Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By mrmichaelt
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/movie ... .html?_r=0

New York Times previewed an upcoming May 1st article. 5 stills and some new info. featuring thoughts by Paul Feig and production designer Jefferson Sage on Ghostbusters then and now.

*It revealed the prop pack is 17 pounds

*Jillian Holtzmann comes up with a prototype that is so large it has to be pushed around on wheels.

*The first work space is in the basement of a forgotten institute in the Bronx, dense with equipment and found objects. Over the course of the story, they lose the basement lab, make off with some equipment and are able to put together another one in an unexpected spot: the closed upstairs banquet room of a Chinese restaurant. The old buffet for the restaurant becomes one of their lab tables, and they have meetings in an old booth for dining.

*At one time, Ecto-1 was thought up as some kind of altered minivan or a tricked-out surplus military vehicle but eventually Feig settled on a mid-80s Cadillac Fleetwood hearse.

*Costume designer, Jeffrey Kurland, drew up the uniforms with reflective stripes on them as a nod to reflective gear worn by a transit worker. The costume staff also built in extra pockets and rings to hang and store the different gear they'll need at the height of battle

*Last still shows Abby with some new tech (I think?) that may look familiar to some.
By JurorNo.2
What's funny is NYT gave Ghostbusters several really unflattering reviews in the 80s. My, how times have changed. :mrgreen:
By Sav C
mrmichaelt wrote:*It revealed the prop pack is 17 pounds
It's too bad they didn't make it 50 lbs, the new ones look a bit too flimsy if you ask me.
By pferreira1983
Sav C wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:*It revealed the prop pack is 17 pounds
It's too bad they didn't make it 50 lbs, the new ones look a bit too flimsy if you ask me.
They look incomplete which might explain why they weigh less.
Sav C liked this
Sav C wrote: It's too bad they didn't make it 50 lbs, the new ones look a bit too flimsy if you ask me.
What would be the point in making them that heavy? Electronics and batteries have come a long way since 1983 - the heavy motorcycle batteries and pre-microchip electronics in the original Hero packs contributed a significant portion of the weight.
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Demon Vice Commander wrote:
Sav C wrote: It's too bad they didn't make it 50 lbs, the new ones look a bit too flimsy if you ask me.
What would be the point in making them that heavy? Electronics and batteries have come a long way since 1983 - the heavy motorcycle batteries and pre-microchip electronics in the original Hero packs contributed a significant portion of the weight.
I didn't realize they had batteries in them. I figured the in-cannon reason for the weight was the cyclotron.
By SpaceBallz
mrmichaelt wrote: *Last still shows Abby with some new tech (I think?) that may look familiar to some.
Awww, it's pink! :)
By Kingpin
SpaceBallz wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote: *Last still shows Abby with some new tech (I think?) that may look familiar to some.
The LEDs are red, not pink.
By SpaceBallz
Kingpin wrote:
SpaceBallz wrote:
The LEDs are red, not pink.

We'll have to agree to disagree with the color.
By Kingpin
SpaceBallz wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree with the color.
We'll have to, however the two images below lean more towards red than pink. I think the reason why they might look pink in that shot with McCarthy is because the white from the blow-out makes them look pinker than they actually are.

By Alphagaia
It's a red tube with white lights inside. Of course the smear will be a gradient from red to white. Guess what color is in between those two colors? You guessed it, it's pink.
So you are both right.
    New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]