Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By adamag
What big huge announcent will the following at San Diego Comic Con ? If Ghostbusters The Video Game is successful, what would you want?

A brand new Animated TV Series

A Direct - to - DVD Movie

CGI Movie

New toys
Things I would love to see...

A new animated series, more geared towards an older audience. Kind of like Clone Wars or (as said before) The Spectacular Spider-Man.

A new weekly live-action tv series. Something dramatic with a dark sense of humor that really shows the kind of nightmarish things Ghostbusters have to face on a daily basis.

A CGI movie (with the original boys) in one of the styles mentioned above.

An announcement that Sony will be building me my own Ecto-1.

Things I wouldn't mind seeing...

A new monthly comic book from 88mph.

A new series/spinoff modeled after the Extreme Ghostbusters.

A CGI movie with the original Ghostbusters training a new team.

The Real Ghostbusters (complete series) on dvd.

Things I hope NOT to see...

A remake of the original movie.

A Ghostbusters-themed reality tv show.
I had a vision few days ago about the announcement: It's going to be updated special effects and such to the original movie and it will be released on Blu-Ray and also on DVD. Ivan Reitman always thought "the effects were incomplete but fortunately the audience didn't care", so now he decided to 'update' them like Lucas did with the original Star Wars trilogy.

If I remember correctly the ad about Comic Con featured a "PG"-mark meaning the content is already rated, meaning it's either the 1st or the 2nd Ghostbusters.

What do you think? Could it be that? :sigh:
Last edited by late on May 28th, 2008, 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't think they kept all the original footage (without SFX).

I think it'll be only a bluray release,

but I want a bluray release AND a real annoncement : another Ghostbusters film with original cast and the original way of making films.
The Blu Ray release isn't really news is it?

We've known for a very long time it's been coming despite the official announcement only clarifying that it will be in the autumn/winter?

I can not wait for the game.

But I'm greedy I'm just hoping there's something else, I'd love something to materialize in the way of a film, or a big budget live action tv show .
I'd really like to see an ongoing TV series, a live action third film, or both. The Video Game, Blu Ray release, and Time Life RGB DVD Box set all have me pretty satisfied at the moment. Anything extra now, especially after so many years of teasing a third movie, seems like icing on the cake.
What would I like to see?

Well, i do agree with all the responese before me....

But my choices??? If the game does exceptionally well??

A new animated series, but with the ORIGINAL boys is grey, but a little darker and more humor than RGB...
New action figures base on the likenesses of the characters from the first film (Hey, McFarlane!!)
Or even a CGI film with the guys training a new team...but not the XGB...

but then again, I'm being greedy (a little) too!!
:cool:
I gotta say i would love to see a live action tv series or in a cartoon, similar in style to RGB but more darker (if this was the case, then i would like all 4 of the original actors lending there voices for there respective roles for the cartoon versions)

& and to see ALL the RGB seasons out & offically releashed (still have my fingers crossed on this & watching another thread very closely)
By Ecto_Zech
I blieve that it could possibly lead to a franchise just like The Real Ghostbusters. What do you all think and what sould happen with more GB Toys and merchandise.

MERGED!:cool:
By Crix
enchanted unicorn wrote:on second thought, it will be a licensed ghostbusters douche bag with particle thrower shaped tip.sorry guys I just had to. man I'm tired.here's an artists conception:

what the...
By Mjollnir
Interesting...

I'd like to see a new series(cartoon, live-action or both), and new action figures based on both character models from the video games.
By Ecto_Zech
Wow we have been getting so many responses from everyone! I'd like so see a Cartoon like the "old" style again but add some CGI to it. Thatd be hawt! For toys... "Kenner" style again.... (brings back memories), comics, games, clothing, etc...

WORD! ^^V
I like the idea of the proton gun with lights and sound. Jeez, just think how much easier our wiring jobs would be if we could buy the gun electronics pre-built like that!
Whether it's gonna be the announcement or not, I do think we're overdue a live-action series. What with CGI being at the state it is, the old problems that led to RGB being animated have now gone. It can be done, it MUST be done!
As for the annoucement, idealy I'd like it to be that New York has become overrun with ghosts and they need someone to utilize the newly created functional proton packs to clean up the town. But that's kind of unlikely....
By Mjollnir
Well since MR is doing scale 1:1 packs with lights and sounds(i think).

Also, for clarification, if there was a new cartoon series made I'd want it made in Dapper Dan style.
By JackIvyGB
A dapper dan GB animation gets my vote as well!
Another option, if not an animated series, could be DTV animated movies, similar to what DC has been doing. GB could be done in different styles, we could get JMS, Aykroyd (you KNOW he has more ideas for GB in his head. Maybe something based on his early GB concepts?), whoever to write for it and since it's a stand alone movie, they won't be contractually tied to a series. Could be a way to get more stories like the game that should be told, but perhaps not in a live action movie. Stories that are like a REALLY GOOD cartoon episode, only 3 times as long.
We could get modern RGB designs (like 88mph's original comic concept art), Dapper Dan's more movie based stuff, even an experiment in anime like Batman: Gotham Knight ( QUALITY anime like Ghost in the shell style).
We could have 2 or so a year, written by quality writers, with Aykroyd on as creative consultant since it would only be a couple movies a year. Maybe even get the original cast to do the voices, since it would take even less time than the game to record the voice acting.

Outside of animation, I think it'd be cool to have a post GB3 live action show series based on the CSI method, where we're now in a world where GB has gone world wide, so we can have GB: Phoenix, GB: Boston, GB: UK, GB: Tokyo, GB: Austin, GB: WHEREVER!!! Each series could have a different feel, while still retaining that balance of Horror and comedy, like the show Supernatural does a great job of.
By Icer Rose
I want GB cereal with little marshmallows, like the good ol' RGB cereal from back in the day, I miss that stuff.
By Dreamstalker
Live action series would be cool, I'm sure we could find more than enough people here interested in participating.

Ecto Cooler definitely. I have yet to come up with a mixture that gets it right (if Surge still existed, I would probably have an easier time coming up with a substitute).

Possibly a rerelease of the Ghostbusters RPG using the d20/GURPS system).
By teabelly83
Sorry guys if this has been posted, but would LOVE to see neca do another set of these of the guys as series 2. i liked the ghosts series even if some didnt, but i liked them, so some smaller action figure sized 1s of the guys would be cool.
By Zack
MERGED for some GB merchandisy goodness in here! :cool:

Unfortunately before, the reason the ghosts were done first and not the guys is they were trying to secure the rights. I think their license ended anyway. At the time I think Bill Murray was the holdout.

Who knows if they will ever get made! There are some Kubrick Ghostbusters, just haven't heard anything about them in a LONG while.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]