Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Seth Rex
Anyone have any answers as to how vehicles can have ghosts in the movies? I'm particularly refering to the train and the Titanic. Is it more that the energy from the ghosts themselves is creating these visual representations of the vehicles they died in?
By mrmichaelt
I always thought the vehicles are one of two things:

1. Spectral emanations generated by the P.K.E. of the ghost driving it or the collective P.K.E. of the number of ghosts and whether the emanation is corporeal or non-corporeal is based on the classification of the ghost. If it's a Class 3, they're not cognizant of their own identity and are a repeater, it's ethereal. If it's a Class 4 and up, it could be corporeal more so if they completely know who they are and/or have malignant intent.
OR
2. A ghost of the vehicle manifested from the vehicle being destroyed in a charged event like a massacre or natural disaster. So this would be a repeater and/or anchored to the area doing the same thing over and over.

So the Ghost Train, I would say it's #2 and the Titanic is #1 for example.
By Kingpin
I dunno, the Titanic could also fall into the second category due to the violent nature of the sinking, the emotions wrapped up in the disaster as it unfolded, and the substantial loss of life in a single event.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:I dunno, the Titanic could also fall into the second category due to the violent nature of the sinking, the emotions wrapped up in the disaster as it unfolded, and the substantial loss of life in a single event.
The reason why I think the Titanic is an emanation is because in the movie it concluded its trip and arrived in New York City. If it were a ghost, it would be more likely, imo, that it would be an anchored repeater that manifests between Southampton and Newfoundland. I don't discount the fact there is also probably a ghost of the Titanic as well.
By glavesick
Kingpin wrote: November 10th, 2019, 11:47 am I dunno, the Titanic could also fall into the second category due to the violent nature of the sinking, the emotions wrapped up in the disaster as it unfolded, and the substantial loss of life in a single event.
Agree.
By BatDan
My guess is the spectral vehicle is created out of culmination of several energies and spirits.

One being the PKE energy picked up by the train/vehicle itself during its lifespan, the consistent physicality of people getting on and off, the energy of its own self getting from place to place.

Another factor is the attachment the living persons have to the vehicle. If it was something they did everyday in their routine. Especially if there was a central conductor/captain/driver whose life was the vehicle.

The other factor is in most residual hauntings, the apparition repeats its everyday "life", repeating the seconds/minutes before its death. (or repeating it's death over and over) especially in terms of a tragic crash or sinking.

Ghost Ships and Ghost Trains i believe are a culmination of these factors. rather than being the 'ghost' of an inanimate object, it's more the energies that took place within and the attachments to the lives and deaths of the passengers.

of course the ones in the movies are played for laughs, so they bend the rules a bit.
Kingpin liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]