: Come on, it's an in-joke! :-D
By EJLambert
philmorgan81 wrote:
timeware wrote:
Speaking of speculation I would assume if they are dimension hopping in 2050 they could end up doing an episode involving filmation Ghostbusters. :cool:
I know right? That could be difficult due to liscensing rights, but I would like to see that kind of team up at least once. :).

Many of Filmation's IPs are owned by different company's so it could be possible if whoever is the holder of Filmation's Ghostbusters allows Sony to use it for the purpose of a crossover provided it still isn't owned by the original creator since Sony screwed them over with some red tape technicality back in 84. :):):)

Yeah, but what are they doing with Filmation's Ghostbusters anyway? Maybe just throw in an easter egg reference? It would be cool.
philmorgan81 liked this
By HunterCC
philmorgan81 wrote:
timeware wrote:

Have a dimensional rift with at least the following continuities interacting with each other : GB84/89, RGB/EGB, IDW, Filmation, GB16, etc.
philmorgan81 liked this
By Kingpin
I'm gonna ask this as I'm genuinely curious: what is the appeal of crossing over our Ghostbusters with Filmation's? The reference in Get Real was fun, but that seemed all that was necessary with regards to acknowledging the Ghost Busters.
By Peter33vr
Did you really named your son after the Spirit Guide???? You're great!!!!
CongLatuRations!

I proposed Janine, Dana and Alice to my wife for our daughter`s name.....she choose Alice because she said "that's the only Ghostbusters unrelated one".

After 8 months I still have to say to my wife that Alice is the old librarian who opens the movie.
Alphagaia, zeta otaku, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote:I'm gonna ask this as I'm genuinely curious: what is the appeal of crossing over our Ghostbusters with Filmation's? The reference in Get Real was fun, but that seemed all that was necessary with regards to acknowledging the Ghostbusters.

Oh it just satisfies the way my 6 year old mind tried to rationalize why there were 2 different shows bearing the same name in 86. :)

It is great to know the reason why now, but when I was a kid I was of course introduced to the world of Ghostbusters with the 1984 film. Then The Real Ghostbusters came out in September of 86 and Filmation aired a few days later. I just thought the 2 shows were related some how. I remember watching the Filmation Show and I found it funny that they would face the same Ghosts in most of the episodes. This continued to make me favor The Real Ghostbusters because they seemed so much better at Busting Ghosts. I would be watching an Episode where the Filmation crew are facing their Arch Villian Prime Evil and The Dematirilazer would never work on him because he was just too powerful. I remember watching this and wondering if The Real Ghostbusters would be able to beat him.

LOL! The little Filmation easter eggs in the comic were more than satisfying they were great for a quick, "Hey Remember when this was a thing." and if a full crossover never happens I would be totally fine with that. :)

There was always a part of me that wanted to see The Filmation Crew backed into a corner with Prime Evil and his horde of Ghosts and then out of nowhere The Real Ghostbusters show up and trap all the Ghosts just as easily as they do in the Opening of their show. :):):)

I hope that answers your question about my odd facination of wanting to see a Crossover between the two teams. :):):)
Kingpin liked this
By pferreira1983
Skyknight wrote:Like I said before, I didn't really get to play Dark Forces. It's been on the index here in Germany since forever and was nowhere to be found
That's actually quite sad to hear.
JurorNo.2 wrote:If anything YouTube launched the crusade against the movie.
You have to admit had the reaction to the movie been the complete opposite you wouldn't have seen a problem. It's people's opinions.
JurorNo.2 wrote:That's nice. That's not film analysis.
But it is fact they currently make Disney the most money.
goldenhawk wrote:Wow. It's worst at Sony. Losses of $1.3 billion?!
goldenhawk wrote:As for Ectoforce, it has Netflix written all over it. So the viewership will be limited. Ectoforce also spins of F-busters. So there will be a bunch of GB Fans skipping that too. Just like how a bunch of GB Fans are skipping or cancelling their IDW GB Comics. Like they all say, "That reboot cancer just won't die."
Sony can't be in any bigger hole than it was with this guy in charge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Puttnam
goldenhawk wrote:"The All-Female Reboot likened to head trauma".........LOL
Come on, it wasn't that bad. :)
Alphagaia wrote:If we gonna try to outquote each other with positive and negative remarks we might be here for a while.
Don't worry man, I bet you have Google at the ready. 8)
Kingpin wrote:It was my understanding that Ecto Force was neither directly linked to the classic movie universe, nor the reboot universe, meaning that it could be considered a continuation of either, and that it was going to be set a chunk of time into a future period.
To quote Star Wars "I have a bad feeling about this".

By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote: It's people's opinions.
Problem with that is I still encounter people on YouTube and elsewhere who admit to never seeing the movie. They simply "know" they hate it. Their opinions are nonexistent. And then you have the "i went in with an open mind" types who couldn't come across more close minded if they tried. ;)
By Alphagaia
Peter33vr wrote:Did you really named your son after the Spirit Guide???? You're great!!!!
CongLatuRations!
Yeah, she was fine with it after we found out it's also an Irish name, and not only an American surname!

