Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Seth Rex
I don't know if anyone thought of this... But what if the Ghostbusters hit Vigo with the Slime Blowers first, instead of the Proton streams? Do you think the battle would have gone a different direction?
By Coover5
That has a lot of potential, almost too much so. I think giving Vigo "ammo" even if it is positively charged would have really upped that ending. He could have formed the slime into minions (like the scoleri brothers), used it as a weapons of sorts on the Busters, converted the Statue of Liberty into a destructive force, or formed a building of his own where the laws of physics don't apply. I think the ideas that come from it wouldn't have been possible back then but man I'd love to see something like that now.
It would've been funny if they hosed him with so much positive mood slime that he turned all lovey dovey and starting hugging the Ghostbusters or something, and singing along with the crowd outside the museum, and then the Ghostbusters trap him right when he's being the nicest guy ever (kinda like that Funny or Die short).
NickFame13 liked this
Coover5 wrote: June 11th, 2019, 1:12 pm That has a lot of potential, almost too much so. I think giving Vigo "ammo" even if it is positively charged would have really upped that ending. He could have formed the slime into minions (like the scoleri brothers), used it as a weapons of sorts on the Busters, converted the Statue of Liberty into a destructive force, or formed a building of his own where the laws of physics don't apply. I think the ideas that come from it wouldn't have been possible back then but man I'd love to see something like that now.
I remember reading somewhere that Ivan wanted to up the ante of the final showdown with Vigo but they literally just ran out of time. The idea was something like Vigo makes other paintings in the museum come alive and attack the ghostbusters but at that point ILM had already turned away extra visual effect shots and subcontracted the work to Appogee & Phil Tippet & others.

What's interesting is the final showdown with Vigo we ended up with was already greatly expanded from what was in the shooting script. But Ivan just couldn't make anymore changes with the release date weeks away. Always makes me wonder what kind of GB2 we would've had if Ivan wouldve agreed to keep the original release date or move it to November/the holiday season(since it has that Holiday vibe anyways). Columbia was scared of releasing the move AFTER Batman so the date was pushed up to the week before. I think they would've been better off releasing it after Batman. Releasing it the week before was a fatal mistake. By the next week Batman dominated every headline in Hollywood. Waiting another month? Going up against Lethal Weapon 2, which was rated R, would've been MUCH smarter.
RedSpecial, Kingpin liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 11th, 2019, 12:33 pm Probably shortened, with less pain and Ray not getting possessed, but the battle as it went down makes for a more satisfying movie. :)
Hey Kingpin. Why does my post that mentions lethal weapon 2 have a link that directs to some random website? I DID NOT put that in my post?? I'm a Luddite when it comes to those coding things. All I did was type the title "Lethal Weapon 2" and now you a click on it and it takes you to some random webpage. It looks like a dereputable website.

** Anyone Reading this please don't click on the lethal weapon link in my comment. I did not create that link**

Edit: and now it looks like it's gone. What the heck is going on? Did anyone else see that? You could click on the words Lethal Weapon 2 and it took you to some Amazon/eBay knock off website

edit number 2: it's back now. Here's the direct link incase it disappear again so y'all know I'm not crazy: http://i.viglink.com/?key=4f8e88e761fef ... %2Fspan%3E
Kingpin wrote: July 24th, 2019, 3:07 pm It's something I and other members have been noticing for about a month now, I've no explaination for it.
Seriously? Thats pretty weird. Sounds like maybe a security breach. I'm not sure how the system here works but maybe a warning should be sent to users? I don't know. If it's a link in the text does it mean this person or entity was able to log into my account & edit that into a link? Do you have any like MOD powers to see if that comment was edited?

But yeah maybe a notice or something should be sent to users to be on the look out for weird links they didn't make. I don't want anyone thinking I linked to that and potentially use the service.
By BRD 527
I have been noticing that too lately how odd...

Back On Topic :mrgreen:

They should have waited and put it up against Lethal Weapon 2 that was the worst movie in the franchise :sigh:
By Kingpin
Being able to edit posts is one of my Mod powers, and whatever the hyperlink is, it isn't a url code that's been edited into the post body, it's something else... At first I suspected whether it was a browser hijack of some sort, though I can't say whether that theory's been disproven by the fact other people beyond myself have seen it.
BRD 527 wrote: July 24th, 2019, 4:29 pm I have been noticing that too lately how odd...

