Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By ROBOrob77
I just got done watching gb2 on a hd movie channel, and I must say, it's not nearly as bad as I remember it; although some of the dana/venkman scenes still annoy the hell out of me... :boogieman:
Anyways, I noticed the darker costume (is it dark blue or charcaol? it's hard to tell) has no leg hose. Plus, I think it would've been pretty cool if they only wore the darker costume throughout the whole movie.
By dtblack
I find it odd that the promotional materials like the poster feature the Ghostbusters in their dark uniforms, but the only time we see them in the movie is during the montage (save for Winston who's wearing his casually at one point in the firehouse). It's even odder that the poster features Ray and Winston with their Slime Blowers. I kind of wish the guys had used their standard uniforms throughout the rest of the movie, and then worn the dark ones for the big finale.
By dtblack
Considering you have characters like Batman wearing black in nothing BUT night shots... I don't think it would have been a problem. I think the dark uniforms would have been more fitting for the final battle than lost in the middle of the movie.
I personally would have liked to see more of the dark uniforms... the gray/khaki ones are iconic but the variety is good... I wonder if they mixed it up in the movie because of the multi colored uniforms in the cartoon, considering that the studio seems to have leeched off the cartoon's popularity a bit when making the movie.
The dark suits would work for someone like batman but I think they stuck to the grey ones NOT ONLY cause Batman was coming out at the same time but also for the same reason Ecto wasn't painted black like intended, they wanted us to be able to see it. They didn't want the movie too dark.
I just wanted to post this because many people debate over the color of the suit! One of our members from the AZ GB's asked Aykroyd about it because we were having an in group debate on the suits color. Mr Aykroyd himself said that the suits were a blackish gray!
Ghostbuster1701 wrote:think they stuck to the grey ones
where are you getting this "gray" from?

the only suits that should be considered gray are the Charcoal Gray GB2 suits, everything else was tan/khaki.
kind2311 wrote:
Ghostbuster1701 wrote:think they stuck to the grey ones
where are you getting this "gray" from?

the only suits that should be considered gray are the Charcoal Gray GB2 suits, everything else was tan/khaki.
I'm saying "grey" cause of GB1 when Casey Kasem called them "The boys in grey" on the radio.
The GB2 uniforms were definitely a dark charcoal color and the GB1 uniforms were a light grey, I have no idea where the tan/khaki color uniforms originated from to be honest.
Jairus wrote:They originated from the suits being khaki.

GB1 - Khaki

GB2 - Khaki
GB2 - Charcoal Grey

There is no light grey or blue. None.
:eyeroll: Haha, you must be color blind, the GB1 suits were clearly light Grey.
Ron Daniels wrote:Please tell me you aren't serious.
vlcsnap-807871.png
Look at that deep brown color. Grey does not make!
Well yead i do care,i was stupid to say that,i do want to know if it's charcoal,but i just think people are gonna start fighting over it,getting out of hand and so on :whatever:
Spiked-Angie wrote::eyeroll: Haha, you must be color blind, the GB1 suits were clearly light Grey.
Alright

if these suits look gray to you then you are the one who is colorblind. they may have appeared to have a gray tint on screen due to lighting and the type of film used, but they WERE NOT LIGHT GRAY OR ANY OTHER SHADE OF GRAY. See those elbow pads? THOSE are light gray.

they may have appeared to have a gray tint on screen due to lighting and the type of film used, but they WERE NOT GRAY
Last edited by kind2311 on July 6th, 2009, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those arent nomex suits in GB1. They are air force flightsuits made of ripstop cotton fabric, and yes they were a slightly differnt shade of Khaki/Tan than the ones made today. the ones made today are adjusted to more closely match the desert theaters of todays modern warfare.
Spiked-Angie wrote:The GB2 uniforms were definitely a dark charcoal color and the GB1 uniforms were a light grey, I have no idea where the tan/khaki color uniforms originated from to be honest.

Are you on drugs? The bastards were khaki and they were not nomex!
kind2311 wrote:Those arent nomex suits in GB1. They are air force flightsuits made of ripstop cotton fabric, and yes they were a slightly differnt shade of Khaki/Tan than the ones made today. the ones made today are adjusted to more closely match the desert theaters of todays modern warfare.
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to imply that the original suits were Nomex. Just that the Nomex suits are what is considered to be the best of the best for what we can get today, and the color just looks much more brown than the tan/khaki suits from the movie.

So while the GB1 suits weren't necessarily grey, they sure weren't this Nomex brown.
Desert Tan was sort of invented in 1989/1990 when we decided to heavily invest operations in the middle east. Prior to that the Khaki used by the military was a lot more muted and less brown to fit in with foliage.
No prob, Garvin. I didn't necessarily think you were addressing me. Which is why I quoted kind, specifcially to respond to him. Thanks though.

Ron - considering the info you just posted, do you think maybe if we were to dull down the Nomex suits somehow that they might make a more accurate representation than dying them?
:eyeroll:

Suits look grey here...

and here...

Even on the video games their suits are Grey, and I'm sure the creators went through pain staking measures to make sure every detail stayed true to the movies.

even Egon's action figure is sporting a grey suit:

I think the only khaki suit is Winston's... Peter, Ray and Egon's suits were LIGHT GREY. :eyeroll:
You realize that the first two pics you posted are over 20 years old,those were freaking promo shots and they are way too f****g dark to be able to tell color from.

Seriously lady,you need to get your eyes checked,the suits are khaki not gray,
Okay well half this message board must be color blind then. :P

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]