Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By steff
hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with something that has been driving me crazy for many years and even joined this forum hoping to put me out of my misery!
I live in the UK and have had GB2 on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray and they are all the same in terms of content.
However, when Ghostbusters 2 is on Channel 5, it is extended! and I cant find that version anywhere else!
the most noticeable differences Are
The battle with the Scoleri Brothers is much longer with more wall panels being blown out.
There is a scene with Ray talking to the mayor outside the museum just before they go to the statue of Liberty
The museum filling with slime is much longer, and I mean MUCH longer where is spews out of the walls, lights, stairs, and a full view of the front of the museum with the stuff, shooting everywhere!
most of the differences can actually be seen in the 1989 trailer, I have taken screen shots of them but not sure how to upload them here yet, but like I say, I have only ever seen this version on TV

Many thanks, sorry if this is in another thread somewhere
By pferreira1983
steff wrote:hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with something that has been driving me crazy for many years and even joined this forum hoping to put me out of my misery!
I live in the UK and have had GB2 on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray and they are all the same in terms of content.
However, when Ghostbusters 2 is on Channel 5, it is extended! and I cant find that version anywhere else!
the most noticeable differences Are
The battle with the Scoleri Brothers is much longer with more wall panels being blown out.
There is a scene with Ray talking to the mayor outside the museum just before they go to the statue of Liberty
The museum filling with slime is much longer, and I mean MUCH longer where is spews out of the walls, lights, stairs, and a full view of the front of the museum with the stuff, shooting everywhere!
most of the differences can actually be seen in the 1989 trailer, I have taken screen shots of them but not sure how to upload them here yet, but like I say, I have only ever seen this version on TV

Many thanks, sorry if this is in another thread somewhere
What year did Channel 5 show this edit? I remember back in 1999 or 2000 Channel 4 showing it and it was the standard cut of the movie. I never saw the Channel 5 version so interested in knowing more.
steff liked this
By steff
it was about 2 years ago, I forgot to mention, the part were peter is in court said 'sometimes s**t happens, someone's got to deal with it.....' is also different, he doesn't sware and says 'weird things happen'...
if you go to this trailer link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnzH75FlwvU
it is more like the trailer, for example, at exactly 1:27 on the trailer, you see the extended slime shots briefly that are not in any other copy I have seen but are on the channel 5 version I watched. wishing I recorded it now.
By steff
at exactly 1:29 on that trailer, you see the whole front of the museum filling with slime, if anyone has time, please check your copy, get to the part where the museum starts spraying the slim and see if that exact camera angle is on your copy, its just one example of the differences form the channel 5 version I saw, that specific scene on the channel 5 version was much longer and better than the few seconds on the DVD version
By pferreira1983
steff wrote:at exactly 1:29 on that trailer, you see the whole front of the museum filling with slime, if anyone has time, please check your copy, get to the part where the museum starts spraying the slim and see if that exact camera angle is on your copy, its just one example of the differences form the channel 5 version I saw, that specific scene on the channel 5 version was much longer and better than the few seconds on the DVD version
Might be 2011 or 2012. This is the first time extended footage for a GBII broadcast has been reported I believe.

Can anyone verify this?
By steff
if that is the case, then maybe record it off channel 5 and do a little cleaver editing to make it complete (channel 5 has advert breaks) just hope they stlll use that version when they air it next
By steff
I'm wondering if its to do with how they purchase the movie direct from the studio company instead of DVD BluRays etc are from a distributer
By steff
they did the same with Die Hard with a vengeance when they aired that, it was uncut when they aired it unlike the DVD , however now I believe the uncut die hard with a vengeance is available on the bluray version
By Sav C
Do you remember if Slimer flies out of the Statue of Liberty's crown at the end? I'd love to see this alternate cut!
By steff
I think he did yes, coz i rememeber remarking on it, i wish i had recorded it, but i missed the start. i assumed it would just be the same as my dvd, so i only came by watching it since there was nothing else on
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
Have you had any joy uploading the screenshots/photos you took? If you're looking for a host, I'd suggest something like Photobucket.
By steff
ok, hopefully I did this right.
normal version, when the museum starts covering with slime, we see the slime, ooze down the door, ooze over the light a little, and start oozing down the steps lasting a couple of seconds before we get the aerial shot and that's it done

full version has more SFX, the slime also, sprays over the lights, Blasts out of the walls, another scene of it completely covering the steps and finally a full frontal view of the museum with slime blasting in all directions (see pictures) the scene in general lasts much much longer and is more creepy

light

blasts through walls

More down steps

Full Frontal

if you check your copy and do not see these EXACT images and sequences in that scene, then that is not the one were looking for

more holes blasted in court room (not the best picture to show this, but best I could get)

