Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
https://graphicpolicy.com/2019/08/21/ha ... s-license/
Today, Sony Pictures Consumer Products announced that Hasbro has been named the master toy licensee for Ghostbusters worldwide. Under the terms of the agreement, Hasbro will create a wide variety of toys inspired by the franchise and its entertainment properties globally designed to appeal to both fans of the original franchise, and a new generation of Ghostbusters around the world. Hasbro’s Ghostbusters line will be available in 2020, aligning with the highly anticipated new Ghostbusters movie that is slated for Summer 2020 in the U.S.

The upcoming product line marks a return to the Ghostbusters franchise by Hasbro. From 1986 to 1991, Kenner, which is now part of Hasbro, created and marketed The Real Ghostbusters toy line, with many of the original developers from Kenner still working with Hasbro. More recently, Hasbro collaborated with Sony Pictures to create the Transformers Generations Collaborative: Ghostbusters Mash-Up Ecto-1 Ectotron. Additionally, a Transformers / Ghostbusters crossover comic series is now available from IDW. These collaborations honor both brands’ 35th anniversaries this year.
Nice.
Since the Hasbro stuff mentions the FRANCHISE rather than the original/2020 movie, does that mean everyone's covered or is it wishful thinking? I'd go gaga for new stuff based off Real and Extreme, especially prop items of the unique equipment! ATC could have something like Rowan's devices used to initiate the Fourth Cataclysm. The Extreme PKE Meter and Ghost Trap! RGB PROTON PACK! ACTUAL WEARABLE SLIME BLOWERS!

Got a bit carried away for a second. Still could be a lot of fun.
*NormalGamer* liked this
I just want some consistency across all new figure lines. I want to mix & match RGB retro with classic and 2020 film characters in an Ecto-1 and firehouse. All same scale, all together!

And of course- I desperately want a Kenner Trap reissue/upgrade. The air pump and glow doors were so perfect, and newer toy engineering could surely make it more amazing!
Normally I'd be skeptical about seeing any RGB stuff in 2019...but then again we have the Spirit Halloween costumes so I guess anything would be possible.

Extreme Ghostbusters doesn't get nearly enough love, it'd be cool to see some new stuff based on it.

ATC I don't think we'll see any merchandise at all for.
Wishful thinking that we could finally get RGB re-issues and re-releases all these years later, but how awesome would that be. At the very least, the more popular and rare RGB toys along with the unreleased ones, like Egon's lab.
Slime Lord wrote:Wishful thinking that we could finally get RGB re-issues and re-releases all these years later, but how awesome would that be. At the very least, the more popular and rare RGB toys along with the unreleased ones, like Egon's lab.
They teased a retro release at Fan Fest...I would say the original 4 figures are a safe bet.
This news is the reason why i stopped myself from buying a Proton Pack from Spirit Halloween.

If Hasbro is considering on making a mass variety of Ghostbusters Products, im hopin...and IM REEEEALLY HOPIN'. That Hasbro will release 1:1 scale prop Proton Packs and Accessories!

It wouldnt surprise me if they did cause they already make Marvel and Star Wars cosplay props! If they didnt, id be a major mistake.

But think about how awesome it would be if the first one they release is the G1 Proton Pack!! And the second prop could be a working foot pad activated ghost trap!
The second one would be The Real Ghostbusters (TAS) Proton Pack, and continue the line as it goes!

Again im really hopin they release a full scale pack, because if Spirit can make one 20% shrunk, and only be $69.99? Hasbro can make a $100 one to scale with everything you need!!

Lemme know what you guys think?
infinacy liked this
I am hoping that when Toy Fair held in February, Hasbro will have some prototypes of the toys to show off. The recent video that Ghostbusters News did on You Tube, really excited me. Especially if they will be reissuing the original Real Ghostbusters action figures at stores.
By SSJmole
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote: December 12th, 2019, 11:40 am I am hoping that when Toy Fair held in February, Hasbro will have some prototypes of the toys to show off. The recent video that Ghostbusters News did on You Tube, really excited me. Especially if they will be reissuing the original Real Ghostbusters action figures at stores.

They will. They've probably deliberately held back like they do with the marvel and Star wars toys trill a trailer or 2 is out so they don't spoil too much
I just posted this in the Toy/Merch Speculation in the Afterlife forum, but it might fit better here.

https://youtu.be/tkl_0KQCvKw

Plasma series will be the equivalent to black series. Six characters, 8 figures, so 2 duplicates in wave 1. The OGBs will be 4 of them. The youtuber guesses that the other 2 will be from Afterlife, but my guess would be 2 of Louis, Janine, Dana, Gozer, Slimer, Stay Puft, or Vigo. I have my doubts they would mix Afterlife into this first wave that comes out in early June.
vincentgonzo wrote:This news is the reason why i stopped myself from buying a Proton Pack from Spirit Halloween.

If Hasbro is considering on making a mass variety of Ghostbusters Products, im hopin...and IM REEEEALLY HOPIN'. That Hasbro will release 1:1 scale prop Proton Packs and Accessories!

It wouldnt surprise me if they did cause they already make Marvel and Star Wars cosplay props! If they didnt, id be a major mistake.

But think about how awesome it would be if the first one they release is the G1 Proton Pack!! And the second prop could be a working foot pad activated ghost trap!
The second one would be The Real Ghostbusters (TAS) Proton Pack, and continue the line as it goes!

Again im really hopin they release a full scale pack, because if Spirit can make one 20% shrunk, and only be $69.99? Hasbro can make a $100 one to scale with everything you need!!

Lemme know what you guys think?
I honestly believe there's absolutely ZERO chance that it'll happen. An affordable, mass produced, full scale proton pack replica will never happen. There's just too much risk involved. If Hasbro produces too many, they lose money. If they limit production, then the price skyrockets, nobody wants to spend the money on something that exists elsewhere for less money. If they shrink it down in size to cut cost then you're back to the dollar store toy that is the Spirit pack. There's nothing wrong with hoping it will happen. I would just be someone that would bet against it.
Toy Fair is on February 22 this year. I have read on the official website for Toy Fair that Hasbro will have major presence at the show and they will be showing of their Ghostbusters line up. I could not be more excited now, I hope that in addition to figures based on characters from the original two movies Hasbro has plans to reissue the Real Ghostbusters action figures.
NotSabbat liked this
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]