Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Noremon
I had "On Our Own" stuck in my head so I decided to listen to the "Ghostbusters II" soundtrack to try to quell it. I don't know why I didn't catch "Flesh N' Blood" before, it's really pretty great for Ghostbusters.

In my opinion the main theme of Ghostbusters is overcoming impossible odds. And belief. "Flesh N' Blood"'s lyrics really fit into that. Like sticking together and being stronger when combined. Even though we are only mortal we can be powerful. And regardless of class or social level we're all human.

I just thought it was a really great choice to stick on a Ghostbusters soundtrack!

{ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiUXs3pl_aM }
Last edited by Noremon on September 28th, 2017, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JurorNo.2, Sav C, BatDan liked this
By Noremon
Last night I wanted to post it on Tumblr but wasn't happy with the lyrics for it available online. So I transcribed it in a more prose style:

"Over time I've come to feel that everything must come apart, it seems. From the little child to the man of power. From the beggar to the angel of my dreams. From the thinnest thread we are sewn together. From the finest string we dangle over time. From the highest wire do we walk through fire. Should our balance ever falter. Should our steps be unaligned. Such a big storm. Yeah! Such a strong wind blowing. Such a loud voice calling for me to cross the line!

But I'm not gonna give up the ghost! No! Not gonna give up the ghost. I'm not gonna give up the ghost! No! Not gonna give it up.

'Cause I haven't the strength to hold out too long. If we both hold on together we can make each other strong!

After all: We're flesh n' blood.
After all: We're flesh.

After all: We're flesh n' blood!

Drop the mask. Take away the house; And forget about the income and the car. We're all the same underneath our shell. We've all been to hell, know that it's like, and we've shared each other's sins. We all know what it's like! To give up the fight. We've all been ashamed at one time or another~ We all have dreams, and nightmares too. When it all comes down we'll look out for each other.–No one else will.

When I hear the call. When I feel the thirst. Yeah! When the catcher comes to take my soul–He's gonna have to fight me first!

'Cause I'm not gonna give up the ghost! No! Not gonna give up the ghost. I'm not gonna give up the ghost! No! Not gonna give it up.

'Cause I haven't the strength to hold out too long. If we both hold on together we can make each other strong!

After all: We're flesh n' blood!

Every cloud has a silver lining. And every soul is tender to the touch. We are made of stone. We are made of steel. And we're all the same when we return to dust.

When I hear the call. Yeah! When I feel the thirst. When the catcher comes to take my soul he's gonna have to fight me first!

'Cause I'm not gonna give up the ghost! No! Not gonna give up the ghost. I'm not gonna give up the ghost! No! Not gonna give it up. Oooo!

I'm not gonna give up the ghost! No! Not gonna give it up. I'm not gonna give up the ghost! No! Not gonna. Yeah! Not gonna give up the ghost! No! Not gonna. Oooo! Not gonna give it up. No! Not gonna. Yeah! Not got gonna. No! Not gonna give it up. Yeah! Not gonna give it up. Yeeeaaah!
"
By JurorNo.2
I agree the song is perfect for Ghostbusters, it has such a unusual rhythm and cadence; I've literally never heard anything else like it. And like you said, the lyrics have some relevance to the story. I like Flip City for that reason also, if you listen to the beginning, it's about how people are starting to act all strange and crazy and we don't know why, which is pretty much the plot of GB2. The only outlier is "She used to want me/How could it be now/She's gone Flip City." That's not really part of the story, it's just that it's a pop song and it's required we mention a love interest, lol. I guess you could connect it to Dana and Peter but it's a stretch.
Sav C, Noremon liked this
By BatDan
Your little boy has good taste. Oh yeah the Farewell DVD is awesome, probably one of the best concert videos I've seen. I actually just found the CD version of the Farewell show at a used record shop. Ha.
Noremon liked this
Life long Boingo fan here. You’d find me at Tower Records on release day buying both the LP and the cassette tape of their latest, obsessing over lyrics for days and weeks. Caught every concert I could muster in the 80s. I’ve lost count of the number of venues and concerts but my favorite venue was the Greek Theater and I was lucky enough to score pit tickets more than once. I was even a member of their fan club. Yes, before social media, bands used snail mail to stay in touch with newsletters to fans. The good ole days.

Dark At The End Of The Tunnel has many unusual tracks and was a noticeable shift from their usual high energy tunes, although there were glimpses of this maturation on BOI-NGO.

I could go on all day talking Boingo. Great stuff!
BatDan, Noremon liked this
By BatDan
I wasn't old enough to enjoy them live (I think I was only 9 the year of Farewell), so consider yourself very lucky to experience that. Have you been to Elfmans Nightmare concerts?

I love the production of Dark at the End of the Tunnel, everything sounds so crisp and the percussion is awesome. It is quite a shift in tone, especially on Out of Control. I was expecting a little more of this on Boingo 94, and soon found Insanity is a complete 180 from Skin and When Lights Go Out.

I don't think I have a favorite, if I had to choose I think maybe Good For Your Soul and Dead Man's Party are my two favs.

I yearn for the day they finally release some deluxe editions of the albums, so I can finally listen to all the "rare" tracks like All the Pieces and Remember My Name in better quality.
Noremon liked this
    PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]