Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Kingpin
Dr.D wrote: May 29th, 2019, 9:18 pmThey aren't restoring the 1A, they're using it for parts.
This speculation's like a cockroach that just won't die. As far as I've been able to dig up, nothing has ever suggested Ecto-1A is being used for parts.

The belief appears to have started to grow following the photos that popped up from Ecto-1's restoration, and Ecto-1A's aborted refurbishment - where some fans confused the stripped-down Ecto-1A for the stripped-down Ecto-1 with Ecto-1A's rear door.

While his account is open to questioning, the overcharging Cadillac enthusiast stated that Ecto-1A was being refitted for "close up scenes", which may well mean it being reconfigured to look like Ecto-1:
Source
Alphagaia, Dr.D, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By Ectojeff88
But if it’s in continuity with the films, the partial restored close up would need to be the Ecto-1A, or some kind of hybrid 1B if Jason is counting the 2009 game into canon...
By Doctor Venkman
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByGBSwjpxzo ... hare_sheet

Jason shared this today. This is the piece of equipment that is wheeled by Ray, Peter, and Egon when they're being kicked out of Columbia. (It's also the only time you hear "I Can Wait Forever" from the soundtrack, briefly, as the maintenance guy has his headphones on).
Alphagaia, Coover5, SpaceBallz and 3 others liked this
By Kingpin
Ectojeff88 wrote: May 30th, 2019, 1:24 pm But if it’s in continuity with the films, the partial restored close up would need to be the Ecto-1A, or some kind of hybrid 1B if Jason is counting the 2009 game into canon...
Not really. The trailer (assuming it can be taken literally) firmly establishes it's going to be the car primarily (if not entirely) in its 1984 configuration. There's nothing discouting they "lightened" the car and returned it to its 1984 appearance at some point after 1989.

And, if we work on the basis Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A were always meant to be one single car that's gone through a facelift, then it doesn't seem likely that we'll be seeing Ecto-1A again on-screen.
philmorgan81, Dr.D liked this
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote: May 30th, 2019, 3:44 pm
Ectojeff88 wrote: May 30th, 2019, 1:24 pm But if it’s in continuity with the films, the partial restored close up would need to be the Ecto-1A, or some kind of hybrid 1B if Jason is counting the 2009 game into canon...
Not really. The trailer (assuming it can be taken literally) firmly establishes it's going to be the car primarily (if not entirely) in its 1984 configuration. There's nothing discouting they "lightened" the car and returned it to its 1984 appearance at some point after 1989.

And, if we work on the basis Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A were always meant to be one single car that's gone through a facelift, then it doesn't seem likely that we'll be seeing Ecto-1A again on-screen.

Absolutely! I am pretty much taking the trailer literally and I have no problem accepting the car in it's run down 1984 form. I am assuming that the Ecto 1, Ecto 1A and the Ecto 1B from the game are the same vehicle and again assuming that Jason won't go out of his way to discredit the 2009 games story. With the remaster hitting shelves this year I'd say it's even more likely he won't go out of his way to discredit it. I see no reason not to believe the Ecto 1 got restored to it's original state at some point from 1991 to 2020. Again this is me just assuming that the game is Canon and even that has the Ecto 1A getting a face lift to the 1B between 1989 to 1991.

Now I think it would be really cool if we saw pieces of the Ecto 1A's equipment or the license plate being shown on the shelf. That one Instagram photo has already teased use the 1 A's Bumper. If the Ecto 1 in the barn in the teaser is just one piece of visible equipment I am sure there will be a lot of equipment strewn about the barn serving as some awesome Easter eggs. I am really looking forward to where all this is going. :):):)
Kingpin, robbritton liked this
By Slimered
Doctor Venkman wrote: May 30th, 2019, 1:31 pmhttps://www.instagram.com/p/ByGBSwjpxzo ... hare_sheet