Back On Topic :mrgreen:

They should have waited and put it up against Lethal Weapon 2 that was the worst movie in the franchise :sigh:
Seriously? That's an interesting take. The 2nd Lethal Weapon is largely considered to be the best lethal weapon film of all. I haven't seen it an awhile but I remember enjoying it quite a bit.

The reason I think it couldve stood up better to Lethal Weapon 2 is that it was an R-Rated movie vs PG for Ghostbusters 2.

It seems lost to history that Ghostbusters II opening weekend broke the record for biggest opening weekend of all time. Just shy of 30 million dollars. The very next week along come Batman & beats Ghostbusters 2 record right out of the water before anyone like Gusiness had a chance to write in the record books.

It's amazing eh? Avengers End Game opens to almost 300 million in a single weekend. Meanwhile in 1989 Batman brings in 40 million the week after Ghostbusters 2 makes 29 million and THAT was a big deal. I remember when Spider-Man opened to 114 million back in 2002 and no one thought that would ever be topped. Now a sub 80 million weekend for big budget movies is considered weak. Crazy. Just crazy.
By BatDan
as far as them not using the Slime blowers on Vigo first. i always took it as that they didnt think the slime would have an effect on a ghost..since it's made from ghosts in the first place.

i know in the script..that after they drop down from Liberty..they slime the painting as Vigo is trying to escape from it.

In an early draft..i believe Vigo possesses Liberty and they have to attach their proton packs to the telephone poles or something to defeat him.
As someone who was on the front lines with theatre audiences back in the day, I will tell you there was some excitement for “Ghostbusters 2” but NOTHING could touch the anticipation for “Batman.” It was insane. When “Ghostbusters 2” opened, audiences were somewhat disappointed that it didn’t recreate the magic of the first film. The Statue of Liberty scene often received audible groans from the audience. Then “Batman” hit and “Ghostbusters 2” faded away quickly. I believe it only held for 6 weeks as other summer product pushed it out.

Unsure if pushing it post “Batman” would have helped. Disney had already counter programmed “Batman” and “Lethal Weapon 2” with “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.” The latter played all summer long. Ghostbusters would have competed with “Honey” and probably lost that battle too.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed “Ghostbusters 2” from the get-go. It was lighter in tone than the first and I was disappointed audiences couldn’t see past their expectations. But the public is fickle.
Sav C liked this
bishopdonmiguel wrote: July 24th, 2019, 7:25 pm As someone who was on the front lines with theatre audiences back in the day, I will tell you there was some excitement for “Ghostbusters 2” but NOTHING could touch the anticipation for “Batman.” It was insane. When “Ghostbusters 2” opened, audiences were somewhat disappointed that it didn’t recreate the magic of the first film. The Statue of Liberty scene often received audible groans from the audience. Then “Batman” hit and “Ghostbusters 2” faded away quickly. I believe it only held for 6 weeks as other summer product pushed it out.

Unsure if pushing it post “Batman” would have helped. Disney had already counter programmed “Batman” and “Lethal Weapon 2” with “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.” The latter played all summer long. Ghostbusters would have competed with “Honey” and probably lost that battle too.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed “Ghostbusters 2” from the get-go. It was lighter in tone than the first and I was disappointed audiences couldn’t see past their expectations. But the public is fickle.

I think pushing to November would've been the best move, you don't have Back to the Future 2 until December, again you have the holiday theme. It just would've worked better. Then again, the misconception that audiences were disappointed with Ghostbusters 2 doesn't really hold too much water. It recieved an A cinemascore if memory serves. That's a fairly good indication of how regular audiences think. I mean, the Statue of Liberty getting groans is interesting since it was featured in the marketing so heavily. I know Siskel and Ebert panned GB2 as well. One of them had it on his worst of '89 reviews. I'm a big Roger Ebert fan and it's always bugged me how there's never been a print version of his review online. I'm dying to read it. Did he not write one? That'd be strange. He reviewed on the TV show.

It's funny. Batman did to Ghostbusters 2 what Ghostbusters did to Gremlins and Gremlins also had a holiday theme. Weird eh?
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]