Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By d_osborn
Steff, do you habitually use drugs... stimulants... alcohol? :love:

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think this could be a simple case of misremembering. That usually seems to be the answer. Do you think it could have been a Ch5 commercial advertising GB2 that used footage from the original trailer? Maybe commercial bumpers or something?

The different museum slime shots aren't from an extended version. It was completely reshot. Fairly early on, I believe.

The Scoleris didn't knock the hole in the wall... it was the proton streams, and this is from before the FX were added by ILM. The trailer was put out pretty early, hence the unfinished FX.

I think the mayor scene could have totally been in an early cut, though. Isn't it on the BR deleted scenes?

I'd love to be surprised, though!
pferreira1983 liked this
By steff
d_osborn wrote:Steff, do you habitually use drugs... stimulants... alcohol? :love:

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think this could be a simple case of misremembering. That usually seems to be the answer. Do you think it could have been a Ch5 commercial advertising GB2 that used footage from the original trailer? Maybe commercial bumpers or something?

The different museum slime shots aren't from an extended version. It was completely reshot. Fairly early on, I believe.

The Scoleris didn't knock the hole in the wall... it was the proton streams, and this is from before the FX were added by ILM. The trailer was put out pretty early, hence the unfinished FX.

I think the mayor scene could have totally been in an early cut, though. Isn't it on the BR deleted scenes?

I'd love to be surprised, though!
Lol, no i dont use drugs stimulants or alcohol, nor am i menstruating, but yes, you are right about the scolaris brother's scene, the holes blasted in the walls that were extra in the ch 5 cut was from the proton streams, not the ghosts. I never said the hole was made by the scoleris brothers themselves
By d_osborn
Ahhh, I thought you mentioned it was the Scoleris. I wish you luck on your hunt! I'm still in the "misremembering" camp, but it would be super cool if you found something. Keep us posted!

A few years ago, I picked up a Columbia VHS screener dated August 89 hoping it might contain something, but no luck. Other than some really cool old industry trade commercials. The transfer is different from what wound up on the home VHS release.
By steff
thanks, if I do find anything, I will post it, on here, it may end up being a case of waiting until ch5 air it again, and hope its the same version they aired previously.
By pferreira1983
I never saw Ghostbusters II on Channel 5 so I can't verify what you're saying is correct. I remember seeing it on Channel 4 back in 1999/2000 but that's as far back as I remember seeing it on TV. Would be interesting if you are correct.
steff liked this
By steff
haven found it yet, but I I'm pretty hopeful with the next time channel 5 airs it, I will defiantly be recording it and if it is that version, then I will post the captures. might just be the waiting game until then.
By Kingpin
Given Channel 4 have just shown it today (and as far as it appeared, it was the same version as on the DVD, with minor pre-watershed editing), it may be a good while before Channel 5 shows it again.
By steff
i was just thinking that myself, caught the end of it and also saw it was the standard DVD version, so sadly it could be a good while
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:Given Channel 4 have just shown it today (and as far as it appeared, it was the same version as on the DVD, with minor pre-watershed editing), it may be a good while before Channel 5 shows it again.
Just to clarify the DVD version you're referring to is the same as the VHS version?
By steff
richardlatto wrote:I've found the edition from July 2012.

Sadly it doesn't contain any of the extra scenes.

Here's an example of the slime outside the museum. Can someone confirm this is identical to the version we all know?

