Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Coover5
just imagine how cool packs toys and trap toys would be now considering how fancy toys are getting. am i the only one who would love GB equipment to come out as toys to play with. yes i'm 18 but we all know there is never an age that means u have to stop playing with proton packs.
a little note. does any one remember how much the proton packs cost from RGB and EGB?
By Borzou
Coover5 wrote:just imagine how cool packs toys and trap toys would be now considering how fancy toys are getting. am i the only one who would love GB equipment to come out as toys to play with. yes i'm 18 but we all know there is never an age that means u have to stop playing with proton packs.
a little note. does any one remember how much the proton packs cost from RGB and EGB?
I think it's high time a prop replica company picked up the GB license and made some "official" prop replicas. I think it would be pretty sweet. I'm sure there have been discussions in the past on why this hasn't happened yet, but I like to it's because the companies come to this site and think, "Screw it, they do it much better anyway."
By LordVego
borzou99 wrote:
Coover5 wrote:just imagine how cool packs toys and trap toys would be now considering how fancy toys are getting. am i the only one who would love GB equipment to come out as toys to play with. yes i'm 18 but we all know there is never an age that means u have to stop playing with proton packs.
I think it's high time a prop replica company picked up the GB license and made some "official" prop replicas. I think it would be pretty sweet. I'm sure there have been discussions in the past on why this hasn't happened yet, but I like to it's because the companies come to this site and think, "Screw it, they do it much better anyway."
someone actually is doing this, but it hasn't been revealed what it is yet.. i don't remember the company though
By Zack
I think it's been discussed they likely would never make proton packs due to the size/expense? I mean look how much it takes to put one together for us guys :D It wouldn't be cheap that's for sure, I remember people saying. I believe the company was Master Replicas. Those are big boy toys though :D
By abaka
Master Replica were reportedly up to something but no word as of yet!

In terms of why there's been nothing made yet by an official prop company is mainly due to the fact that it's never gonna be cost effective...A full scale proton pack would cost thousands plus we've been making better packs than the ones in the movie for years now so I doubht a prop company would do better. Only real market a prop company would have from us is something like the PKE meter, it would be affordable and it's something not everybody can create themselves.

Another reason is possible because Sony seem to clutch onto the GB licence for dear life.
By Coover5
Zack wrote:I think it's been discussed they likely would never make proton packs due to the size/expense? I mean look how much it takes to put one together for us guys :D It wouldn't be cheap that's for sure, I remember people saying. I believe the company was Master Replicas. Those are big boy toys though :D
i think thye might be a reasonable price since whatever company it would be buying these in bulk prices.tho no matter what the price is it's still more than i have
By Mjollnir
Indeed. It'd be nice if we got figures based off of both versions of the video game. Plus the figures for all three rookie models as well as new ghosts from the game.
By LordVego
The owner of atoy collector store thing on the boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ (and it actually is a very very respectable place for being on the boardwalk) told me that NECA's license was allowing them to come out with toys in 09, and were able make 'all of the guys', as he said. I wasn't sure what he meant, and didn't feel like clarifying, but I assume that's a good sign of actual GBs? Anyone hear anything like this?
By Coover5
With the soon to be released PKE METER showing how cool toys can be What are everyone's thoughts on what the pack/trap/pke meter toys would be like if released now?
Coover5 wrote:With the soon to be released PKE METER showing how cool toys can be What are everyone's thoughts on what the pack/trap/pke meter toys would be like if released now?
Same as always. Made as cheaply as possible and sold for as much as possible. Perhaps containing lead paint from China.
By Iggy
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:Same as always. Made as cheaply as possible and sold for as much as possible. Perhaps containing lead paint from China.
Stop licking them, and you won't have a problem!
By CJay
Coover5 wrote:With the soon to be released PKE METER showing how cool toys can be What are everyone's thoughts on what the pack/trap/pke meter toys would be like if released now?
I see a trap in the future, but if they did a pack, you'd have a bunch of the naysayers looking at all the missing details missing in order to make a pack affordable. And as a high end collectible, I see Mattel selling it for a little over 150 bones, but without a lot of the nicknacks and gadgetry apparent on the pack.
By ropzu
Toys not meant for display are mainly marketed for kids. Kids don't care much about the details -> the toys are mishaped hunks of plastic in colorful packages.

In the other hand, "toys" (or replicas or models) made for adults that are screen-accurate and use real materials don't have much bueyrs -> they are not manufactured.
By Coover5
Coover5 wrote: July 21st, 2010, 9:05 pm With the soon to be released PKE METER showing how cool toys can be What are everyone's thoughts on what the pack/trap/pke meter toys would be like if released now?
9 years later we have our answers. I'm looking forward to seeing how GB20 toys vary from the original toys if GB20 uses the classic equipment.

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]