Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By *NormalGamer*
https://graphicpolicy.com/2019/08/21/ha ... s-license/
Today, Sony Pictures Consumer Products announced that Hasbro has been named the master toy licensee for Ghostbusters worldwide. Under the terms of the agreement, Hasbro will create a wide variety of toys inspired by the franchise and its entertainment properties globally designed to appeal to both fans of the original franchise, and a new generation of Ghostbusters around the world. Hasbro’s Ghostbusters line will be available in 2020, aligning with the highly anticipated new Ghostbusters movie that is slated for Summer 2020 in the U.S.

The upcoming product line marks a return to the Ghostbusters franchise by Hasbro. From 1986 to 1991, Kenner, which is now part of Hasbro, created and marketed The Real Ghostbusters toy line, with many of the original developers from Kenner still working with Hasbro. More recently, Hasbro collaborated with Sony Pictures to create the Transformers Generations Collaborative: Ghostbusters Mash-Up Ecto-1 Ectotron. Additionally, a Transformers / Ghostbusters crossover comic series is now available from IDW. These collaborations honor both brands’ 35th anniversaries this year.
Nice.
By Ghostytheghost
Since the Hasbro stuff mentions the FRANCHISE rather than the original/2020 movie, does that mean everyone's covered or is it wishful thinking? I'd go gaga for new stuff based off Real and Extreme, especially prop items of the unique equipment! ATC could have something like Rowan's devices used to initiate the Fourth Cataclysm. The Extreme PKE Meter and Ghost Trap! RGB PROTON PACK! ACTUAL WEARABLE SLIME BLOWERS!

Got a bit carried away for a second. Still could be a lot of fun.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Ectojeff88
I just want some consistency across all new figure lines. I want to mix & match RGB retro with classic and 2020 film characters in an Ecto-1 and firehouse. All same scale, all together!

And of course- I desperately want a Kenner Trap reissue/upgrade. The air pump and glow doors were so perfect, and newer toy engineering could surely make it more amazing!
By deadderek
Normally I'd be skeptical about seeing any RGB stuff in 2019...but then again we have the Spirit Halloween costumes so I guess anything would be possible.

Extreme Ghostbusters doesn't get nearly enough love, it'd be cool to see some new stuff based on it.

ATC I don't think we'll see any merchandise at all for.
By Slime Lord
Wishful thinking that we could finally get RGB re-issues and re-releases all these years later, but how awesome would that be. At the very least, the more popular and rare RGB toys along with the unreleased ones, like Egon's lab.
By ShiftyHenry
Wishful thinking that we could finally get RGB re-issues and re-releases all these years later, but how awesome would that be. At the very least, the more popular and rare RGB toys along with the unreleased ones, like Egon's lab.
They teased a retro release at Fan Fest...I would say the original 4 figures are a safe bet.
[SPOILERS] NEW GB MOVIE SUMMER 2020!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/calgaryherald.com/ent[…]

Thanks for the photos. This thread is really goin[…]

3D printed Proton Pack project

Those prints are looking nice and clean! Keep it u[…]

Ecto Goggles Build

I am super stoked that the community is enjoying t[…]