https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand ... clip/98283
Hi Richadlatto. it just took me to a sign up page.
But if it is the same, then it must have been just a one off when they aired it which is so strange. all i can say is that if we cant find the one I saw, then just have to keep an eye out when channel 5 airs it again. when I saw the version I talked about, I didn't have sky+ to record it sadly at the time, but remembered saying to my (now) wife 'omg that's different to my DVD' I would have continued to check after then but in all honesty, time went on, moved house, got married etc etc so it went out of my mind.
By pferreira1983
steff wrote:But if it is the same, then it must have been just a one off when they aired it which is so strange. all i can say is that if we cant find the one I saw, then just have to keep an eye out when channel 5 airs it again. when I saw the version I talked about, I didn't have sky+ to record it sadly at the time, but remembered saying to my (now) wife 'omg that's different to my DVD' I would have continued to check after then but in all honesty, time went on, moved house, got married etc etc so it went out of my mind.
It's possible you mixed up what you saw in the official trailer with the screening of the movie. I kind of doubt that Channel 5 would show a specially prepared edit of the movie and then never show it again. Hope I'm wrong. :-|
By steff
defiantly defiantly not, it was a whole showing of the film, I put my life on that. I even remember the conversation I had with my wife telling her that if I could catch it again, then I could try and splice it together with the DVD version I had to make an extended cut. the only thing I am thinking with regards to channel 5, is that HD wasn't as big back then as it is now today, so it could be possible that the edit changed when they phased HD into their broadcast's and obtained an HD version of the film, from whatever source they use. Not saying that's the case, but just an idea I was thinking about. when it was on the white sky+ boxes (what we had at the time) were a lot more common in homes than the HD boxes you get now
By steff
could try it, it wouldn't be earlier than that though, as I didn't meet my wife before then and she was with me when I saw the version, so anytime after that
By steff
That is a very valid point you have there, im still sure its the normal channel 5, i dont think there were as many spin offs back then but still a good point
By pferreira1983
steff wrote:defiantly defiantly not, it was a whole showing of the film, I put my life on that. I even remember the conversation I had with my wife telling her that if I could catch it again, then I could try and splice it together with the DVD version I had to make an extended cut. the only thing I am thinking with regards to channel 5, is that HD wasn't as big back then as it is now today, so it could be possible that the edit changed when they phased HD into their broadcast's and obtained an HD version of the film, from whatever source they use. Not saying that's the case, but just an idea I was thinking about. when it was on the white sky+ boxes (what we had at the time) were a lot more common in homes than the HD boxes you get now
To be fair when ITV showed the first movie they ever hardly showed the same edit but that was back in the 80s and 90s. I would have thought in the digital age airings of movies would be more consistent.
steff liked this
By steff
GB2 isnt the only film i have seen with a different tv edit. Die hard with a vengeance and under seige 2 are to name a couple. Both were shown uncut on tv, when only the cut version was available to purchase. Although i do know that the die hard with a vengeance is now un cut on the bluray version but on both those occasions, the tv version was longer and uncut opposed to the commercially available DVDs so it does happen on a few occasions
By Seth Rex
While we're at it, is there a version of Ghostbusters 2 with Slimer popping up at the Statue of Liberty during the end credits? I feel like I remember seeing it.
By Sav C
Seth Rex wrote:While we're at it, is there a version of Ghostbusters 2 with Slimer popping up at the Statue of Liberty during the end credits? I feel like I remember seeing it.
Many people have reported seeing it in theaters and on certain VHS releases, however it has yet to surface online (not completely surprising as many of the scenes from Ghostbusters II are nowhere to be seen on the internet.)

Currently there's conflicting info on whether it was even filmed or composited. I personally recall hearing that it was composited but cut from the film since some of the crew felt it implied another "sequel" such as Ghostbusters III being on the way.

Storyboards for it have been released, however; and it is also in the screenplay.
By pferreira1983
Seth Rex wrote:While we're at it, is there a version of Ghostbusters 2 with Slimer popping up at the Statue of Liberty during the end credits? I feel like I remember seeing it.
There's a whole thread dedicated to this. No one unfortunately provided proof but some claim to have seen it.
By RichardLess
steff wrote:GB2 isnt the only film i have seen with a different tv edit. Die hard with a vengeance and under seige 2 are to name a couple. Both were shown uncut on tv, when only the cut version was available to purchase. Although i do know that the die hard with a vengeance is now un cut on the bluray version but on both those occasions, the tv version was longer and uncut opposed to the commercially available DVDs so it does happen on a few occasions
Can you just please accept that this did not happen. You are mis remembering. How do I know? You aren't the only GB fan in the UK. This would've been reported on. You did not see a different cut of GB2. You didn't. This has happened time and time again. It's always, I repeat AlWAYS, a wild goose chase. The elements you are referencing have never been married onto a master print. Never. There are only 2 versions of GB2: the theatrical and the TV edit for swear words. That's it. I know after you read this you'll continue to swear you saw the extended cut. But deep down you know. You know it's just your memory being a jerk. Otherwise we would have proof. This is the age of the Internet, these things are easy to find out.
There is no extended cut of GB2! I wish there was, but there isn't. No extended cut has ever aired on television. End of story.
twmedford23 liked this
By steff
RichardLess wrote:
steff wrote:GB2 isnt the only film i have seen with a different tv edit. Die hard with a vengeance and under seige 2 are to name a couple. Both were shown uncut on tv, when only the cut version was available to purchase. Although i do know that the die hard with a vengeance is now un cut on the bluray version but on both those occasions, the tv version was longer and uncut opposed to the commercially available DVDs so it does happen on a few occasions
Can you just please accept that this did not happen. You are mis remembering. How do I know? You aren't the only GB fan in the UK. This would've been reported on. You did not see a different cut of GB2. You didn't. This has happened time and time again. It's always, I repeat AlWAYS, a wild goose chase. The elements you are referencing have never been married onto a master print. Never. There are only 2 versions of GB2: the theatrical and the TV edit for swear words. That's it. I know after you read this you'll continue to swear you saw the extended cut. But deep down you know. You know it's just your memory being a jerk. Otherwise we would have proof. This is the age of the Internet, these things are easy to find out.
There is no extended cut of GB2! I wish there was, but there isn't. No extended cut has ever aired on television. End of story.
Nope, your wrong

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]