Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By RedVirtue
XxEctOxX wrote:My fear is that lady gaga or bieber sings the new theme
hahahaha oh Lord that would be TERRIBLE.

Things I fear about GB3:

1. Ruening or replacing the Ecto 1. (I'm totally down for Ecto 1B)
2. Ruening or replacing the equipment. Tweeks to original equipment is fine. A couple of new items that fit in the GB universe is fine too. GB2 did a good job adding equipment for example.
3. Harold, Bill, Dan, or Ernie dying before the movie is made.
4. Terrible new cast.
5. GB3 style no-ghost logos on uniforms, firehouse, and car. Movie posters and promotional items are passable but please not in film. I find it cheesy as hell when people wear the GB2 logo already. That's just my taste.
6. Recasting actors that don't return.
7. Movie being too kid friendly. (Slimer driving a bus and befriending ghostbusters, gb's quit smoking, etc)
8. EGB
9. all CGI no heart.
10. Only viewable in 3D.
By egie
I have the usual fears.
1. GB3 logo in movie...IN movie.
2. Stupid new ectomobile
3.New generation of people not liking it.
4.Old generation of people not liking it.
5.Bad cast.
And my biggest fear of all...
The movie being terrible.(what a unique fear)

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Mr. D.
RedVirtue wrote:9. all CGI no heart.

Sadly, that is the new reality. No one uses real special effects any more.

My fears.

1) GB3 Logo being used like GB2 logo was.
2) Stupid plot.
3) Big hype, lame movie (ie Tron Legacy)
4) Bill Murray not getting off his ass, resulting in no movie.
5) Lame character returns. (Luis being CEO or something, I already know Mayor Lenny will be President).
6) Lame Ecto. I don't mind if they replace the MM, but I don't want to see some Hummer or PT Cruiser or something.
By RedVirtue
Mr. D. wrote:
RedVirtue wrote:9. all CGI no heart.

Sadly, that is the new reality. No one uses real special effects any more.

My fears.

1) GB3 Logo being used like GB2 logo was.
2) Stupid plot.
3) Big hype, lame movie (ie Tron Legacy)
4) Bill Murray not getting off his ass, resulting in no movie.
5) Lame character returns. (Luis being CEO or something, I already know Mayor Lenny will be President).
6) Lame Ecto. I don't mind if they replace the MM, but I don't want to see some Hummer or PT Cruiser or something.
Speaking of Tron Legacy. Disney dropped a viral video online that takes place between the two movies. It also sets up the next sequel:
http://www.edfx.com/blog/?cat=7&fb_source=message
^This very same page has a clip from February 2011 of Bill on the Howard Stern radio show. GB3 talk ensues.
Bill gives his usual responses but they just come off odd to me. He says he doesn't want to do another one because he expects it to be bad. He says he hasn't read it though. Which gives me two questions. 1, Why has he not read it yet at that point of the interview. If he read it he would know once and for all if it's genuinely bad. 2, If he wants nothing to do with it why doesn't he call, Dan, Harold, or Ivan and just say he's not interested? There would be no more waiting or what-ifs, and if he really sincerely doesn't want to do the movie then he should just get the topic done with.

Something that IS interesting about the Howard Stern clip is that Bill said "Ivan wants to make it and I owe him. He's puzzled why I haven't gotten back to him." I've heard him say he owe's Ivan in another interview too. So I think he's acknowledging that the door isn't closed when he says that. Otherwise I don't think he would make a point to say that the couple times he has in interviews. It gives me reason to believe his hesitations may be something he isn't voicing. Otherwise he'd make the phone call to say he doesn't want in if that's honestly the case. It would be the logical thing to do imo.

A 2009 interview with Harold Ramis surfaced too. It was for the video game but he also talks about GB3, Mr Murray, and where he'd like the franchise to go:
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 46&t=28919
Yeah, I'm actually living through my worst fear. It's these He said She said moments that are a killer. Dan Aykroyd says that on different days he sees a beakon of hope for the sequel, other days he doesn't. Otherwise he remains very confident that the sequel could happen. Bill Murray had stated himself he hadn't read the script. Then We have the tabloid that stated that Bill had shread the script, then we have Segorney Weaver saying that she had heard the same thing and could very well be true because the man is unpredictable. To top that off I still have friends that are casual fans that are telling me the Venkman Ghost plot thing like it's new. It's kind of like a game of telephone that's gotten way out of hand.

