Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Seth Rex
This is something I find curious. I know that in the originals it was 3 white men, 1 black Man. But did they have to keep that color code for ATC? Couldn't there be one Asian? Spanish? Why couldn't the smart about the city black woman be a smart about the city wisecrackin' Latina? What are your thoughts on this?
pferreira1983 liked this
By Demon Vice Commander
Seth Rex wrote:This is something I find curious. I know that in the originals it was 3 white men, 1 black Man. But did they have to keep that color code for ATC? Couldn't there be one Asian? Spanish? Why couldn't the smart about the city black woman be a smart about the city wisecrackin' Latina? What are your thoughts on this?
Paul Feig stated that he asked himself, "Who are the four funniest people I know? They happen to be these four women."

I really liked the new team, and I would love to see them return for another installment. Granted, the future of this particular iteration of Ghostbusters isn't a definite thing at this point, as the studio believes that the film under-performed, but we can still remain hopeful.
Sav C liked this
By *NormalGamer*
Seth Rex wrote:This is something I find curious. I know that in the originals it was 3 white men, 1 black Man. But did they have to keep that color code for ATC? Couldn't there be one Asian? Spanish? Why couldn't the smart about the city black woman be a smart about the city wisecrackin' Latina? What are your thoughts on this?
Regardless of ones racial idenitity (white, black, brown, etc.) or ethnic identity (latina, hispanic, romanian, italian, etc.), what matters is that they are funny as Feig said in the quote DVC posted.

Whatever happens in the future for the GB franchise, regardless of what format it's on (comics, TV, etc.), I would love to see the lore kept alive no matter what, regardless of what kind of ghostbusters they are; old and new.
By pferreira1983
*NormalGamer* wrote:Regardless of ones racial idenitity (white, black, brown, etc.) or ethnic identity (latina, hispanic, romanian, italian, etc.), what matters is that they are funny as Feig said in the quote DVC posted.
But they weren't funny. :oops:
Last edited by Kingpin on December 4th, 2016, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed color code
By Travis Burrell
pferreira1983 wrote:
*NormalGamer* wrote:Regardless of ones racial idenitity (white, black, brown, etc.) or ethnic identity (latina, hispanic, romanian, italian, etc.), what matters is that they are funny as Feig said in the quote DVC posted.
But they weren't funny. :oops:
They are funny.
They weren't their best in the new film though. Kate did great I thought but Mellisa was lacking as was Kristen Wiig somewhat. I still felt Kristen was funny in this.

Kristen was hilarious in Bridesmaids and Melissa was great in Spy. I laughed pretty good in that.
I had never seen Leslie before and I never watch SNL because its not my kind of humor. Leslie was pretty good in this new film.
By Travis Burrell
its okay. we don't all have the same taste.

I cannot STAND JACK BLACK! or SETH ROGAN! not funny EVER in ANYTHING.
By Skyknight
pferreira1983 wrote:
Travis Burrell wrote:They are funny.
We'll have to agree to disagree about this. I didn't find them at all funny.
Oh, they can be funny, but in this movie they were not!
Travis Burrell wrote:I cannot STAND JACK BLACK! or SETH ROGAN! not funny EVER in ANYTHING.
Jack Black is a cool guy, as long as he does his own thing and doesn't try too hard to be funny. The same as McCarthy, she's also funnier if she doesn't try to be funny.
    New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]