ray taking to mayor outside museum

all these scenes I have only seen in the channel 5 version
Sav C liked this
By steff
whats driving me even more crazy, is that after hours, days, even years, searching the internet, I have found everything from, frog ghosts in the underground, to extra slimmer scenes, but not so much as a word about the extended museum sliming scene. as a child I remember seeing the 'full frontal' (as I call it) scene as a publicity still in the papers when it was released.
Its even on the Amstrad video game cover behind Vigo and I found it a dead creepy image. I went on thinking it was just a lost piece of footage until I saw it on the channel 5 version.
I will find this version or die trying lol
By steff
it was defiantly afternoon sort of time, I found November the 21st 2010 online. might be a little far back, however it might be better to go back as far in case they have updated the copy to a newer HD one without the extras.
I also found 4:54am 23rd December 2015 too but defiantly wasn't that time of the morning when I saw it
By twmedford23
There are no extended versions of GB2 anywhere. Every year or so, someone comes on here, claiming to have seen an extended version of the film, only to offer zero proof. We are all aware of the deleted and alternate scenes, and while a lot of it was included in behind the scenes and promotional material at the time of the film's release, never was any of it included in a cut released to the public.

Our just mind has a funny way of playing tricks on us sometimes.
Last edited by twmedford23 on April 17th, 2017, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By steff
richardlatto wrote:Let me have a look!
I found it again channel 5 sunday 29th july 2012 5:50pm (something is telling me its this one)
By richardlatto
steff wrote:
richardlatto wrote:Let me have a look!
I found it again channel 5 sunday 29th july 2012 5:50pm (something is telling me its this one)
Well done. I'll see if I can dig it out. Bear with me a couple of days.
By steff
richardlatto wrote:
steff wrote:
Well done. I'll see if I can dig it out. Bear with me a couple of days.
Thank you so much, sorry to be vague a bit in what year, I know some don't believe me on this but I know it was on, hopefully you will find it in one of those dates. I know there were a few extended scenes in it, but the museum flooding with slime scene was what stood out the most to me on it. but again, really appreciate everyone's help.
By Kingpin
steff wrote:Your wrong and i am trying to find the proof for you, and i will
I'm afraid that like twmedford23, I'm not currently convinced that Channel 5 showed an extended version... no version previously shown on UK television has been, nor has any version shown in the US. I also have to admit it's strange that this is coming up now, with so much time having passed since the broadcast.
By steff
I did send a message to another ghostbusters fan site after it was broadcasted, but had no luck with it, to be honest, after then, i kinda just let it go, its really only because i saw it on the shelf in asda that it got me to get looking again.
If it can be re checked by the date i posted, then i dont think there is any halm in looking.
I do understand your point of view, but hope to proove it. If by any chance it cannot be dug back up on the dates i posted, then all i ask of anyone, is to watch GB 2 when it is next aired on channel 5
By steff
I think its important to note, that i havent simply been saying i have seen another version and that is it leaving people on a wild goose chase. But that i have specificly saying the channel i saw it on, and the possible time i saw it, norrowing a lot down. Its great is someone can dig it up, but like i say, all im genuinely saying is, watch it on channel 5 next time its on.... And no, i dont work for channel 5 looking for for more viewers lol
By Sav C
While I'm not sure whether this search will turn anything up, I know searches in the past (that have seemed promising) haven't turned up anything, I do believe you when you say you saw an extended cut. I know that one time I saw five screenshots (of (what looked like) VHS footage) from an unused shot with Vigo sticking his head out of the painting, different angle and everything from what was seen in the film, yet they're only in one place on the internet, and their origin is unclear.
steff liked this
By steff
Thank you for that. To be honest, i have a lot of free time at the moment, proberbly why i have decided to give this search another shot, i apologise if my post came across as making a statement that the cut exists, as that wasnt my intention or to waist anyones time or start any forms of arugment.
My intention for the post was information for helping me find it, 1st stop... Fan site, next stop... Channel 5 maybe... And so on. If it can be dug up from tx then fantastic, if not then i will move on down another angle. But if i do find it, i promise i will come back and post it.
In the meen time please keep an eye out for when channel 5 air it again and record it.
Many people wouldnt bother to watch it on tv since it has advert breaks and they proberbly have it on dvd or bluray, and if you can dig that back up from the archives of ch 5 before then, please let me know :-)
Sav C liked this
By steff
To be honest, I dont remember seeing vigo like that, it could have been in it, but if it was, then its not ringging any bells. As i mentioned earler, the version on ch5 i saw cut out the heads on a stick in the subway, i guess coz it was aired at more of an afternoon time, so if it was in said version, then it wouldnt suprise me if channel 5 themselves cut it out to make it more family friendly for the younger kids watching it.
Sav C liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]