Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Seth Rex
Here's a fun topic to think about. It hit me when I was watching Ghostbusters one day, and man, that Ecto-1 Must be a gas guzzler. Think about how much they take the car out on their jobs, and how much they must pay to fill it up. And that's not counting the many times they have to fill it up a week or so. What are your thoughts on this.
Sav C liked this
By roguespectre
I had not even thought about that, but looking at it, I guess Ecto-1 would be somewhat of a gas guzzler. Actually, thinking about this, considering it was probably an older car, would it have run on leaded or unleaded? I'm guessing that Ray would also have to have spent a fair amount on repair and maintenance as well as possibly needing to buy additive unless he modified the engine to run on unleaded.

all in all probably not the most economically friendly car unfortunately...
Sav C liked this
By Seth Rex
~Nods~ Okay. Good thoughts there. You know, Rogue, you brought up a good topic too that can be related to this. The car only cost 4,800 to buy, but imagine all the work he had to put into it, and I'm not just talking all the repairs, but look at all the stuff they put on the roof of the car. He had to have paid a pretty penny to get the Ecto-1 up to full readiness.
By roguespectre
As far as the stuff on the roof goes, I'm wondering if Peter helped get some of the equipment at a lower price, though it was probably still quite expensive. It probably took a lot of money to get the car ready for use, but I'm also thinking about maintenance, changing/replacing parts as they wear out, oil, break fluid... I'm guessing, going by the amount of steam it had coming out at the beginning of GB2, that Ray may have needed to do some serious work on the engine...
By Seth Rex
roguespectre wrote:As far as the stuff on the roof goes, I'm wondering if Peter helped get some of the equipment at a lower price, though it was probably still quite expensive. It probably took a lot of money to get the car ready for use, but I'm also thinking about maintenance, changing/replacing parts as they wear out, oil, break fluid... I'm guessing, going by the amount of steam it had coming out at the beginning of GB2, that Ray may have needed to do some serious work on the engine...
Yeah all good points. I'd hate to see the finances just concerning the Ecto-1/1A.
By pferreira1983
roguespectre wrote:If I remember correctly, I think that may have been steam, so I guess it was time to replace the radiator... Maybe thats why they started using 1A
Yeah the car looked like it was on it's last legs.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]