Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
I just thought it was against character for a fellow who built an empire on reviewing things he was told was bad to skip out on this...and make a statement saying he was not going to do so. However this isn't a retro or glitchy game so it's not his main wheelhouse regardless, it's like if he was not going review the new Honda civic it has just as much impact as few look for his opinion on such things.

His points are well spoken, personal, and well thought out and he is allowed to feel that way , this doesn't taint my feelings on The Nerd or the movie I still Like both.

ps. I am going to send him tickets
GBfan77 liked this
The whiny author of this article is a perfect example of how any criticism against the movie is immediately interpreted through a prism of misogyny.
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/entertai ... 982e69.htm

But the really important thing to take not of here is that while he's trying to savage a film for not giving us the 'Han Solo and Chewie on the Millennium Falcon' moment without seeing the damn thing, he also very, very specifically doesn't mention doesn't mention the all-female cast.

It seems like an absurd oversight when critiquing this film to not mention the gender-swap,but it's in fact a very calculated decision that allows Rolfe (and his supporters) to fight off criticism by claiming, correctly, that he didn't even mention the casting while simultaneously blowing on his dog whistle till he's f****g blue in the face.
Isn't that interesting? If he had mentioned the gender-swap (as absurdly gimmicky as it is) there's no doubt that the author of the article, and a plethora of other mouth-breathing SJW's, would cry "misogyny" in one shrill voice. While not mentioning that issue at all and instead focusing on all of the other terrible elements in this film will, likewise, get one branded as a misogynist.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. The message that s/he and their ilk are sending is that you can't criticize this movie in any capacity and not be a misogynist. It's the same message they've been shouting for over a year now.
Last edited by Egon's Pompadour on May 18th, 2016, 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
pferreira1983 liked this
If you want to see hypocrisy at its finest then look at the gbfans front page news section and click on the news about James' video. Those writers all rip into him about being a whiny man baby while actin like ones themselves. Rolfe has a lot of good points and says pretty much what I've felt about it for the past year. To me it's just not ghostbusters without the original characters. It's completely ridiculous too for people to immediately claim he's sexist when he didn't mention once "and damnit they're all chicks! Wtf?" Even though I have no plans to see this I can't wait for this to come out so we can get over this shit. You can't even make a reasonable stance against a movie without the internet crying "Prejudice!" If you read the comments for These articles a lot of people are defending the video And bad mouthing the writers. I also think these writers are only writing these super insulting articles to get people to click on them.
Egon's Pompadour wrote:You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. The message this journalist and his ilk are sending is that you can't criticize this movie in any capacity and not be a misogynist. It's the same message they've been shouting for over a year now.
Yeah, it's stupid to call him a mysoginist for not mention his opinion on the girls. That's a minefield he wanted to avoid.

Dammed if you do and damned if you don't goes both ways though. Both extremer groups attack each other for the slightest reason, call you a Sony plant or way, way worse. It's stupid beyond belief and on both sides the attacks are getting viler and viler as we get closer to the release.

I wish we could all just agree to disagree and see what you want to see.
EJLambert liked this
He doesn't make videos to get clicks, he makes well crafted videos about things he's passionate about. If he was a clickbait content maker, he would've done a "reaction video" when the trailer came out like every other two-bit youtuber out there. You may not agree with him, but he at least had a reasonable and respectable explanation for his stance, which is more than can be said for these petty reactionary bloggers speaking out against him.
I haven't watched it because I don't need to. If it was on any of the Ghostbusters videogames, what he's known for, I'd be all over it. The NES GB review was great. I just think it's funny that he's saying he's going to ignore this movie and others like him should to, but makes a video about it and draws attention to the film. And now he's released a follow up. Just ignore it! Who cares. I'm still going to see the movie and the people who put him on a pedestal are the ones that already agreed with him. And I guarantee most of them will end up seeing the movie anyway legally or illegally. And even if it's a great movie, they'll still rail against it. Because they judged a movie since it was first announced.
Doctor Venkman, devilmanozzy, Tommi and 2 others liked this
Ok, you REALLY think he's not out for attention?

A) Make a video saying that you won't review something... to bring attention to the fact that you won't review it (a fact which didn't need a video, let alone a six minute video).
B) Release a response video, that is twice as long as the original video, again... to further bring more attention to the fact that you won't review it (a fact that you've already unnecessarily stated, and now have doubled the already unnecessary length).
C) Saying anything remotely close to Harold Ramis is lucky he's dead... "well, at least he didn't live to see this shit."

If after all of this, you can actually sit there and say that you legitimately don't think the guy is out for attention, then I'm sorry but you're kidding yourself.
devilmanozzy, JurorNo.2 liked this
savintheday wrote:People were expecting him to weigh in on the subject. Since he's decided not to see the movie, he's addressing it now. I don't see the big deal.

You guys sure get your panties in a bunch over a difference of opinion.
Wait, so because I disagree with you/him, I'm "getting my panties in a bunch"?

