Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By timeware
I finally found the twinkies! I prefer the stay puft over the key lime, although key lime makes better twinkie dogs! Found it at walmart, have yet to see Ecto Cooler.
Sav C liked this
By TrickOrTreater
Yeah they've absolutely botched this ecto cooler thing.

Or I wonder if they intentionally haven't released it in a lot of places to artificially create more demand. Like there's no reason it should sell out so fast online and prime members be relegated to only 3 cases of cans.

Feel like it might be intentional.
By Jangonate
Stay Puft Twinkies are indeed the best. Didn't notice much of a difference between regular and Key Lime Slime.

No Ecto Cooler here yet, but they just added Harris Teeter to the list and I actually have one nearby. Soon!
By timeware
They knew what they were doing with Ecto Cooler. They were copying Pepsi Perfect and the demand that was created for it with it's botched roll out. I think they were counting on the E Bay scalpers to piss people off so the media would latch onto it and create more buzz about the movie.
By ogswiss
Really??? Im on chapter 4 and i think its a great companion...

Learning about their childhoods and growing up in detroit

The snoop dogg satire of the ghost song and eminems shout out....
By J10kmn
I enjoyed reading Ghosts from Our Past, but I do admit the character portions were a bit of a slog. Having seen the movie and enjoyed it, I do appreciate those chapters more now though. But the second half of the book is still my favorite. I love the equipment and terminology definitions. If Spectral Field Theory was real I would totally study it.
By DarkSpectre
I ended up getting a copy of GFOP from a fellow Ghosthead. I noticed that it confirms Murray's character status after the film and the questions raised and like J10 I liked the second half. The first part is kinda meh but the classifications and tech stuff is fun.
By Raystantz Italy
Kingpin wrote:The translation into Italian may've had an effect on the story.
i'm actually reading the english one.
By Jangonate
Such a great book! My wife and I both got copies and started yelling quotes at each other when we finished a chapter. Definitely fleshes out some of the backstory of the movie.

As to Murray...Feig said it could go either way, despite what the book might say.
By Sav C
Haven't seen any reboot stuff besides the novelization, lottery tickets, and the No-Ghost patches they were putting on every DVD at Walmart. This goes for both my town, and a much more populated town near by.

Absolutely no classic stuff.

That's it, I'm moving! I will not tolerate a lack of Ghostbusters-related merchandise!
Last edited by Sav C on August 20th, 2016, 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
MonaLS liked this
By MagicPrime
Is the hardback Tobin's Spirit Guide that came out in June worth buying? I love the illustrations in the preview and I also love how its doing dossiers on a lot of the RGB ghosts and creatures as well.
By GBPaulRivera
I found an Ecto-Cooler pack and my God is it the most delicious kids' drink I ever had. Wasn't born in time when they were around (mid-90s baby) since they ran out in 2002 and I was never into Hi-C then, but tasting it now is amazing. Also, another first, are Twinkies ... I feel like an official fan now XD

I wonder, if there is or isn't a direct sequel coming out, do you think we'll still get merchandise such as novels or comic specials to the story? Personally, I would like to explore that universe as a writer being my minor in university.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Sav C wrote:Haven't seen any reboot stuff besides the novelization, lottery tickets, and the No-Ghost patches they were putting on every DVD at Walmart. This goes for both my town, and a much more populated town near by.

Absolutely no classic stuff.

That's it, I'm moving! I will not tolerate a lack of Ghostbusters-related merchandise!
Ha! You and me both.

On Thursday the Walmart near my work finally got the mini figure blind bags and the light up ghost figures (Rowan, Mayhem and Stay Puft). They had a place for the deluxe figures but had either sold out or had not put them on display. That's ok, Im not really interested in those, but I've got my eyes open for the classic figures. If those show up I may grab a set. What I really want are the RGB cartoons that were just released, everywhere (locally) is sold out of them already. Bummer.
By Sav C
Really? I figured it was just where I live as it is heavily isolated, but then I took a ferry across a strait to the nearest town (which is on an island, but the island has many towns and is highly populated, and has the capital city,) and still found nothing. I was shocked.

I noticed RGB is on iTunes/Apple TV if you want to go that route.
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Yeah, I'm a little surprised at the lack of merch considering Vancouver is a fairly large city with a healthy amount of collectors of all things geeky. Thanks for the heads up on the itunes thing, I may just do that until I can get my hands on a physical set. I still like to own discs.
By Sav C
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote:Yeah, I'm a little surprised at the lack of merch considering Vancouver is a fairly large city with a healthy amount of collectors of all things geeky. Thanks for the heads up on the itunes thing, I may just do that until I can get my hands on a physical set. I still like to own discs.
You live on the strait too? Cool. I guess none of BC got much Ghostbusters merchandise. Is there still Force Awakens stuff lining the shelves down in Vancouver like there is here? I prefer discs, but mainly when it's Bluray.
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Sav C wrote:You live on the strait too? Cool. I guess none of BC got much Ghostbusters merchandise. Is there still Force Awakens stuff lining the shelves down in Vancouver like there is here? I prefer discs, but mainly when it's Bluray.
Yep, I live right in the downtown core. BC has suffered as far as GB stuff goes. Thankfully I am friends with one of the local comic shop owners or I probably wouldn't have gotten any of the Diamond Select GB's either. And yeah, Force Awakens stuff is still clogging up the shelves. I've been temped to grab a couple of the 6" black figures but have held off. I almost grabbed the new Marvel Legends Civil War Captain America until I saw the $30 price tag. Ouch!

Yeah, I too prefer blu-rays. Great minds and all that. Lol.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Those Diamond Select figures look nice. When I was down in Victoria I got both the Ecto-1 and 1A model kits (which now sit on my desk and keep me company while checking gbfans.com I mean writing...) but they would've been on sale regardless of the reboot.
By EJLambert
I am so excited for finally seeing Ecto-Cooler in a local Grocery store! Hey, any Ghostheads in Aberdeen, WA? Go to Swansons!
By elsoldao7
So, anybody working on accessories for the GB16 6in?
A lot of cool stuff to choose from!
By Sav C
Have they announced a Reboot Ecto-1 model kit yet? I just got into model building and would really like to build it.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]