Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Tralan
So, as '09 approaches, and GB turns 25, we have a special 25th Anniversary edition of the movie coming to us. My question is this: is it strictly Blu-Ray? Or will it also be released on regular primitive DVD? Cuz I don't have a Blu Ray player, nor do I have any inclination to buy one until A) the price of High def tv's drop, and B) he price of blu ray players drop.
By Coz_UK
It's also the 20th anniversary of GB2... any news of a double pack?
Triple if packed with the game (Bluray = Sony PS3) . Well, I can dream. :)

I should think Bluray players should likely drop in price by release date (is there one? I'd guess next October).

While I would expect a regular DVD release, I would also expect special exclusive content on the BR version. If they could get Dan Aykroyd, Ivan Reitman & Harold Ramis to do a commentary, that'd be sweet.

C.
By thesonofabob
Boomerjinks wrote:Your heart's desire:

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2008/07/24 ... -magazine/

That's cool. The DVD version sounds better. I mean come one. You get slime, trading cards, and a Stay Puft figure. Gentlemen. I do believe were are in the presence of the second coming of the Ghostbusters phenomenon.

We've got:

Ghostbusters: The Video Game - this fall or spring
The Real Ghostbusters DVD Box set - this november
Ghosbusters Blu-Ray and 25 anniversary DVD box set - October 21
Also, has anyone else noticed a huge sure in GB merchandise in stores lately.

The next 14 months are going to be undeniably AWESOME :cool:
By Tralan
A bunch of us should meet up on New Years eve and summon Gozer to commemorate the 25th Anniversary....
By thesonofabob
Tralan wrote:A bunch of us should meet up on New Years eve and summon Gozer to commemorate the 25th Anniversary....
If it's on New Year Eve, shouldn't it be Vigo.
By Tralan
New Year's day is the first day of 2009... thus the first day of the Year of Ghostbuster's 25th Anniversary.
By doyoubelieveitnow
thesonofabob wrote:
Boomerjinks wrote:Your heart's desire:

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2008/07/24 ... -magazine/

That's cool. The DVD version sounds better. I mean come one. You get slime, trading cards, and a Stay Puft figure. Gentlemen. I do believe were are in the presence of the second coming of the Ghostbusters phenomenon.

We've got:

Ghostbusters: The Video Game - this fall or spring
The Real Ghostbusters DVD Box set - this november
Ghosbusters Blu-Ray and 25 anniversary DVD box set - October 21
Also, has anyone else noticed a huge sure in GB merchandise in stores lately.

The next 14 months are going to be undeniably AWESOME :cool:
I agree. I've been watching the Real Ghostbusters volume 1 for weeks. Just picked up the game the other day, and now this! I'm sure volume 2 is just over the horizon. Also I heard they're going to be coming out with figurines from the Real Ghostbusters show at some point this summer!

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Also probably different release dates. USA: […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]