Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By SSJmole
Lots of a stuff is going the series route. Disney are doing multiple marvel stuff for their streaming service , Star Trek is back on it's streaming service , DC are doing stuff on their streaming service. Netflix constantly has original content. Sony doesn't have a streaming service of its own.

I was thinking should Netflix get its own ghostbusters series? I'm thinking live action with 4-5 new ghostbusters but set in the same universe as the movies. So see it more as a companion series. Like 11-14 episodes per season but the same budget as daredevil or Sabrina or even titans on DC. The originals could appear as guest stars or team up or something.

As one thing that the tie does it gets people to try the brand. Like in the UK we have titans in the US its on DC streaming service , but I have friends they don't like DC films (I love them) but they still gave titans a try. As titans was a Netflix thing and they loved it. This got them to go back and look at other DC films that they missed.

I'm not going to point fingers at what has that been done. But there is a slight stigma attached to the brand now. I was thinking a Netflix original companion series maybe going the franchise route the video game did so it can be set in Seattle or Chicago or something could help the brand get back to been a very current product its own way. Also shared universes are very popular right now so that benefits it too.

Just a thought but not sure if it would work.
By Coover5
It definitely could be done. I think Stranger Things would be a great example of what kind of effects would could expect. There have been many effects shows like the Arrowverse shows, X-Files, Friday the 13th (aka Friday's Curse) Star Trek and all it's spinoffs and even Home Improvement featured many great effects in its run. But they all could rely on practical effects. Stranger things is one of the first majorly successful shows with top quality special effects in every single episode. That for me is what is really important. Can they get a good concept? Can they get a good cast? Sure, plenty of shows out there with good casts and good concepts. Just as long as they effects are good I'm all for it.
By Styrofoam_Guy
There are some very good series on Netflix. The Marvel and DC stuff is generally pretty good.

A series would allow some more character development. It would allow for a more in depth story. as long at it has a good story and the bean counters and execs don't try and change things.
By SSJmole
Coover5 wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 8:55 am It definitely could be done. I think Stranger Things would be a great example of what kind of effects would could expect. There have been many effects shows like the Arrowverse shows, X-Files, Friday the 13th (aka Friday's Curse) Star Trek and all it's spinoffs and even Home Improvement featured many great effects in its run. But they all could rely on practical effects. Stranger things is one of the first majorly successful shows with top quality special effects in every single episode. That for me is what is really important. Can they get a good concept? Can they get a good cast? Sure, plenty of shows out there with good casts and good concepts. Just as long as they effects are good I'm all for it.
Should be able to. I mean arrowverse you mention , look at Supergirl and flash. They use digital effects every episode and once they have the effect down they love to reuse it as it's cheap then. Proton beams will easily fill that category.

Main villian I see been one of the Ghostbusters ones that looks like normal human. As that's cheaper and easier. Ghosts I can see been practical like moving objects and easy enough effects to do. Sure I expect some ghosts to look similar but that's ok.

Ironically the tone is the hardest thing to agree on. Some would love as you touched upon stranger things tone. Personally I'd like more of a flash tone or something. But I could see it been closer to stranger things one as most streaming shows so far like titans or Star Trek Discovery or daredevil ect... Have a darker tone.
By SSJmole
Styrofoam_Guy wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 9:11 am There are some very good series on Netflix. The Marvel and DC stuff is generally pretty good.

A series would allow some more character development. It would allow for a more in depth story. as long at it has a good story and the bean counters and execs don't try and change things.
I adore titans on Netflix UK. The whole series episode 1 to the final which just so good I was hooked on it. My favourite live action comic show to date (though the chilling adventures of Sabrina is pretty good)
If I remember correctly the new Ghostbusters animated series Ecto Force was at one point considered for Netflicks.

Currently, it is on hold pending how the animated movie in devlopment is recived. I know that I would gladly watch Ecto Force if it was a Netflicks show. Netflicks has some great original television programs on it currently, and Ecto Force be in good company alongside many other cartoons.
Last edited by Peter Venkman Jr. on January 23rd, 2019, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 12:02 pm If I remember correctly the new Ghostbusters animated series Ecto Force was at one point considered for Netflicks.