Better wait a bit with showing him the Guide I ordered a few months ago. Very fun read btw!

Btw, we even discussed Vigo, but since it means War, we skipped over it soon enough, even though we liked that one as well.
Sav C, Peter33vr liked this
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote:The future of Ghostbusters has a new member, guys. His name is Tobin, and he is born a few days ago. We are very proud parents, and I cannot wait to show him the wonderful worlds of Ghostbusters!
Congrats and great choice!!! ;)
Alphagaia liked this
By Sav C
Congratulations Alphagaia, that's great news! Nice choice with the name, my best interviewee (who I interviewed for one of my first short documentaries) was named Tobin.
Last edited by Sav C on February 5th, 2017, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia liked this
By *NormalGamer*
Alphagaia wrote:The future of Ghostbusters has a new member, guys. His name is Tobin, and he is born a few days ago. We are very proud parents, and I cannot wait to show him the wonderful worlds of Ghostbusters!
Congraulations. ^_^
Alphagaia liked this
By Alphagaia
*NormalGamer* wrote:
Congraulations. ^_^
Thx! I just received this from a friend:

There is loads more too, staypuft baby costume, anyone?
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:Problem with that is I still encounter people on YouTube and elsewhere who admit to never seeing the movie. They simply "know" they hate it. Their opinions are nonexistent. And then you have the "i went in with an open mind" types who couldn't come across more close minded if they tried. ;)
If that's true then that's a problem however the trailer pretty much summed up what the final movie was like. I saw the Extended Cut of ATC a few days ago and it was overall just as bad as the regular cut, in some ways worse.
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote: however the trailer pretty much summed up what the final movie was like.
Could not disagree more. :)
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:Could not disagree more. :)
I'd be interested to know how so because it matched the trailer pretty much, the humour, almost the visual effects were the same, more or the less it was the same.
By Seth Rex
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Problem with that is I still encounter people on YouTube and elsewhere who admit to never seeing the movie. They simply "know" they hate it. Their opinions are nonexistent. And then you have the "i went in with an open mind" types who couldn't come across more close minded if they tried. ;)
If that's true then that's a problem however the trailer pretty much summed up what the final movie was like. I saw the Extended Cut of ATC a few days ago and it was overall just as bad as the regular cut, in some ways worse.
While in a way, you're right, to me the trailer summed up a fun adventurous film. Still, to each their own, we get our own opinions of what these films represent and the trailers themselves represent. I'm sorry the Extended Cut didn't make it better for you.
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia liked this
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Could not disagree more. :)
I'd be interested to know how so because it matched the trailer pretty much, the humour, almost the visual effects were the same, more or the less it was the same.
A lot of the lines in the trailer I found to be much funnier when in the context of watching the movie from start to finish, as is the case with many trailers.

The visual effects were amazing. Period.
Alphagaia liked this
By JurorNo.2
Kingpin wrote:her two worst scenes shown in prominence
But it's worth mentioning, every audience I saw the trailer with laughed at them, in a good way.
Last edited by Kingpin on February 13th, 2017, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
By DarkSpectre
That leads me to believe that Sony failed to realize the audience they were wanting by showing off the worst of Leslie Jones whom I felt along with Kate McKinnon were done a tremendous disservice. Their character became the favorites and frankly even though I'm not a fan of the film enjoyed both actresses' performances (minus the stereotype scream crap)
deadderek liked this
By JurorNo.2
I don't think the trailer was some horrible disservice. People did overreact to that...a lot.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Like Winston said in the video game "I am a glass half full, kind of guy." I have a strong feeling that Ecto Force will be the hit that Sony needs to keep Ghostbusters around as brand. Plus we still have the IDW comic books and loads of merchandise for the original movies that will keep the brand going.

@mrmichael Yes, Sony was distributing the James Bond movies however their agreement just ended and it is believed that the Bond producers might work out a new deal with another studio for the next film. Personally I hope that Bond sticks around with them since it has one of the few good things that Sony has going for them since 2006.
By DarkSpectre
JurorNo.2 wrote:I don't think the trailer was some horrible disservice. People did overreact to that...a lot.
I was referring to the movie as a whole, not just the trailer. But I'll be the first to admit, it's not my kind of humor in the first place.
pferreira1983 liked this
By JurorNo.2
DarkSpectre wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:I don't think the trailer was some horrible disservice. People did overreact to that...a lot.
I was referring to the movie as a whole, not just the trailer. But I'll be the first to admit, it's not my kind of humor in the first place.
Well as far as McKinnon this movie hasn't hurt her at all, her fanbase is huge right now. She's got the grown ups watching SNL and the teens and young adults watching ATC. Jones is also very popular on SNL and a lot of people say she was their favorite part of ATC. I'll meet you halfway, I don't think the trailer showed her "worst" moments, but it did show the most unsubtle ones, which didn't give entirely the right impression. But again, people in my theaters liked her moments in the trailer and movie.
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]