Well all we can do is hope for the best right? :)
I know alot of people that would love for this not to happen. However I think my biggest fear is that this WON'T get made. As sad as it sounds to me we need something to keep the spirit (no pun intended) going. Theres enough interest in the public and general media for it to do well if its a well made movie. Heck even its just just half-assed it would still sell well just because of what it is. I this weren't true they wouldn't be shipping out all this weird GB swag we see at Hot Topic, Spencer's or even Walmart in the crane machine game. I say go for it. Worst comes to worse we still always have the original to go back to. My other fears are mainly just a idiotic cast. I however wouldn't mind seeing some of Jud Apatow's usual cast members as GBs but they would have to tone down the snarkiness and keep to the more GB style of humor. Emma Stone and John C. Riley are some that I wouldn't mind seeing in that cast. JCR has the potential to scale back the retardedness and have a good character and still be funny. Emma Stone is just a personal fanboy fantasy of mine. lol. :blush:
By staypuft101
Im afraid if there is no Bill Murray that the movie isnt complete. Plus everyone is old. In the movie they better hand down the proton packs to a younger genetation and go on to possably do a spin off live action tv series or do it like star trek and have a show a movie series.
By RedVirtue
This isn't a fear about the movie but more a fear about the after effects of a third movie.

The fandom explosion.
I like that dressing as a Ghostbuster is still somewhat of a niche. But once a third movie comes out expect loads more people dressed as a Ghostbuster at every event fathomable. At that point you might as well dress as a storm trooper.

Someone blogged suggesting Ghostbusters has already hit that level...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=35229
By Zack
I don't know if I said it anywhere in this topic, I'm sure someone else has if I didn't

my biggest fear is...

1. It gets made. I really honestly haven't been behind the idea of a third movie in as long as I can remember. I was optimistic maaaybe in 2002 or 2003 somewhere around there but the whole thing is a joke at this point to me. Well I think I take that back, it used to be funny to joke about Ghostbusters 3 getting made now it just hurts my head when people ask or talk about it.

2. or it doesn't get made and this talk never ends until everyone in the main cast dies off...

3. It gets made and people talk about GB4 for the next 15 years...
By dmolson89
i loved both movies and dont quite get how so many people including bill murry dislike the 2nd one... im going into it optimistic in hoping that ill get that feeling that i got when i saw them the first time as a kid i mean if we get it we get it if we dont its the same... if we get it and it sucks its the same... regardless we will still always have the first and second
By mikegb1984x
My worst fear is have a bunch of girl ghostbusters. Id be cool with one who is like kylie, but that's it.

But I dont think this movie is ever getting made, which suck, good or bad I still wanted it.
By Gareee
RedVirtue wrote:This isn't a fear about the movie but more a fear about the after effects of a third movie.

The fandom explosion.
I like that dressing as a Ghostbuster is still somewhat of a niche. But once a third movie comes out expect loads more people dressed as a Ghostbuster at every event fathomable. At that point you might as well dress as a storm trooper.

Someone blogged suggesting Ghostbusters has already hit that level...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=35229
If you were at Dragoncon, you'd believe its being overdone. Imagine a full city block populated with various Ectomobiles, and 70 guys in gear. Thats what we had the last two years.

Of course there were also eleventy bazillion David Tennant Dr Whos as well.
By RedVirtue
Carpeteria wrote:I agree. Girls are stupid.
:lol:
Gareee wrote:If you were at Dragoncon, you'd believe its being overdone. Imagine a full city block populated with various Ectomobiles, and 70 guys in gear. Thats what we had the last two years.

Of course there were also eleventy bazillion David Tennant Dr Whos as well.
Holy Crap. It's already out of control. :-|
By Gareee
Hell, it was like that the last three years! Where have ya been, under a rock?

And it was GLORIOUS!
By Gareee
People already have ghostbuster uniforms over there, and ectos. Its an international thing that transcends borderlines.
As a matter of fact, Dan is even doing a Crystalhead vodka signing over there tomorrow, and I;m sure there will be quite a few people getting packs an gear signed.
If they replace Bill Murray with someone like Jim Belushi or Bruce Campbell, then I'm sure I could live with it. It'd definitely be weird at first, but if Lorenzo Music can reinvent Venkman, then I think someone else could too....

EDIT:
This may also very well be the only way that GB3 will get made - if they replace Murray. It seems like a pretty reasonable compromise to me. This way, Murray doesn't have to worry about taking the blame for a sh*tty movie by participating in it -- we don't have to worry about the "Venkman ghost" angle -- and we still get a third film.
GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]