Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Kingpin
Just dropping a note that the new edition of Empire magazine has a cover story on the reboot, as well as two different covers for it:

Nice to get a clear, high-resolution shot of Slimer from the film to take a closer look at.

And here's a preview of the cover article:

By Kingpin
Alphagaia wrote:Awesome, got the article as well?
I haven't seen it yet, but the Library I work at has a subscription, so if I'm lucky, our copy of the June edition will have arrived either today or tomorrow, and I might be able to check it out as I'm jacketing it. :)
By Kingpin
DarkSpectre wrote:Wonder how long it'll take someone to photoshop the guys in the background blasting them?
Probably something that can be done in an afternoon, depending on the Photoshopper's pettiness.
By JurorNo.2
Well the general public doesn't have every quote memorized like we do. :wink:
By featofstrength
JurorNo.2 wrote:Well the general public doesn't have every quote memorized like we do. :wink:
True. If only the marketing had taken the best taglines and put them on character posters back then.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By mrmichaelt
Troy wrote:Wonder how long it takes the imported versions to hit bookshelves stateside?
A month and change later in my experience. They're transported via carrier pigeons.
By Alphagaia
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote:Image
This is funny as Jason Reitman (Ivans son) directed that episode of The Office, while Paul Feig directed the season opener.
By mrmichaelt
Troy wrote:Wonder how long it takes the imported versions to hit bookshelves stateside?
On a more serious note than my previous reply: If you go to the subscribe page of EMPIRE:
http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/empire-magazine

Scroll down to the bottom, there's a mini FAQ section. They say it ships to North America in 6-10 days.

And below that, you can purchase the single issue instead of the subscription. 6.49 pounds (about $9.40) plus 6 pounds (about $8.69) shipping. Sticker price at the stands are what -- something like $10.99.

So, there's choices
a. wait for the chance of photos/scans popping up online later this week
b. buy digital version
c. order single issue for extra $7 or so but you're guaranteed a copy
d. wait a couple weeks for it to hit the States and pay a little over $11
By Raystantz Italy
Back in business?? Isn't this the first outing of the Gbettes? Were they taking a break BEFORE going into business?

Bustin makes us feel good? Isn't this a phrase from the originals movies theme? Doesn't this movie wants to stand on his own merits? Why copying the originals theme words?
By Alphagaia
Raystantz Italy wrote:grumble grumble GRUMBLE GRUMBLE grumble
Why use the GB logo? Why use Slimer? Why use proton packs? O wait, it's a new GB movie so people expect there to be GB things in a GB movie.

Empire uses coined catchphrases from earlier GB outings to promote GB being back in business (as in new movie) and I'm sure they will call it a reboot in the article itself.

The movie stands alone story wise, but that does not mean it will acknowledge the earlier movies as non-existant.
Last edited by Alphagaia on April 26th, 2016, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By DarkSpectre
I thought that's what Feig wanted was no connection, Alpha? Plus the marketing is all over the place for this damn film. This film is becoming the Buffalo Bill of movie making. It's basically taking all the ideas of the original, stitching it together and making a suit to wear to mask it's Luke warm script and lazy implementation.
djsparky, pferreira1983 liked this
By Alphagaia
DarkSpectre wrote:I thought that's what Feig wanted was no connection, Alpha?
Alphagaia wrote:The movie stands alone story wise, but that does not mean it will acknowledge the earlier movies as non-existant.
Bolded for extra clarity. The blind, unreasonable hate is getting tense here. Do we have to spout the same hate at every thread?
By WhoaFoogles
DarkSpectre wrote:Plus the marketing is all over the place for this damn film.
That's kind of Sony's modus operandi for marketing, judging by the past decade. I'm a little curious if they happen to have any actual human beings working in that department. Just look at the covers for the upcoming 4k copies of the classic movies and tell me those weren't designed by some sort of malevolent AI or otherworldly sentience.
By djsparky
DarkSpectre wrote:I thought that's what Feig wanted was no connection, Alpha? Plus the marketing is all over the place for this damn film. This film is becoming the Buffalo Bill of movie making. It's basically taking all the ideas of the original, stitching it together and making a suit to wear to mask it's Luke warm script and lazy implementation.

It's also like rebooting gremlins as a slap stick comedy. It's kinda missing the point.
By d_osborn
Alphagaia wrote:Actually, it's called Gremlins 2.
I prefer Gremlins 2 over the original! It's completely bonkers. I love it.

"Fire, the untamed element, oldest of man's mysteries, giver of warmth, destroyer of forests... right now this building is on FIRE! Leave the building. Enact the age old drama of self-preservation."
Alphagaia, Jimm liked this
By DarkSpectre
d_osborn wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Actually, it's called Gremlins 2.
I prefer Gremlins 2 over the original! It's completely bonkers. I love it.

"Fire, the untamed element, oldest of man's mysteries, giver of warmth, destroyer of forests... right now this building is on FIRE! Leave the building. Enact the age old drama of self-preservation."
"Mister! Welcome To the Men's room!"

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]