Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Why does the Rowan action figure look a bit child-friendly? I like to think it's so kids can get him for themselves, but I want to see him look more menacing and creepy.

Here's some images of the toys for those who don't believe me: Image

And an image of the character it might be based on:

The figures/toys of Rowan downgrade the scary details it should be having.

I actually want to see Rowan look a bit like THIS in the final film: Image

And by this, I mean the sharp-as-hell teeth and claws.

Do you agree with my thoughts? If so, kindly discuss it. If not, don't even get near this. :cool:
Fritz wrote:I know. He should be all scary and evil looking like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
Well, I'm not the only one anymore lol
But seriously, he should have cold blooded stares and be in constant rage.
Alphagaia wrote:If only we had some movie footage with Rowan looking angry to compare. All we can do is compare the dolls.
Footage may not be available yet, but I COULD sketch up some concepts.
Alphagaia wrote:Well, why not? Sounds fun!
If we got the drawing tools, we have the drawing talent! My sketches will be shown in a couple hours. Until then, draw your own and get creative. ;)
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
Travis Burrell wrote:Something I did real quick.

Pretty cool! Looks really human, and I think it's what you went for.
Like I said, here are my sketches. The items have an art style similar to the original show.
Now for an edit I made using a character I mentioned before.
They have the sharp claws and teeth, with some sharp feet.
Ghostytheghost wrote:Like I said, here are my sketches. The items have an art style similar to the original show.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Do you happen to draw Sonic the Hedgehog sketches?
savintheday liked this
d_osborn wrote:Holy hell, dudes. Go easy. I have the flu and I can already tell reading this thread is going to lead to a bizarre fever dream.
I couldn't help myself, bro.
EddieSpenser wrote:
Ghostytheghost wrote:Like I said, here are my sketches. The items have an art style similar to the original show.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Do you happen to draw Sonic the Hedgehog sketches?
Well, not exactly. Sonic Boom made me stop liking Sonic. It's pretty agreeable.
Hey Ghosty!

Not mine, but I brought this post over from another thread. Looks like Rowan might get a bit scarier as you wished.

below_radar_00 wrote:Just saw this pop up on Amazon:

...Also, has anyone else noticed that the Rowan on Amazon isn't accurate. The first shot of him has some crazy head. I opened mine up today thinking that maybe his body opened up and another head was in there but nada. Wonder if there's another Rowan figure that's going to come out eventually or if that was just a botched idea from the prototyping phase?

CaptCyan wrote:Hey Ghosty!

Not mine, but I brought this post over from another thread. Looks like Rowan might get a bit scarier as you wished.

below_radar_00 wrote:Just saw this pop up on Amazon:

...Also, has anyone else noticed that the Rowan on Amazon isn't accurate. The first shot of him has some crazy head. I opened mine up today thinking that maybe his body opened up and another head was in there but nada. Wonder if there's another Rowan figure that's going to come out eventually or if that was just a botched idea from the prototyping phase?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xt4oWik9aY
UPDATE: I recently bought the Rowan figure along with The Rookie from the 2009 video game. My purchase is expected to arrive at my home tomorrow.
Last edited by Ghostytheghost on May 6th, 2016, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
As of now, I am going to attempt to made a 3D model of Rowan using Blender. We can also use 3D modeling software to make fanmade concepts.
Ghostytheghost wrote:
Travis Burrell wrote:Something I did real quick.

Pretty cool! Looks really human, and I think it's what you went for.

Thanks.

Yes I was taking an actual photo of Neil Casey for this look.

Alphagaia wrote:I made a quick thing! Be gentle. It's been a while since I've touched my Wacom.

That is f****g creepy. I LOVE IT.
A new version of Rowan I made.
Everything doesn't have to look meaner and darker to be cool. In fact, most of the time, the harder something tries to look "scary" the stupider it looks.

Real creatures aren't all dripping claws and fangs. Hippos kill more people than any other African animal and they look absurd. That's interesting in its own way.

In fact, I'd say even the "cutesier" Rowan in the first image is still a little too over the top.

If it had EXACTLY the same innocent face as the logo ghost, that'd honestly be even creepier. That sad, harmless looking little cartoon ghost face on a huge body, trying to kill you? Disturbing as heck.
scythemantis wrote:Everything doesn't have to look meaner and darker to be cool. In fact, most of the time, the harder something tries to look "scary" the stupider it looks.

Real creatures aren't all dripping claws and fangs. Hippos kill more people than any other African animal and they look absurd. That's interesting in its own way.

In fact, I'd say even the "cutesier" Rowan in the first image is still a little too over the top.

If it had EXACTLY the same innocent face as the logo ghost, that'd honestly be even creepier. That sad, harmless looking little cartoon ghost face on a huge body, trying to kill you? Disturbing as heck.
And you are absolutely right, I'm just drawing some turning points where he stops smiling for funs. Nothing more.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]