Discuss the new Ghostbusters movie to be released in 2016, directed by Paul Feig.
By Sav C
I used to go daily to thrift stores and flea markets in the city looking through VHS tapes/toys/books and anything GB related before I move to a small town in the middle of nowhere.

I had thought about making VHS copies of more recent movies for only myself because of nostalgic reasons. I even considered ATC as a fan edited and VHS rental quality tape to go along with my old GB tapes. I assume a lot of people would consider that to be weird?
I think that's a cool idea. If watching a VHS copy of a movie not actually released on VHS enhances the movie due to nostalgia, then by all means go for it. :)
What in the sam hill is going on in this thread? Lol.
Don't ask me, ask my attorney.
And that's me! My guy's are still under a judicial restraining order... That blue thing I got from her. They could be exposing themselves!
Who the sam hill is Sam Hill?
To the best of my knowledge it's a euphemism for heck or hell.
Kingpin liked this
By Sav C
"Digression!"
I know it's vague, but did anyone get that this was a reference to Catcher in the Rye? :)
By TK5759
And that's me! My guy's are still under a judicial restraining order... That blue thing I got from her. They could be exposing themselves!

But really, I second the no-politics idea. I like a good debate as much as anyone else, but let's save that for holidays and family events, m'kay?
Sav C liked this
By 80sguy
I know how! One word. Continuity. Like Holtzmann being the daughter of Egon, Abby being the daughter of Ray, and so on.
They don't need to be the daughters of any of them. So many fans keep pushing that idea, it sounds so cliched and forced.
deadderek, Sav C, robbritton liked this
By deadderek
*Derek signs in*
*Derek sees active topic he hasn't read in a while*
*Derek reads*
*Derek sighs*
*Derek leaves*
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By robbritton
I know how! One word. Continuity. Like Holtzmann being the daughter of Egon, Abby being the daughter of Ray, and so on.
They don't need to be the daughters of any of them. So many fans keep pushing that idea, it sounds so cliched and forced.
It's such a non event as a narrative touch. (as an aside I always equally disliked the idea of having Oscar be a GB in a hypothetical GB3.) Ghostbusters works because it's three slouchy science guys (or ladies in the new) who turn out to be the smartest and best in the room (along with their late arrival colleague in both cases) entirely because of their skills, tools and drive. You make it a family business and it starts to become a weird birthright thing, rather than there being much for the characters to prove*. There'd be no reason for us to love any of the characters other than, "Oh, y'know, they're related to the originals!". It would hobble them from the off because they would be so explicitly tied to the originals. Ghostbusters should be a dysfunctional family of colleagues, not an actual sci-fi Waltons.

*Yes, I know there would be a "Will they live up to their Fathers?" crisis of identity thing going on, but isn't that a little dullsville and hokey for Ghostbusters? I guess if they were fighting Gozer's kid and they hammed up the parallels it could work as a rounded narrative, but yeesh! That's a card I never want to see the movies play!

Can update my location now. I'm now in Hertfordshi[…]

New From San Antonio, TX

Hello an welcome :cool:

Hi from Alabama!

Hello from California!