Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Zack
wondering what other people thought if it seemed weird or if anyone ever gave any thought to the fact that Venkman never says "I love you" to Dana? Right at the end, it's not that I really expect it, or even maybe that I'd want it in there. The first movie he knew Dana was different and was the whole reason he went along with the Ghostbusters/saving the world thing to impress and save her in the end.

GB2 acknowledges that he screwed up, lost her and they've become distant and then get back together. I guess GB: The Video Game will work around that and maybe Venkman and Dana weren't meant to be? Albeit because of Sigourney's lack of wanting to do it maybe?

I guess it's the more Han Solo badass thing of how smooth Venkman is. "Spread out shorty" then he pushes a baby out of the way to kiss the girl :D Like the cartoon, Venkman was able to freely chase tail without being attached to Dana or any one woman. I guess that's ultimately how he rolls and definetly is the character and made for the funniest moments. No one wants to see Peter Venkman chained down. I imagine they were in love but it was never a huge point to say it. Though it's funny a slime covered Ray professes his love of everyone, so it makes up for it. I love that moment more and more, it's just so ridiculous, these two guys covered in slime, the music and Dan Aykroyd and Peter Macnicol especially sell it.

"Hey...man..let me tell you something..I love you"
"Yes?
"Yeah"
"Well I love you too!"
By Coover5
actually i never noticed that lolo tho venkman doesn;t seem the type of guy to say it, it would have been nice for himt o say something along those lines liek "dana i super duper times infinity really really like you."
By Hasford1978
Yeah i think of Venkman like a Han Solo type of guy, a mans man who is to selfish or self centered to say i love u, just seems uncool for characters like this to say such things which of course makes them interesting to watch :cool:
By abaka
Han Solo did say I love you though in Return of the Jedi

I just don't think it's suitable in the Ghostbusters comedy aura for someone to be professing actual love...Espescially not the maverick of the movie.
By Busterchris
Venkman is like Maverick in Top Gun........except none of the other GB's dies like goose did. he doesn't have to say anything, his expressions and actions speak for them selfs i think
By Mjollnir
Peter is like Han. Nuff said.
In GB1 when Venkman tried to sniff out paranormal activity inside of Dana's apartment, he did tell her that he was madly in love with her and that was a really brave thing to say for a eccentric scientist.

No when I turn it off it still keeps firing even t[…]

Awesome! It's a complex but very fun build... Went[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]