Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Photon Guy
Im a big Winston fan. Any other Winston fans? I like Winston so much partially because I don't think he gets enough attention. Peter, Ray, and Egon seem to get all the attention as they're the original three Ghostbusters and Winston was the fourth one who didn't appear until about halfway through the first movie. I also like him because he's the tough, no nonsense type. Also, he's the most skilled of the Ghostbusters at least in terms of operating the equipment. Whereas Egon is the inventive genius who built and designed the proton packs, Winston is the best at using them.
Sav C, Wedgeismyhero liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
I have always had a soft spot for Winston myself, since he serves as the voice of reason when things go south. Plus his everyman persona is very relatable. I am so glad that The Real Ghostbusters expanded on him as a character with episodes like Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream, Night Game, Elementary My Dear Winston and more. Also I really appreciate both the 2009 video game and the comic book giving him lots to do as a character.

Plus Ghostbusters II not only has him in more scenes, he also gets some really great lines like 'You mean this stuff actually feeds on bad vibes?" , and "Hey New York, what a town."
Sav C, NSGhostbusters liked this
By NotSabbat
Winston is the unsung hero for sure. He was an ABSOLUTELY vital part of the movie. Not only did he act as a conduit for the viewer when describing all the supernatural stuff, but he is the reason I feel like anyone can be a Ghostbuster. Not that I think Winston was just anyone, mind you, but he is the only one that isnt a scientist and had to learn about the "business" as a layman.
Sav C, NSGhostbusters liked this
By Photon Guy
Some good points have been made about Winston. He is the voice of reason and an everyman. However, at least in the first movie he does come across as just your token black character. That does work in with his role of making the impression that anybody can be a Ghostbuster, you don't have to be white, you don't have to be a scientist, to do the job of a Ghostbuster, which in the 80s was making a statement. But as its been pointed out, Winston was not just your average Joe and he could do certain stuff better than the other Ghostbusters, this is especially made apparent in the extended universe of Ghostbusters, the cartoon and the second movie and the video game and the comic books. The problem with the first movie is that Winston does make the impression of being just a token black character, although he is much much more when you take the rest of the Ghostbusters franchise into the picture.
By NSGhostbusters
"Alright! This chick is toast!" - Dr. Peter Venkman
By NSGhostbusters
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: September 17th, 2018, 7:25 pm I have always had a soft spot for Winston myself, since he serves as the voice of reason when things go south. Plus his everyman persona is very relatable. I am so glad that The Real Ghostbusters expanded on him as a character with episodes like Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream, Night Game, Elementary My Dear Winston and more. Also I really appreciate both the 2009 video game and the comic book giving him lots to do as a character.

Plus Ghostbusters II not only has him in more scenes, he also gets some really great lines like 'You mean this stuff actually feeds on bad vibes?" , and "Hey New York, what a town."
My favorite Winston Zeddemore quote in Ghostbusters II is "Its always the quiet ones.".

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]