Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I saw a list recently of the Top 100 Comedy films of all Time(it was done by a British organization I think, either the BBC or Guardian. It was just released last week I think) and Ghostbusters ranked a surprisingly low 95. Obviously comedy and taste varies from person to person & country to country but this was a poll conducted worldwide by critics. Another slight against the film is that it took until 2015 for Ghostbusters to be preserved in the annual Library of Congress preservation list. It was started in the '80s! And it wasn't until 2015 that GB was finally included.

With all the effects and sci fi, has Ghostbusters been fairly treated as the great comedy film it is? I can't think of another comedy that was able to marry sci fi and spectacle successfully like Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters is one of the most quotable movies ever made. But I don't feel like it's appreciated for the masterpiece it truly is. I think it may have something to do with Ivan Reitman. Reitman isn't as respected as he should be in the film community. While Dan and Harold wrote the screenplay, Ivan was the one to see the potential and really ground the film in a realistic way. But besides Ghostbusters, Stripes, Ghostbusters 2, Meatballs and Dave, his filmography is kind of all over the place. If Steven Spielberg directed Ghostbusters, would it's legacy be any different?

I should point out that I'm not saying Ghostbusters isn't loved. Obviously we saw just how important it is to people when all the reboot backlash took over the world. I'm talking about it's respect & legacy as a comedy film. We see movies like Dr. Stranglove, Airplane and Animal House consistently ranked as some of the funniest films of all time. Ghostbusters never really seems to get too much love in that respect.

Or am I wrong?
Sav C liked this
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]