Currently, it is on hold pending how the animated movie in devlopment is recived. I know that I would gladly Ecto Force if it was a Netflicks show.
Aninated could work too. Troll hunters is fantastic on Netflix. Ecto force did sound cool. Don't get me wrong but I feel a live action show that's in universe than can make the internet talk about it would be better for everyone. As while I love cartoons unless it's Anime very few can break through. Even star wars with rebels quickly faded from the same type of internet trending stuff like daredevil had.
I would love to see a series because unlike a 2 hour movie you can have 10 or more hours via episodes of character and world building. I would however like to see a different franchise shown then that of the new film. The third film could have a new New York crew and in the films ending you could have a shot of the fire house and a person walks over like Winston holding a paper that says 'Ghostbusters Franchises now available!' and they could walk in to the fire house and that could be an end credit scene. Then the next year you could have Ernie or someone guest staring getting a new franchise in another city going. You could do say three seasons and each season could be a new franchise. Trek had various shows going at once in the same universe. Ideas but obviously who knows. If Sony is smart they'll look at some live action series, films and perhaps an animated feature series. I would actually despite not seeing it like to see the ATC crew with the main cast doing the voices get a series animated. The trailer seems to have that look that would do well in the alternate GB universe.
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
I posted this yesterday in the wrong thread by mistake just realized.

Netflix via now getting resident evil. I'm assuming ghostbusters wouldn't happen now as it has elements that parody horror and they wouldn't want their big new show to be mocked by public jokes ghostbusters starts
By Coover5
At one point in my life I wanted to write my own horror anthology series. It's one of those ideas you get when you see a TV show and think "I'd like to do that" Well it never got past my list of monsters. I wrote down every classic horror theme (apes and morticians) and sci-fi option (aliens and cyborg) I could think of. Here is the list. 87 different listings though some relate to each other (like Bigfoot and Yeti). 87 times before a Ghostbusters show would have to repeat itself. At least we know the material is there.

Aliens,
Ape,
Banshee
Big Foot/Sasquatch
Black Cats
Blobs/Globs
Bogeyman
Bugs/Insects
Cannibal
Carnivorous Plants
Centaur
Chupacabra
Clowns
Cult
Cyborg
Cyclops
Devil
Dragon
Dwarves
Ecto-plasm/Slime
Elves
Fairy
Gargoyle
Genie
Ghost/Phantom/Specter
Giants
Gillman
Gnome
Goblin
Golem
Gremlins
Grim Reaper
Headless Beings
Healer
Hellhound
Hunchback
Hypnotist
Imp
Incubus
Invisibility
Jersey Devil
Leprechaun
Living objects
Loch Ness Monster
Mad Scientist
Men in Black
Mermaid
Mind reader
Minotaur
Moirai (The Fates)
Monster (animal)
Monster (human)
Mortician
Mothman
Mummy/Pharoah
Murderer/Serial Killer
Mutants
Neanderthals
Orc
Ouija board
Pirate
Poltergeist
Possession
Psychic
Robot
Sandman
Sandworm
Scarecrow
Shape Shifter
Shrunken Heads
Siren
Sorcerer/Wizard
Sphinx
Spoon Bender
Succubus
Thunderbirds
Totem
Troll
Unicorn
Valkyrie
Vampire
Voodoo
Werewolf/Wolfman
Witchcraft
Witchdoctor
Yeti
Zombie
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
Good list though ghostbusters wouldn't use all I think just ghosts but different ones. Like Slimer and the criminals in courthouse are both ghosts but neither is repeating the other if that makes sense. Hell look how many variables I. Ghosts and monsters real ghostbusters used , it wasn't repeating it's self.

So if it had 11 episodes a series dealing with ghosts and big bads I think it's last years
By Coover5
GB1, RGB and GB2 used from this list: Demi-god, possession, ectoplasm, sorcerer, gargoyle (terror dogs), Valkyrie, banshee, sandman, Bogeyman, ghosts, imp, genie, werewolf, and vampire to name a few. Suspecting that a GB series would have the same range as Buffy, Angel, X-Files or Supernatural I imagine they could go through the whole list.

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]

Proton Props UK

Sure! As soon as I got my pack I will post the pic[…]

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]