Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By pezfueled
Anyone have luck finding the new tShirts?

I been to a few Targets around Pittsburgh, but I've failed.
By Kingpin
fritts wrote:Walmart has the no ghost symbol on a shirt but he is flexing also another one just with the no ghost
That doesn't sound like it's specifically a bit of merchandise for the reboot, just a general Ghostbusters T-shirt.
By mrmichaelt
pezfueled wrote:Anyone have luck finding the new tShirts?

I been to a few Targets around Pittsburgh, but I've failed.
On the Ghost Corps facebook, they did say it was test run and they might go for sale on the Target website, too, so it's worth checking that out every so often as well.
By Doctor Venkman
featofstrength wrote:Door logo is inaccurate.
And with that, we really have the most inane gripe you can come up with.

For Christ's sake its all still in a prototype stage, and even so, you're really THAT upset with a freaking black outline?

If you want to go with that, then the Ghostbusters are inaccurate too. They don't have LEGO shaped bodies. And the stripes should go all the way around the arm. And Patty's necklace is inaccurate! It only says "P" not "Patty" like in the movie! And Kevin's hair is parted the wrong way! And don't even get me started on the roof rack! lol

I mean come on man... talk about nitpicking.

The set looks good. Actually looks like it has more features (opening doors) than the current Ecto.

Definitely gave away at least one spoiler with the reveal of the set about Kevin, but if you saw any set videos than you already knew that one.
Last edited by Doctor Venkman on February 5th, 2016, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin, GBfan77, xoff00 and 2 others liked this
By J10kmn
I think the overall quality of the set is pretty good. I can't help but wonder which one of the little extras is the new trap and how this "Red Daemon" will translate onto a screen. I would honestly be surprised if Lego Dimensions doesn't get a reboot level pack.
By pezfueled
The red ghoul seems to have some asian design to it... Wouldn't be surprised if this is the first ghost they come across at the Chinese restaurant they share space with.
Last edited by pezfueled on February 5th, 2016, 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
By featofstrength
Doctor Venkman wrote:
featofstrength wrote:Door logo is inaccurate.

For Christ's sake its all still in a prototype stage, and even so, you're really THAT upset with a freaking black outline?

It's an easy cosmetic fix to make something that much more accurate to the screen. It's not a big deal...just f****g lazy. I would change it myself if I choose to get it...but I shouldn't have to.

There are several threads about door logos on this forum and you wanna rake me over the coals on this one for my opinion? :whatever:
By Doctor Venkman
featofstrength wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote:

It's an easy cosmetic fix to make something that much more accurate to the screen. It's not a big deal, but its f****g lazy if they don't change it.

There are several threads about door logos on this forum and you wanna rake me over the coals on this one for my opinion? :whatever:
So then to be clear, did you have an issue with the inaccurate door logo on the first LEGO Set? Or the Firehouse set?

After all, both of those LEGO sets had a black outline on the GB logo, and neither of those items had a black outline in the movies, right?

And I'm not raking you over the coals for your opinion. But when that's literally the only thing you post, and it's such an absolutely minor irrelevant thing to gripe about, sorry, but I find it annoying. Especially if you don't have the same opinion about the other LEGO items, because then it just seems like reboot hate for the sake of reboot hate.
jconover82 liked this
By d_osborn
Doctor Venkman wrote:
featofstrength wrote:

It's an easy cosmetic fix to make something that much more accurate to the screen. It's not a big deal, but its f****g lazy if they don't change it.

So then to be clear, did you have an issue with the inaccurate door logo on the first LEGO Set? Or the Firehouse set?

After all, both of those LEGO sets had a black outline on the GB logo, and neither of those items had a black outline in the movies, right?

And I'm not raking you over the coals for your opinion. But when that's literally the only thing you post, and it's such an absolutely minor irrelevant thing to gripe about, sorry, but I find it annoying. Especially if you don't have the same opinion about the other LEGO items, because then it just seems like reboot hate for the sake of reboot hate.
The logo on the reboot Ectomobile and suit patches is actually SLIGHTLY different from the standard branded logo. It's a tiny nitpick. I'm REALLY digging this set! The red demon dude looks awesome!

featofstrength liked this
By elsoldao7
I might just get 2 to update the original!
By Doctor Venkman
Well, the only issue with correcting the original, is I'm guessing it's going to be at least a couple of bricks wider, which would mean it won't fit into the firehouse doors. I know it doesn't fit all the way in as is, due to the desks, but I like the display of it parked half-in half-out... this would prevent that I'd guess.
By skankerzero
DarkSpectre wrote:So how come the reboot Ecto makes it so you can fit all 4 figures in it but the Classic Ecto doesn't? Can we get an updated reissue?

**psst**

they're legos. add more bricks.
By skankerzero
featofstrength wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote:

It's an easy cosmetic fix to make something that much more accurate to the screen. It's not a big deal...just f****g lazy. I would change it myself if I choose to get it...but I shouldn't have to.

I believe this is due to the printing process and color order.

Generally you want to print white last (dark colors first), so they lay the base down with black first. Then follow with red. Then add the white on top.

It may also depend on what color the decal sheets are too. They may be black by default.
featofstrength liked this
By featofstrength
Doctor Venkman wrote:
featofstrength wrote:

Yep. You're right. 100%. Have a crunch bar.
By Kingpin
skankerzero wrote:Generally you want to print white last (dark colors first), so they lay the base down with black first. Then follow with red. Then add the white on top.
Having some insight into printing, I was going to address the logo in a similar fashion.

In early comic art, thick black ink lines were apparently used to conceal the minor overlays between the colour layers created by the printing process - it was a good theory, although as some vintage... and even some rare instances with modern comics show, the process can end up overlaying the colours incorrectly rather badly.

I imagine it's the same case with LEGO's brick printing, and that as they had to add a black outline to the ghost portion of the logo, they decided to go the extra distance and add one to the red prohibition circle. (Although I believe it'd be a layer of red first, followed by the black outline, with all of the white being supplied by the brick)

It's a minor detail, and not one I believe detracts from the set (and as pointed out, this same version of the logo appears on the '59 Cadillac set, the Firehouse, and on the Ghostbusters themselves (in the Firehouse release, and the LEGO Dimensions set).

At least the ghost has its chin, unlike on the Hotwheels Ecto. :)

I'm quite impressed how well the design of the Pack lends itself in LEGO form.

Looks like I'll be one of the few who'll be buying it not to use it for spare parts. :P
By Jangonate
You're not the only one. I literally cannot wait for this set. It's super cool and I think the packs on these look a smidge better than the classic set.
By J10kmn

First look at the trap? O'course it had to be in lego with no real details lol Might be a grenade but the design doesn't match up all that much.
By zeta otaku
That's my thought as well. They're too big to be grenades even for lego. Plus they have grenades printed on one of the uniforms

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy colle[…]

Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]