Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
At this point, especially after the fact that the GBIII movie never seen the light of day due to being in development hell over the years, GB:TVG is pretty much close enough; I came to accept that.
Chris Brewin, Sav C, JurorNo.2 and 2 others liked this
By philmorgan81
Yes I consider Ghostbusters The Video Game Ghostbusters 3. I went through the trouble of recording my gameplay and even made a box for it so I could place it with the other movies. Whenever I have a marathon of the films I watch the 2 movies and then The Video Gamplay and it feels like watching the perfect trilogy. :):):)
JurorNo.2, Chris Brewin, Sav C and 2 others liked this
By JurorNo.2
You know what's always amusing to me, there's obviously a lot of callbacks to the original movie, but then pretty much the only callback to GB2 is "Ray got possessed...again." Lol, it's true though, even people who don't like the movie otherwise tend to remember that scene, lol.
philmorgan81, Sav C, Chris Brewin and 2 others liked this
By philmorgan81
JurorNo.2 wrote:You know what's always amusing to me, there's obviously a lot of callbacks to the original movie, but then pretty much the only callback to GB2 is "Ray got possessed...again." Lol, it's true though, even people who don't like the movie otherwise tend to remember that scene, lol.

Oh you should read the Prima Game Guide. There are a few more Ghostbusters 2 references in there. Don't forget about the other 2 biggest callbacks to number 2 in the game. The references to the mood slime both with the Slime Blower and Shandor Island and The Painting of Vigo in the firehouse. :):):)

You are right though there are many more references to the first one in general. :):):)
JurorNo.2, Chris Brewin liked this
By Astyanax
Did I hear correctly while playing the game that Winston mentions in the museum that he got his doctorate there, like on Egyptology? I think that's a retcon, right? I'm all for it, don't get me wrong, but I thought Winston was originally supposed to be bringing the more stereotypical "urban" flavor in the original movies, simplifying things as a former Marine...how do the purists feel about this?
By Kingpin
Astyanax wrote:I think that's a retcon, right?
A retcon would be suggesting in TVG that Winston had a doctorate before the first movie, in the case of the game it was character development: he earned his degree in the gap between 1990 and 1992.

I'm perfectly fine with it.
By Peter33vr
To me it is Ghostbusters 2.5

I always envisioned Gb3 as a cinematic new chapter separated from the Gozer/Shandor lore.

So, I'll wait for the next live action, hoping for it to introduce a new team who's the heir of the original gang. THAT, for me, would be a real Gb3.
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
Chris Brewin wrote:Who considers Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009) to be Ghostbusters III?
It's the only thing we've got at this stage. It's a fun game although the story needed more work. The fact is we should have got a third movie back in 2009 not just a video game.
By Kid Chameleon
Kingpin wrote:
Astyanax wrote:I think that's a retcon, right?
A retcon would be suggesting in TVG that Winston had a doctorate before the first movie, in the case of the game it was character development: he earned his degree in the gap between 1990 and 1992.

Winston doing something to improve himself is consistent with his character (especially with the religious "dead rise from the grave" conversation he had with Ray in GB1) but a PhD takes a lot more than two years study and that doesn't fit in the time frame.
Astyanax, *NormalGamer* liked this
By Astyanax
Kid Chameleon wrote: Winston doing something to improve himself is consistent with his character (especially with the religious "dead rise from the grave" conversation he had with Ray in GB1) but a PhD takes a lot more than two years study and that doesn't fit in the time frame.
What a great point. He was inordinately inquisitive, wasn't he? Especially after the job interview, when he didn't care as long as there was a paycheck in it. A true believer after he saw s**t that would turn people white.

If I remember correctly, he has a similar kind of philosophical discussion in both movies, doesn't he?
By Fritz
Kid Chameleon wrote:
Kingpin wrote:

Winston doing something to improve himself is consistent with his character (especially with the religious "dead rise from the grave" conversation he had with Ray in GB1) but a PhD takes a lot more than two years study and that doesn't fit in the time frame.
I guess if we really stretched it, he could have begun taking classes a lot earlier--he could have had lots of free time after they were shut down, after all--and it just didn't come up during the events of GB2 (at least not "on camera").
By Alphagaia
I feel it's a perfect ending for a trilogy, as it wraps up most plotpoints nicely, while at the same time being a sort of greatest hits thing with the capture of Slimer and Stay Puft. Well, the last one just falls to it's doom,but close enough, the big trap was almost there.

I like Ivo Shandor as the villain, though since he is hiding as the mayor most of the time, it's a bummer we don't get much of a personality from him.
Sav C, zeta otaku liked this
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote:I feel it's a perfect ending for a trilogy, as it wraps up most plotpoints nicely, while at the same time being a sort of greatest hits thing with the capture of Slimer and Stay Puft.
I think there was room for more games in the series.
By Alphagaia
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:I feel it's a perfect ending for a trilogy, as it wraps up most plotpoints nicely, while at the same time being a sort of greatest hits thing with the capture of Slimer and Stay Puft.
I think there was room for more games in the series.
I agree! Keep 'm coming! The gameplay with the trapping and destroying ghosts mixed with setting the mood and telling a story was very well done.
pferreira1983 liked this
By featofstrength
Alphagaia wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:I think there was room for more games in the series.
I agree! Keep 'm coming! The gameplay with the trapping and destroying ghosts mixed with setting the mood and telling a story was very well done.
By Alphagaia
I hope people going to take their time when they make a new GBgame. Most games that have to be released adjacent to a movie release are just shovelware made with to little money and time.

Can Atari or whoever made GB TVG do another? I know how extremely hard it was to squeeze out though, so I can understand they not wanting to do it anymore.
By zeta otaku
Atari is NOT the company it once was and Terminal Reality no longer exists. If SONY ever decides to make another Ghostbusters game like the 2009 game, they'd have to find a new development team and distributor unless they stick with Activision (which I kinda hope they don't)

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]