Jason shared this today. This is the piece of equipment that is wheeled by Ray, Peter, and Egon when they're being kicked out of Columbia. (It's also the only time you hear "I Can Wait Forever" from the soundtrack, briefly, as the maintenance guy has his headphones on).
I have a feeling we're going to get the original Ghostbusters confirmed at this fan fest event as people have been saying. That's why the Ghostbusters: The Video Game remaster was announced today; if they'd left it until the fan fest it would have got overshadowed by the OG Ghostbusters news.
RichRyan1507, SpaceBallz, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
Doctor Venkman wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/ByGBSwjpxzo ... hare_sheet

lol, the ol' Medrad Mark IV Angiographic Injector Injection System. Egon's fave.
viewtopic.php?t=32375
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By timeware
Maybe professor Stantz donated a paranormal wing to the university and relieved an honorary degree? If that's a scenario I could also see Venkman propping his feet over it to spite Dean yager if he,s even alive still.
By Kingpin
It could also be one of them, or someone unrelated to Ghostbusters working in a underfunded paranormal studies department in a rural university or college in 2020. If the device does end up in the new film then that's going to be a neat little visual cameo. :)
deadderek, SpaceBallz, back liked this
By Theoderic
Kingpin wrote: May 30th, 2019, 3:44 pm

Well i'd be totally ok with that, because imho (yes, i know - some fellow ghostheads may feel the urge to hang me up high for saying this, but... :wink: ) the Ecto-1 is the one and only, the ultimate Ecto. The Ecto-1A is just waaaay over the top for me in terms of design and general looks - where the ecto was great; the 1A just has too much of everything (lights, labels, stripes, stuff....anything - like: yeah..."let's just put another lightbar on top of that lightbar ...". :roll: ). But that's just my personal taste of course.

Yes, please - Ecto-1 me all over the place! :lol:
Kingpin liked this
By Coover5
There's a movie out called Greta that does a great job of turning Ireland into New York courtesy of footage of the real NY at just the right time and I suspect some minor digital mattes. I was really impressed with how well they did. If they can make Ireland look like the US I suspect a transformation from Calgary to NY will be spotless if that's what they intend to do.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
I pretty sure Montreal was used for a NY stand-in in the the movie Brooklyn. Anyone seen Brooklyn yet? I read the book and liked it, but haven't gotten around to seeing the film.

Cool to see the Medrad Mark IV Angiographic Injector Injection System! Always wondered what it was. A machine that injects ink into the brain and other tissue for x-rays... Jeez, that sounds creepy. Guess it's like getting a tattoo, only inside.
By deadderek
His theories would be the worst type of popular tripe, his methods sloppy, & with conclusions that would be highly questionable.
Sav C, Davideverona, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
By Sav C
I feel silly. It was only today that I realized that when the dean said, "We believe that the purpose of science is to serve mankind. You, however, seem to regard science as some kind of dodge, or hustle," that he wasn't talking about Venkman regarding science as a type of car... Yes, I assumed that there was a car in the eighties called a "Hustle"... :blush:
By Slimered
mrmichaelt wrote: June 1st, 2019, 2:48 am
SpaceBallz wrote: May 31st, 2019, 5:27 pm WHAT IF...Venkman is the new Dean?! :cool:
For me that's somehow scarier than the prospect him being the current Mayor. :blush:
I'd actually like to see Peter Venkman as the mayor. That could be a really funny scenario for the new film.
By SSJmole
Slimered wrote: June 1st, 2019, 4:19 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: June 1st, 2019, 2:48 am For me that's somehow scarier than the prospect him being the current Mayor. :blush:
I'd actually like to see Peter Venkman as the mayor. That could be a really funny scenario for the new film.
I would avoid that. It would be hilarious band work. But sadly Peter Venkman is a slimy , big mouthed , sexist. (I love the character hes my favourite but I'm trying to look objectively) a guy like that as mayor would been seen as a trump parody / reffrence and the film would then get a lot of political drama around it that it frankly doesn't need.

I may be way off though but that's where I saw it. And love him or hate him the trump mocking / parodies is worn out now. Hell it was worn out by the time will & grace came back and their first episode was all that which left me bored as it wasn't anything new or exciting (luckily the second episode onwards went back to being Will and Grace we know and loved)
By Davideverona
Coover5 wrote: June 1st, 2019, 10:29 pm Any wild predictions left before Fan Fest? I know we won't get every detail then but ya gotta speak up now because saying "I knew it all along" won't count after.
As for Gb20:

- original cast returns revelation

- title revelation

- they are NOT giving away plot details yet.

- maybe they'll reveal the new cast mysterious connection to the original movies.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By deadderek
Put me down as well for original cast members returning and/or cameos, and the title reveal.

I have a feeling the connection won't be revealed though.

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]