This might be the most ironic post I've ever seen.
devilmanozzy liked this
savintheday wrote:Ironic...choosing not to watch it because you know you won't like it. Ok then.
Not really. I said it's cool if you don't watch the new film if you don't want to. What's silly is making videos to draw attention to it. Who cares? It's called slacktivism. "I'm going to take a stand by not spending my money on this." Cool beans. The world will go on.

I'm not watching his video because I'm not interested in it. It's not why I watch the Angry VIDEO GAME Nerd. So who cares if I don't watch it. Doesn't change any of his fans views of him.
Doctor Venkman liked this
savintheday wrote:Well it definitely seemed to hit a nerve. It's ok though. There there, you'll be alright.
Nope, really just seems like you can't stand anyone not liking this. No one's panties are in a bunch or need to be comforted. You're the only one acting like that.

I'm sure you'll have some comeback that you think is really snappy though, trying to put down anyone who doesn't agree with you. Go ahead, we'll wait.
devilmanozzy liked this
If you're only watching his video game reviews then you're missing out. He does well written movie reviews and also has other series' like board James. People keep getting up in arms about the time of his first video. "Why did he spend 6 minutes?! Blaa blaa blaa"he just tried to write a well out out video that wasn't "this freaking sucks!" I'm sure he's been getting tons of questions since the movie was announced about what he thought about it. The guy is a huge fan. He even wrote a really nice tribute when Harold Ramis died. Even when you have rationale opinions that aren't just "there's women in it!" People freak out.
Again, please tell me how thinking he didn't need to make a long video explaining why he won't review it is "freaking out"?

I have no problem with his rationale. That's fine. I don't expect him to see it (even though he certainly makes money making reviews, so it's a job, not a "hobby" or "passion"). But that's all fine. He doesn't have to review it. I just think he didn't need to make a vain long video, and then an even longer follow-up video.

That's not freaking out, no matter how much his fans want to portray it as such.
devilmanozzy liked this
weepel wrote:If you're only watching his video game reviews then you're missing out. He does well written movie reviews and also has other series' like board James. People keep getting up in arms about the time of his first video. "Why did he spend 6 minutes?! Blaa blaa blaa"he just tried to write a well out out video that wasn't "this freaking sucks!" I'm sure he's been getting tons of questions since the movie was announced about what he thought about it. The guy is a huge fan. He even wrote a really nice tribute when Harold Ramis died. Even when you have rationale opinions that aren't just "there's women in it!" People freak out.
I really don't follow him much. For a time I'd check him out when I was bored and looking on the internet for something funny. The videos got kind of repetitive though and so I've tuned out. I don't really care too much for reviews anyway. If I like something, I watch it. If it's a subject matter I love (ie Ghostbusters) I'll check it out. I don't always agree with the majority review.
Rolfe obviously did zero research on this. It's well known that Murray has approval rights for the franchise, hence the third movie never going forward. I don't have links handy, but Murray went on record as incredibly proud of GB and didn't want another cash-in like GB2. I want to say it was an old Today Show interview with Roker.

I also sincerely doubt he read HELLBENT. It's incredibly hard to find. Out of everything, he mentions the dialogue as being suitable to the GB characters? The script is famously known for having Aykroyd's undefined, undifferentiated characters and crazy techno jargon. It's very unlike GB and GB2.
Doctor Venkman liked this
Doctor Venkman wrote:Again, please tell me how thinking he didn't need to make a long video explaining why he won't review it is "freaking out"?

I have no problem with his rationale. That's fine. I don't expect him to see it (even though he certainly makes money making reviews, so it's a job, not a "hobby" or "passion"). But that's all fine. He doesn't have to review it. I just think he didn't need to make a vain long video, and then an even longer follow-up video.

That's not freaking out, no matter how much his fans want to portray it as such.
Yes people have been freaking out and acting like he's a mysogynist even though he didn't say anything sexist. Stuff like this is as childish as the guys on YouTube telling the four new ghostbusters to get back in the kitchen. http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/291025/ ... emassacre/
"Even if the whole movie is just the Ghostbusters sitting around and taking a shit, I'd go see it."
-AVGN Ghostbusters Review Part 3.

True he was talking about the original cast, but I find it funny. And maybe a little ironic. After having to deal with this crap for the last two years, I can only think of one response:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2YrTxfbToM
My prescription of F#$kitall has arrived and I'm going to see this movie.
devilmanozzy liked this
Doctor Venkman wrote:
savintheday wrote:Well it definitely seemed to hit a nerve. It's ok though. There there, you'll be alright.
Nope, really just seems like you can't stand anyone not liking this. No one's panties are in a bunch or need to be comforted. You're the only one acting like that.
Then why do I hear the voice of a teenage girl in your responses?

I don't actually care if this movie sinks or swims one way or the other. I will, however, offer up valid criticism, which is obviously a sore spot for a few of you. At this point, it's just fun giving you die-hards a rough time.

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]