Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Forgive me if there is a similar post somewhere else. I couldn't find anything.

Just watching GB2 and the woman says according to her sources the end of the world would be February 14, 2016. I just find it really weird that the year is 2016 for this. The reboot came in 2016 and it almost caused the end of the world for Ghostbusters. Was this just coincidence or was there something at work back in '89 that Dan Aykroyd might have had a message about the future and tried to warn us that the reboot was coming that year lol. I do like the reboot, it was decent and if you watch the extended version, its not as bad and the continuity is a little better.
Gatchigirl wrote: January 24th, 2019, 3:16 pm Forgive me if there is a similar post somewhere else. I couldn't find anything.

Just watching GB2 and the woman says according to her sources the end of the world would be February 14, 2016. I just find it really weird that the year is 2016 for this. The reboot came in 2016 and it almost caused the end of the world for Ghostbusters. Was this just coincidence or was there something at work back in '89 that Dan Aykroyd might have had a message about the future and tried to warn us that the reboot was coming that year lol. I do like the reboot, it was decent and if you watch the extended version, its not as bad and the continuity is a little better.
I'm 99.99% sure it was coincidence. It was probably to contrast Milton's heated insistence that the end of the world was "this year!" versus "An alien told me the world is going to end almost thirty years from now."

Blatant self promotion in spoiler:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Gatchigirl wrote: January 24th, 2019, 3:16 pm Forgive me if there is a similar post somewhere else. I couldn't find anything.

I didn't even make that connection, but how neat would it have been if the 2016 movie was connected to that scene? You know, something a good movie would have done.
Choose&Perish liked this
Fritz wrote: January 24th, 2019, 4:20 pm

I'm 99.99% sure it was coincidence. It was probably to contrast Milton's heated insistence that the end of the world was "this year!" versus "An alien told me the world is going to end almost thirty years from now."

Blatant self promotion in spoiler:
This Post Contains Spoilers

I'm 100% sure it was coincidence, but an awesome one.
Wiggyof9 wrote: January 24th, 2019, 5:01 pm

I didn't even make that connection, but how neat would it have been if the 2016 movie was connected to that scene? You know, something a good movie would have done.

Agreed, they should have ran with that. Maybe had Bill Murray still be Venkman, but the one from their world and he landed up with that show after being fired from Columbia. Then use the clip as a stepping stone for the new GB to go on. That instead of being aliens, its ghosts of course that's going to cause the end of the world. That would have been so much better than having Bill Murray playing a sceptic and debunker. Plus it being 2016 would have been just perfect. But obviously no one thought of it. :(
Choose&Perish liked this
I never said have aliens in it. I was just noting the year and how it actually almost was the end of the world for Ghostbusters after ATC came out. But it would have been awesome to have it linked to the new movie.
Gatchigirl wrote: January 25th, 2019, 5:10 am I never said have aliens in it. I was just noting the year and how it actually almost was the end of the world for Ghostbusters after ATC came out. But it would have been awesome to have it linked to the new movie.
No you didn't. Sorry if you thought I did. I meant the woman in movie said it. So if it linked we'd have to assume she really did learn it from an alien , odd if aliens aren't involved based on that.

It was a joke as clearly she was crazy

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]