Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Kingpin
Thanks for posting those! :) Some I haven't seen before.

I'm thinking the black car is for filming interior scenes, maybe at night. The framework on the front end suggests a possible camera rig, while the beacon's there to give the dynamic lighting for night-time scenes.
By Kingpin
Cracking shot of the roof of Ecto-1, as there's some elements I hadn't been able to get a good look at before.

Were those all you'd taken of the bike and car?
By 910dohead
Kingpin wrote:Cracking shot of the roof of Ecto-1, as there's some elements I hadn't been able to get a good look at before.

Were those all you'd taken of the bike and car?
The picture of the top of the car was taken during Wondercon. Luckily I was a story above the car and snapped a pic. The other pics were taken during the trailer screening event at Sony/Ghost Corps. One of the bike's is on display in Reitman's office. There were other props on display during the event but we were not allowed to take pictures.

No, I have more pictures but I didn't go over either prop with a fine tooth comb. Still don't know how I feel about the new movie. When the new movie car is sitting right next to the original movie car, you loose interest in the new one very quickly (if you had any to begin with).
By Travis Burrell
Troy wrote:That flattened cab sure has seen better days, eh? Should have padded someone or something's feet...
I don't think they make Nikes in her size... or HIS size...(Rowan)
By Travis Burrell
YIKES! This is interesting. My account on IMGUR has been deleted or something odd. Im surprised you guys can still see these images. Im assuming someone reported my images??? I have no clue. I just know I can no longer upload files through that. Ill have to start using photobucket again.
By Travis Burrell
Demon Vice Commander wrote:That black car is certainly strange. Maybe that vehicle is the source of the yellow beacon (story-wise), and Holtzmann swipes it for use on their own car.

No I think KingPin is right. I live in Pittsburgh and they have been filming a lot of movies here lately and when they have their camera trucks and such they look like this. More than likely this car was used to film interior shots or for stunting.

I am kind of upset that they used the ugly beacon. I don't know WHY!? It looks like a joke. You can clearly see they used red and blue bar LED lights in the rear. I mean, if it was a legal thing they were trying to keep the realism... then why go with the yellow on front and red and blue in rear!? UGLY. Would have been so much better with the light bar in front.

Here are some more. I created another account and added them there...

I was told from someone at Sony that the yellow roof lights came off a locomotive. Also the car that's at Sony wasn't properly painted white. It's not going to survive over time. It's originally black and was cheaply painted over with white. It wasn't taken down to the primer. If you look at the front of the car in the aerial picture I posted, you can see the paint is already coming off on the bumper on the passenger side headlight. I noticed this when seeing the car in person.
yeah the whole car is horrible. lol. Its the only thing I really don't like about the reboot. sad because the 59 was the main reason I fell in love with 84 and 89. I understand they were trying to be realistic. Realistic could have looked more appealing though. :(

Even this would have looked a little better..

... and my images are working again on imgur. lol. don't know what happened the other day.
Sav C liked this
Travis Burrell wrote:Even this would have looked a little better..
I get where you're coming from, but I'm glad that isn't what the car looks like, as that to me feels like the "trying to be but isn't" sorta Ecto-1.

Despite it's faults, I think the 2016 is unique enough that it does stand apart from the original. Like the Proton Pack props, It's not as cool as the original, but in the aim of evoking (while not replicating) the 1959 Cadillac Ecto-1, it does succeed.
Actually, the vehicles brings up a good point... I don't think New York, or ANY STATE/CITY has EVER used Fusion Police Vehicles???? When I started seeing photos of the Fusion Police Cars I was thinking it was looking tacky. I don't know. Maybe someone in New York can Chime in. Typical police vehicles include all of the following usually packed and contracted to the citys and states...

Crown Vic
Impalla
Charger
Taurus
Explorer
Tahoo
Suburban
Caprice

I don't know. Maybe im wrong?
Thanks Travis for locating some of these pics. I'm not from NY, but a police car enthusiast. The NYPD has been using Fusions for a few years now. If you street view the fire house on Google maps there's even one sitting across the street.
im just kidding giving people a hard time. ;) the net sucks for that. lol.

...and I didn't know they use Fusions? Lame. slow wussy cars. lol. (no offense to the real men in blue. again im kidding)
zeta otaku wrote:Lol there aren't many opportunities for a high speed car chase in Manhatten.
True. lol.

Its not about speed though. Its about the structure of the car for ramming other cars for a California Stop if necessary. I don't know ill drop it I guess. lol
Travis Burrell wrote:Actually, the vehicles brings up a good point... I don't think New York, or ANY STATE/CITY has EVER used Fusion Police Vehicles???? When I started seeing photos of the Fusion Police Cars I was thinking it was looking tacky. I don't know. Maybe someone in New York can Chime in. Typical police vehicles include all of the following usually packed and contracted to the citys and states...

Crown Vic
Impalla
Charger
Taurus
Explorer
Tahoo
Suburban
Caprice

I don't know. Maybe im wrong?
I noticed that, I understand the Fusion is the US version of what we call the Ford Mondeo in the UK, which is used both here and across Europe as a police car (amongst other makes etc) :-)

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]