Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By SeikoVoiceNote29
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

DaveLister wrote:Was wondering if anyone else saw this:

http://creativekids.com/

Yes! I saw some of this on eBay! Where is it being sold!? It is Ecto Plazm ladies and gentlemen! "Proof of a ghostly encounter"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghostbusters-Ec ... SwZVlXujye
By below_radar_00
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

SeikoVoiceNote29 wrote:
DaveLister wrote:Was wondering if anyone else saw this:

http://creativekids.com/

Yes! I saw some of this on eBay! Where is it being sold!? It is Ecto Plazm ladies and gentlemen! "Proof of a ghostly encounter"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghostbusters-Ec ... SwZVlXujye
Checked Twitter and found several people saying it's at Family Dollar. A couple had photos of the display box the set comes in. Very cool! Odd place to have this though. My money would have been on Wal-Mart. I don't think I've stepped into a Family Dollar in years. I'm not even sure where there is one around me. Google Maps time!
By Fritz
Sav C wrote:Have they announced a Reboot Ecto-1 model kit yet? I just got into model building and would really like to build it.
Nothing I've seen yet. Round2Models did the recent repops of the AMT ECTO-1A and the Polar Lights ECTO-1, so that would seem the most likely place. The difference is that those were repops of existing models; this would be a new one from the ground up. No telling whether, with the movie underperforming, they or anybody else would want to mess with it.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By Travis Burrell
So I just realized that everything I bought in the beginning of the year when it came out is sold out and not in stock anymore.

I bought all this GB2016 merchandise for my step daughter and was going to give it to her for Christmas and her birthday but I look online now and you can no longer get the characters in stores nor can you get the pack. The only way is through ebay now for 25% to 50% to 100% mark ups. I am now wondering if I should just hold onto these toys in their cardboard boxes and keep them as collectables. I would never resell these items. Im just talking as personal collectable. Would that make me a bad father? lol.

JurorNo.2, MonaLS liked this
By JurorNo.2
Travis Burrell wrote: I would never resell these items. Im just talking as personal collectable. Would that make me a bad father? lol.
Aw! Well, that is a lot of stuff, maybe just pick one or two to give to your daughter and keep the rest wrapped up. My parents kept Star Trek and Babylon 5 toys in the closet with the understanding that they were never to be opened, lol.
By elsoldao7
Travis Burrell wrote:So I just realized that everything I bought in the beginning of the year when it came out is sold out and not in stock anymore.
I can still find most of everything down here except for the pack. Last week my sister was able to snag one up for my kids halloween costume in the Colorado Springs area.
By MonaLS
Travis Burrell wrote:So I just realized that everything I bought in the beginning of the year when it came out is sold out and not in stock anymore.

I bought all this GB2016 merchandise for my step daughter and was going to give it to her for Christmas and her birthday but I look online now and you can no longer get the characters in stores nor can you get the pack. The only way is through ebay now for 25% to 50% to 100% mark ups. I am now wondering if I should just hold onto these toys in their cardboard boxes and keep them as collectables. I would never resell these items. Im just talking as personal collectable. Would that make me a bad father? lol.
Last time I checked, all of the above were available on Amazon. The pack comes and goes, but is
readily available.
By deadderek

My Walmart still has all of those available minus the pack.
By below_radar_00
Found a full box of Ecto Plazm at Family Dollar yesterday! I went to one closest to me on Friday and found a full box but the employees had ripped off the top of the box. I went to another one on Friday, they didn't have any. I was by a Family Dollar yesterday so decided to swing in and they too had a full box but the employees had not ripped off the top of the box. Yahooo! Pretty cool stuff. For $18 plus tax you can nab a whole display worth!

Alphagaia, JurorNo.2 liked this
By below_radar_00
SeikoVoiceNote29 wrote:loNice! Awesome how it says Ecto plazm "play gel" and "proof of a ghostly encounter" !!!!
My favorite part of this was the receipt. It has the Ecto Plazm listed as "Silly Sludge". Haha.
MonaLS, JurorNo.2 liked this
By Travis Burrell
below_radar_00 wrote:Found a full box of Ecto Plazm at Family Dollar yesterday! I went to one closest to me on Friday and found a full box but the employees had ripped off the top of the box. I went to another one on Friday, they didn't have any. I was by a Family Dollar yesterday so decided to swing in and they too had a full box but the employees had not ripped off the top of the box. Yahooo! Pretty cool stuff. For $18 plus tax you can nab a whole display worth!

you can say that again
By Travis Burrell
Doctor Venkman wrote:Yup, it's all still readily available.

Kinda silly though... If you're going to keep it, why not let the kid play with it? If you're not going to sell it for the profit, why hold onto it and not let her have it?
collector piece. why do you guys have Ghostbusters stuff? Movies etc.

Its online places but they are asking a lot more than original sale price.
By pferreira1983
With the Ecto Plasm I'm imagining in 30 years time the next form of YouTubers opening a tube of these on whatever form of YT there is to show to camera. :mrgreen:
By elsoldao7
Walmart-Mens sweater & child T-shirts
There was another one with a glow in the dark logo

K-Mart-His & hers sleep wear
HunterCC liked this
By Lee FW

I'd weigh up how much enjoyment you'll get out of these boxed and displayed vs how much enjoyment you and your step-daughter will get from pulling them open and playing with them.

I've got bins of boxed toys, some worth a pretty penny which is kinda cool yet the ones that mean the most to me and sit pride of place on my shelf are my chewed up played with items, for instance my RGB Egon who lost his head multiple times and still has a big glob of glue holding it on from when my Mum fixed him, good memories!
HunterCC liked this
By ccv66
The real ghostbusters toys are 30 years old and toys in the box are $500 or so and the neca toys are around $150. I dont think atc had the fan
Base of rgb or the quality of neca. I wouldn't count on that the prices jump that high in the future. However you'll probably make some money if you sell it right before xmas.... I understand the feeling though. I bought doubles of all the diamond select stuff so i wouldn't feel bad opening one set up. I wouldnt plan on selling either set it just makes me feel better

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]