Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Kingpin
After much speculation, concern, and a couple of updates from Paul Feig via his twitter, we now have a release date for the first full trailer for the reboot: Thursday March 3rd.

Please stay tuned for further updates in this topic, and for full discussion and dissection of the trailer when it finally goes live. :)

(Hour, minutes and seconds are just a guess)
By Kingpin
Simon.Gray wrote:So Feig promises the first full trailer by the end of the month. What do we get, this god awful teaser telling us the trailer will now be next month. This whole project & the fact it is a reboot stinks. Enough said
Now now, Feig's exact words from his more recent post about the trailer were as follows:
Pau Feig wrote:First full trailer coming around the end of this month
Note he said "around", rather than "on" or "before", so the 3rd of March is within tolerance of the end of the month.

I can understand your frustration at it only being a teaser for the trailer, sadly this is part of the way Hollywood works these days, as they're designed to drive hype. Ghostbusters isn't the first to use it, and won't be the last.

At least we've got a definite date to work with now. :)
lozbloke, Alphagaia liked this
By pyhasanon
The biggest problem we have with the Fandom right now (well, other than Cassidy) is that the fans have set their expectations WAAAAAAYYY too high... it's a modern day movie, it shouldn't surprise anybody that we get a trailer to a trailer, that it looks a lot like a Michael Bay movie, and they play that foghorn noise with each sweeping scene change...
By pyhasanon
Yep, I would agree with that...

Also, if it wasn't a reboot and it starred the original cast, we would still probably be getting the same teaser...
devilmanozzy, Kingpin liked this
By Raystantz Italy
pyhasanon wrote:Yep, I would agree with that...

Also, if it wasn't a reboot and it starred the original cast, we would still probably be getting the same teaser...
And it would have been much more welcome.
By pezfueled
I'm assuming this teaser will be the first 20 seconds of the trailer.
Seems like the typical trope of pointing you in a wrong direction, only to smash cut to the logo.

Footage looks good though. Robert Yeoman, the cinematographer, has shot some beautiful films.
By Kingpin
And that would be a nice bookend to this film and the 1984 original, if it makes good use of the New York* skyline and architecture, featuring some of the classical buildings present in the city.

*the bits filmed in New York, anyway. :P
groschopf liked this
By pezfueled
As I go about my day, I can't help but notice... the 5 note reference to the original song at the end is just like the teaser to Jurassic World and it's iconic score.

All trailers really are the same.
groschopf, deadderek liked this
By Stantz1981
The only reason Sony released a teaser today is because of all the recent talk by the fans about the Valentines reference in GBII, otherwise we'd still be waiting. It shows nothing & could have been released months ago.
By SpenglerTrance
I keep all discussion of this "project" away from these boards since I am not a supporter but all I gotta say is you guys are the most optimistic group of folks I've ever seen.
deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this
By Alphagaia
pezfueled wrote:As I go about my day, I can't help but notice... the 5 note reference to the original song at the end is just like the teaser to Jurassic World and it's iconic score.

All trailers really are the same.
Woohoo, totally called Valentines Day as the day we would be either teased or see a trailer.

BTW, someone from another forum mentioned the piano tune reminded him of the real ghostbusters, where they use piano in the quieter scenes. Can anyone relate?
By skankerzero
SpenglerTrance wrote:I keep all discussion of this "project" away from these boards since I am not a supporter but all I gotta say is you guys are the most optimistic group of folks I've ever seen.
Really?

The transformer board I'm on is WAY more optimistic than this place.
By SpenglerTrance
Never been there so I wouldn't know. It would be nice if as long as we remain courteous, respectful and intelligent we could freely express our opinions on this project even though we don't support it, though I realize that becomes difficult as passions run hot. It just bugs me how they're jamming it down our throats and some like it.
By SpaceBallz
My issue with this teaser for the teaser is that nothing in it really says "Ghostbusters" except for the logo and for the dramatic piano gb theme tune at the end. Watching the military and police line up...they could have at least had a ghost growl/laugh sound effect. That would have at least given us a "ohhh snap..." before the logo kicked in.

I dunno. Whatevs. The actual trailer will be interesting.
By skankerzero
SpenglerTrance wrote:Never been there so I wouldn't know. It would be nice if as long as we remain courteous, respectful and intelligent we could freely express our opinions on this project even though we don't support it, though I realize that becomes difficult as passions run hot. It just bugs me how they're jamming it down our throats and some like it.
There shouldn't be any issues with people having different opinions anymore.

Once they booted Cassidy from here things calmed down.
Kingpin liked this
By pezfueled
I'm pumped for the flick... But I do feel a bit slighted. All this time and only 20ish secs. grumble.

What movie is Sony releasing that Friday?
By pezfueled
Alphagaia wrote:BTW, someone from another forum mentioned the piano tune reminded him of the real ghostbusters, where they use piano in the quieter scenes. Can anyone relate?
Ohh yeah... I can see that.
Last edited by pezfueled on February 14th, 2016, 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By d_osborn
I like it! The logo animation looks really good. The minimal piano notes to the Ray Parker Jr. melody--AWESOME!

I'm REALLY hoping the "whine" sound that starts around :09 is a pack starting up. You have to admit, it's reminiscent of the classic pack sound.

I keep seeing people talking about the heavy action movie tone. You can't deny it's in there, but I don't think it's at all representative of what the entire movie will be. Maybe in places, but this is definitely going to be a comedy. I'm guessing on the full trailer, they'll pull a switcharoo-- start off with familiar action movie trailer tropes, then hit hard with the comedic GB reveal.
Troy liked this
By Kingpin
A friendly reminder guys, please use the spoiler tags when posting pictures of the ghost figures from New York Toy Fair, some folks will prefer not to see them until they watch the movie.
SpenglerTrance wrote:It just bugs me how they're jamming it down our throats and some like it.
I'm curious to know, as this is the second time lately I've seen pretty much that exact phrase. Why do you feel things are "being jammed down" your throat? A movie like this was always going to have a large degree of advertising and merchandising.
By d_osborn
Kingpin wrote:
SpenglerTrance wrote:It just bugs me how they're jamming it down our throats and some like it.
I'm curious to know, as this is the second time lately I've seen pretty much that exact phrase. Why do you feel things are "being jammed down" your throat? A movie like this was always going to have a large degree of advertising and merchandising.
Wait, so people complain that there isn't a trailer, and then after a small tease video, now they're jamming it down our throats?!

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]