Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Photon Guy
So the Ghostbusters, except for Winston, all have doctorates. Im not sure if this is canon but I've read that instead of a doctorate Winston has a background in the Marines and is a small arms expert. If Winston does have a doctorate Im not aware of it being mentioned in any of the movies, video games, or secondary canon sources.

Anyway, in the first movie it was pointed out that Peter has doctorates in Parapsychology and Psychology. Ray has also been referred to as Dr. Stanz but his doctorate or doctorates are not mentioned. Anyway, what Im really wondering about is just how many doctorates Egon has and what they're in. No doubt he has doctorates in Psychology and Parapsychology like Peter but also since he designed the gear he must have doctorates in Physics and Engineering. Being the genius of the group I would not find it unlikely if he had many other doctorates.
By Kingpin
I believe Winston's military background was mentioned in the tie-in novel to the first film, which may have been inspired by details in the original script for Ghostbusters.

Winston doesn't have a doctorate until shortly before the events of Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

Ray likely has a doctorate, or doctorates in engineering. Egon's qualifications have never been fully revealed, but it's safe to say that physics (particle, nuclear), as you noted, is probably at least one qualification he holds.
By JTysonLambert
It's also likely he could have some form of qualification in physiology and/or neuroscience due to his Weaver Hall experiment in GB2.
By NotSabbat
Depending on which comic you read Winston has a Law degree, an honorary parapsychology doctorate, and a doctorate in Egyptology. In the crossing over the Real Ghostbuster version of Winston was in the Airforce and the IDW comic version of Winston is a Marine.
By mrmichaelt
For Egon:

In the 10/7/1983 script for the first movie, Egon told Vinz Clortho/Possessed Louis he is a "Doctor of Physics, Graduate of M.I.T." Then in the Ghostbusters II August 5, 1988 draft, Egon was working as a physics professor specializing in quantum theory.

In the IDW Comics, he has a PhD in Parapsychology and a PhD in Microbiology (with a specialization in mycology), as well as being self-taught in electronics, mechanics, mathematics, and fluent in three and a half languages.

For Ray:

In The Video Game, during the Times Square level, it was mentioned he was in a seminary.

In the IDW Comics, he has a PhD in Parapsychology and became well-learned in various other disciplines like Egon.

For Winston:

In the August 5, 1983 draft of the first movie, Winston's resume said he was in the service for five years, an Air Force Police Captain assigned to administer perimeter security at Reese Strategic Air Command base, designed electronic barrier systems for Sentry Alarms, ended up as V.P. Tactics and Training at Pacific Headquarters until the offices were closed down, a 15th Degree Black Belt in Wing Chun Boxing, and a qualified award-winning weapons handler.

In the Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular adaptation, Winston was in Strategic Air Command, ECM school, is a black belt in karate, and is a small-arms expert.

The Ghost Busted (manga) from Tokyopop, was the first source to say Winston was in the Marines.

In The Video Game, Winston mentioned that he "pretty much lived" in the Natural History Museum's exhibit on ancient Egypt while working on getting his doctorate, so it could be assumed his degree is History with a specialization in Egyptology. The quote was "Ah, the Egypt exhibit. I practically lived here while I was working on my doctorate."

A small piece of trivia but on page 9 of Ghostbusters: The Video Game Official Game Guide of the Realistic Version and Four of the Stylized Version, Winston's Caution Box notes he is an ex-Marine as well.

In the IDW comics, he has a Bachelor of the Arts degree, honorary doctorate was in parapsychology, and his Juris Doctor in law is still in progress.
Sav C liked this
By Winston1986
I am in the minority but I liked Winston being a former Construction Worker in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon. And that it was a family business with his Dad. That was one of the few later season episodes that I liked.
    Possessed Sony Discman

So it turns out you can give power via ANY channel[…]

New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]