Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By groschopf
... interesting.

It's bears a slight resemblance to another piece of Ghostbusters tech we've seen before -- but I might just be anomaly hunting at this point. This meter certainly look like it has more functions that it's '84 counterpart.

I can clearly see a red button in the lower right. Is that a green button above it, or am I just primed to see that because of... you know...

By groschopf
Also, there does seem to be a precedence for the PKE meter using rabbit ears, even it was quickly forgotten and only wound up as a vestigial tail in a toy...

By anglijohn
I will be curious to see the display in action. I wonder if it will be similar to the original of more complex like the video game version and be connected to Tobin's spirit guide.
By Jangonate
anglijohn wrote:I will be curious to see the display in action. I wonder if it will be similar to the original of more complex like the video game version and be connected to Tobin's spirit guide.
I'm ready to see it all in action!

I think this looks nice. I'd like an official shot of it, of course, but it looks good.
By Kingpin
Fritz wrote:Personally, I like what I'm seeing here. I like it a lot.

I hope we can get some better pictures soon.
Given the popularity of it these days, we might end up seeing character posters for the four Ghostbusters... And if we do, might get a high-resolution photo with that.
By Kingpin
She's the one carrying it on her belt during the Hospital visit, and she's the one who appears to be the Ray of the team... Based on the plot snippets we've read.
By Ecto Ernie
I got to see it closeup the other day. Obviously I didn't get to handle it, but I got the impression that the body was made of a cassette recorder that someone like a therapist or medical examiner might use. Part of it also looked like it was a key fob to unlock your car. I did not see it in action, but I saw springs and gears attached to the antennae, so I'm confident that they spread when a ghost is detected.
By gold333
I think the '84 PKE was the weakest design of all the original equipment. To me it just didn't look hi-tech/sophisticated enough. This version is IMO the most realistic/viable looking of all the reboot equipment we've seen so far. It might be a little too much or too messy though
By EctoPrimer
I'm seeing hints of rgb in their gear. As if the art director is paying homage to the animated series (both rgb and exb). Either that, or he's just using as many gb influences as he can
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
gold333 wrote:I think the '84 PKE was the weakest design of all the original equipment.

Funny you should say that. It's always been one of my favourite pieces of original gear. Also, before Matty Collector flooded the market with the cheap toy PKE's it was considered the Holy Grail of Ghostbusters props.

This new one, like the rest of the NuGear, looks terrible to my eye. I really am not enjoying the production design for this film.
EctoPrimer, AMC78, gold333 and 1 others liked this
By zeta otaku
I took the prototype line as gear they use early in the film before getting more refined as the film goes on and as they earn more money... which is why there are different cars with different roof equipment.
Kingpin liked this
By EctoPrimer
The body of the feig meter is ok, but not Loving the rabbit ears. Granted, the needles are hard to do. (the iona pke is still my sleek and sexy favorite)

I don't know, of all the fieg packs, from the side view at least, I like the hospital. The xgb pack was never perfect, but what little we've seen looks like a good update.

I think having a single iconic look builds a better brand, but at least with more packs they can sell more toys
By gold333
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote:
gold333 wrote:I think the '84 PKE was the weakest design of all the original equipment.

Funny you should say that. It's always been one of my favourite pieces of original gear. Also, before Matty Collector flooded the market with the cheap toy PKE's it was considered the Holy Grail of Ghostbusters props.

This new one, like the rest of the NuGear, looks terrible to my eye. I really am not enjoying the production design for this film.
I don't know.. The curves and rounded surfaces were in contrast to the boxy, heavy duty look of the packs, wands and trap to me..

Though it did have a charm, you are right.

A huge design thing which sold the believeability of the '84 equipment to me (as a kid) were the warning labels on the boxy equipment (wand, pack, trap).

You could never make out what they said (on the old vhs resolution), but if you would ever be able to read them, you'd figure out exactly what all that equipment was :) for me that was the charm of it.

Ps: it's also why GB2 was less "real" in my view, with all the weird equipment, spoons and stuff, and not as many actual labels.
By Kingpin
A detail snippet, uploaded by Feig:

Comparing it to the photos from the hospital visit, the label is on the back of the meter on the raised bit to the left of the black knob.

By skankerzero
Kingpin wrote:A detail snippet, uploaded by Feig:

Comparing it to the photos from the hospital visit, the label is on the back of the meter on the raised bit to the left of the black knob.

UGH

They can't enven make the knob rotate !

Feig knows nothing about directing movies!
By fifth_beatle
It probably is.
Krenzy wrote:"I've got 1-1-18 on the PKE!"
"2.5 GEVs on the Giga Meter."
They referenced Ghostbusters II on the actual prop?!? I am starting to like this movie more and more. That is excellent.
gold333 liked this
By pyhasanon
Krenzy wrote:"I've got 1-1-18 on the PKE!"
"2.5 GEVs on the Giga Meter."
Ok, that's epic, Paul Feig and his props department gets a Crunch Bar for that one...
twmedford23, gold333 liked this
By joegianco
"Paul Feig, I'm gonna take back some of the things I said about you.
You've...you've earned it." :crunch: -some of the people on here, probably...hopefully
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]