Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By fixer79
We probably missed it, but apparently Eddie Murphy is in Ghostbusters II!

This proves again that you can't believe everything you read. They probably heard Murphy was considered for the role of Winston in the original movie and when they heard a sequel was in the make their imagination went wild. :)

This reminds me of an magazine article back in 1990 which said that Michael J. Fox was cast as Robin in Batman Returns. ;)
By EctoCooler
Where did this come from? I can't stop laughing at the fantastic awfulness of it. It looks like one of those cheap hastily produced "fan"magazines I see on the bottom shelf of the magazine rack at the grocery store.
By fixer79
That is correct. That's where I got the image from :)

In fact I was planning to buy it (I'm dying to see what's inside) but I got a letter from the credit card company today that there has been a foreign database hack and to ask me to block my card. So I did...

Oh well.
By fixer79
Ectofiend666 wrote:*I've got a handfull of scans from it...I bought it awhile back...And it's about as silly as it comes...

*Cheers.
Really? Does your copy still had the 'giant painted centerfold'?
Feel free to post your scans, fiend. They'd be more than welcome :)
By Ectofiend666
fixer79 wrote:Really? Does your copy still had the 'giant painted centerfold'?
Feel free to post your scans, fiend. They'd be more than welcome :)
*Yes and yes...However I didn't scan the centerfold, or the entire book, as I was only interested in the rare pics littered throughout the magazine...Anyways, here are the few pages I did scan [please excuse the quality of some of 'em, my scanner still to this day hates me]:

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*I believe someone posted better scans of this over at GBN, but I can't remember :sigh: ...

*Cheers.
By fixer79
Thanks a lot for posting those scans, Ectofiend! The quality's fine... It gives a ghostly quality to the pictures ;)
Apparently, Star Invaders Magazine didn't worry too much about typos... Check out the caption under the fake picture where a ghost (well, a guy in a cheap mask) looks over Danny's shoulder...

"Watch out Dani your, about to be eaten by a ghost"

LOL :sigh:

Thanks again for sharing, Ectofiend ;)
By Ghostbuster1701
They said the rumors about the plot would be about alien ghosts?

That'd be awesome, just think if that would have happened then their'd be no scientologists cause the ghostbusters stopped it!!!

TAKE THAT TOM CRUISE!!!
By Ectofiend666
fixer79 wrote:Apparently, Star Invaders Magazine didn't worry too much about typos... Check out the caption under the fake picture where a ghost (well, a guy in a cheap mask) looks over Danny's shoulder...
*Well that and they didn't mind that the all information combined tallied into "20%Fact/20% Fan Fiction/60% Rumor" :sigh::walterpeck: ...Eh - It sells magazines I guess :whatever: ...

*Cheers.
By Wesker
I have that issue. Picked it up at some deli or drug store around '85. Always figured it would be a collector's item so I held on to it.
By CAZAFANTASMA
hahhaha, CANT believe they advertize -EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS-and all you see are pics from the first movie.

Well, it´s a free country.

And the monster in the NO G logo looks like a gremmilin

hhehehhe
Sucks there's only a few pages there. I'd love to get my hands on this as it looks like there's an exerpt from Aykroyd's original Ghostbusters in Space plot. I'd love to read the rest of that.
    Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?