Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By spirit82
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows what make the new flightsuits are?

And also does anyone know where you can buy them from?
By pyhasanon
The costume designer for the movie said they were custom, you're gonna have to fabricate it yourself, basically...
By csullivan1980
pyhasanon wrote:The costume designer for the movie said they were custom, you're gonna have to fabricate it yourself, basically...
Yes, Pyhasanon is correct. At a recent con my gb group in Massachusetts did we met someone who worked on the film who confirmed the jumpsuits were custom.
By DarkSpectre
Also they're not flightsuits, they're coveralls very similar to the KH Walls Coveralls that's you can find on the Internet. In fact the Khaki ones would probably be a good place to start if you can find the right reflector tape or what ever the stripes are. Or you could always don a classic flight suit;) lol
By Asvitak0087
I'm probably a tad late to this game, but if you google Enhanced Visibility Long Sleeve Coverall you come up with something similar.
By Travis Burrell
Just letting everyone know. I have contacted Dickies about this matter. Dickies currently sells the closest thing to the current suit. They only sell them in Navy currently. I have emailed them mentioning how it is probably in their best interest to start producing a Khaki colored one and they would probably sell out very quickly if so. lol.
By DarkSpectre
Probably because pipeliners want something with a dark color so they don't show dirt and grime so they don't have to wash them so often. We have a pretty large oil and gas population in this area and I've never seen them in any other color than navy or black and alot of the times they don't have orange stripes but yellow
By Travis Burrell
Just curious has anyone attempted to make these yet??? I thought there was another thread somewhere that someone did?
By SpaceBallz
Just do a "Kevin" version. Dickies khaki shirt with orange tape.

By Travis Burrell
why does everyone keep saying "Shirt" hes not wearing a shirt in that photo. its overalls. Look at the elastic around the waist.
By CWarfield42
Not sure if this was discussed elsewhere, but the suits are definitely tan herringbone. FashionFabricsClub.Com has a really good one called "Tan Herringbone Twill", but they're currently sold out. They have a darker "Biscotti" one and a lighter "Light Tan Twill" that both have the herringbone pattern as well. I'm sure there are other colors out there, but that's the one a few of us are going with.

:love:
By Lee FW
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

calicokit wrote:I found this on ebay -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sew-On-Hi-Vis ... SwR5dXQrSO
So it could be quite easily made by getting a regular tan boiler suit and adding the tape
I think the one in the movie is made up of orange webbing with the reflective strip sewn on top but my partner used this one and it looks great with a bit of work. We just bondawebbed it on for the moment although for more accuracy we're gonna run a stitch along the orange edge and another along the reflective edges to give it that look. I will say the orange is extremely vibrant so it's worth giving it a stain down first to take away the newness. We gave it a very light mist over with some dirty down spray and it looks so much better.

In regards to boiler suit we found a pretty decent match in white which we've dyed, again required a little adaptation to the pocket and will be adding the flap over collar.

Will get some pics up in the prop section when we can.
By DrEchoSpengler
I got to see the real suits and have taken a ton of photos of them. The Top pocket fold is NOT a fold. It goes through!! You can put your hand through it. Webbing goes under the pocket, on top of the pocket, and then around the flap/fold.
The name tag is two colors. In the back view of the vent, the webbing isn't sewn on OVER the vent. It goes INSIDE and then OUTSIDE again! Abby Yates and Patty have side pockets on the right side. Erin Gilbert and Holtzman's suits DO NOT have this!! The buttons are High Quality Guaranteed brand.

E-mail me and I can send you the link to my photos. JSTheStandard2@aol.com
By Lee FW
DrEchoSpengler wrote:I got to see the real suits and have taken a ton of photos of them. The Top pocket fold is NOT a fold. It goes through!! You can put your hand through it. Webbing goes under the pocket, on top of the pocket, and then around the flap/fold.
Interesting, I had a feeling this was the case but wasn't 100 percent sure. After trying a fold and dart and it just not looking clean enough, this was going to be my workaround (luckily my partner is quite short so can take some excess fabric from the leg) Glad I was on the right track.

Thanks for the info :)
By Lee FW
If you'd consider putting the pics up in a thread over in the equipment section I'm sure there'd be a whole bunch of us that'd be extremely grateful :)
By pyhasanon
Yes, publicly making them easily available would be beneficial to the community...
By DrEchoSpengler
I tried to load them up onto this site and it will not do it. Over the weekend I'll post them to the group that I run, North Jersey Ghostbusters, and share the link. Hopefully that will help you all.
Lee FW liked this
By jenmcnitt
CWarfield42 wrote:Not sure if this was discussed elsewhere, but the suits are definitely tan herringbone. FashionFabricsClub.Com has a really good one called "Tan Herringbone Twill", but they're currently sold out. They have a darker "Biscotti" one and a lighter "Light Tan Twill" that both have the herringbone pattern as well. I'm sure there are other colors out there, but that's the one a few of us are going with.

:love:
Has anyone purchased their Light Tan Twill yet? I'm wondering if the lighter tan could be too light. I have a swatch of the Biscotti, but I found it too dark for my liking. It looks a lot different in person than their photo online.

Thanks!
By DrEchoSpengler
Here is the link to my North Jersey Ghostbusters group. I put the photos of the flight suits up on the site. Each album is labeled by the person's name. For example Dr. Erin Gilbert's album will contain all photos of Erin's flight suit only. However Abby and Patty only have front views as their suits are all the same except for the placement of the lower front pockets as well as the extra back right pocket.
I have also includes all the photos I took of the props there. There is even a Kevin album for you who wish to make his suit. I made my son's.
Enjoy!!
https://www.facebook.com/15195969830545 ... tab=albums
Kingpin liked this

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?