Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Kingpin wrote:I'm surprised this is suddenly a deal-breaker now when the knowledge has been fairly widespread for about a month, if not a little longer.
This and I seem to remember never hearing anyone having an issue with the logo ghost walking around smiling and dancing. Why all of a sudden is this a bad idea? Maybe it's chosen as the form because of the patch on Kevin's suit? Some people just want to hate to movie for any reason possible

This is bad apparently....
JoeLuna33 wrote:
Kingpin wrote:I'm surprised this is suddenly a deal-breaker now when the knowledge has been fairly widespread for about a month, if not a little longer.
This and I seem to remember never hearing anyone having an issue with the logo ghost walking around smiling and dancing. Why all of a sudden is this a bad idea? Maybe it's chosen as the form because of the patch on Kevin's suit? Some people just want to hate to movie for any reason possible

This is bad apparently....
I see a whole lot of THIS when it comes to this movie.
I must be in the minority of the people who don't support the reboot that actually finds enjoyment in the villain. The cuteness but threatening nature is what made Stay-Puft so memorable in the original.

And yes,
This Post Contains Spoilers
is pretty cheesy and not needed. Ever. At all.
Bangoose wrote:Im really not going to see this movie for sure now. They didnt even try to come up with an original villian......

http://www.slashfilm.com/ghostbusters-villain/

Paul Feig : "Oh lets just make the logo ghost into the villian! Just put a bow tie on him so maybe people wont notice, herp a derp derp"
Hmm, he is as much the villain as Stay Puft was. In other words a form the big bad takes at the end of the movie.
I actually like the logo as a big bad. It's something completely ghostbusters, without using Staypuft. I'm interested in the fight.
In the original they shot the big bad once and decided to cross streams. If Gozer actually threw the GBoff or dealed with them on the rooftop he/she would have won right there.
While it's a great scene, I hope this enemy gives the GB more of a fight.
By Kingpin
I understand and appreciate the criticism that Rowan is too much like Stay Puft, it is a little too close even for my complete comfort.

What I'm having a harder time understanding is why, just because he's inspired by the no-ghost logo, suddenly the idea of a giant, animated, evil mascot seems far-fetched - we had the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, this stuff is some of our bread and butter.
Travis Burrell liked this
By Alphagaia
Wasn't there talk of Rowan being able to grow and shrink? Not saying I don't get why people think a great white baddy with red tie is very much like Stay Puft, but the fight itself could be much more interesting this time.

They could have just used stay puft of course, but I'm ok with them trying something same, yet different. Which is what a reboot is.

Now different means people can dislike the actual differences, of course. And others welcome it, or are at least interested in the new stuff like designs, story or characters.

It's impossible to please everyone.
Last edited by Alphagaia on May 19th, 2016, 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reserving my judgement untill Rowan jogs down the street at a hefty speed and literally jumps into a Europe "NO" sign! It will happen mark my words!
By sgwmeredith
I don't really mind the way that they've used a giant ghost as the big bad at the end. Is it original, no but it does follow the previous movies. Do I mind he's a big cute monster that then turns ugly, no, it's a bit like Stay Puft but it could be worse. Do I like the idea that it's the ghost from the logo? No. That's just lazy writing, why not try to come up with something more original? Especially as they keep saying they want this to stand on it's own (doesn't look like they've done a very good job of that!). From what was said in the Reddit leak
That's just weird. At least Stay Puft made sense (kinda!).

As for those saying that it was a character in RGB. Yes, and mainly no. He wasn't really a character, he was just in the intro as a segue to the logo. It wasn't like he was used for any plot points. These are completely separate ways of using the image.
By Kingpin
I keep seeing people call the appearance of Rowan "lazy writing", without actually specifying why it was lazy.

Please do elaborate on why it was lazy to go with the appearance they went with for Rowan.
By JurorNo.2
sgwmeredith wrote:why not try to come up with something more original?
Because when they do, people say it's not as good.
MightyAni liked this
By savintheday
Nooooo.....it's not laaaazzzy! It's just a....uh....nod to the original! Yeah that's the ticket!

Stay Puft worked because it was unexpected and original at the time. It took a chance too, Ivan was initially afraid this idea was going to ruin the movie, but it worked brilliantly. It made sense being born from Ray's endearing childlike persona.

This Rowan thing just lifts that idea...therefore, lazy!
By sgwmeredith
JurorNo.2 wrote:
sgwmeredith wrote:why not try to come up with something more original?
How do they know? They haven't tried!
By JurorNo.2
sgwmeredith wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
How do they know? They haven't tried!
Yes they have. If people aren't saying "it's not original" they're busy saying, "it's nothing like the original."
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
By sgwmeredith
You're starting to take my quote out of context. I was only speaking about the Logo Ghost Rowen.

Also they had no idea what people were going to think when they were writing it.
By JurorNo.2
I don't mean to, I'm just speaking in general of the reactions most commonly seen about this movie.
By sgwmeredith
When it comes to the whole movie, really with a franchise like GB where you have a solid fanbase, making another movie, in any form, they will be damned if they do and damned if they don't. There's no getting around that. They should have known that. They say this is it's own thing, well then that's what they should have made. If they think it's worth rebooting, then make it different rather than just remaking what we've seen before.
savintheday liked this
RedWithEvil wrote:The main baddie is Sony's darling, Mr. Feig. So don't be an @$$hole, and kiss his feet.
The main baddies are the fans who can't state an opinion without being disrespectful and/or rude... The fandom is destroying itself from the inside...
Alphagaia liked this
featofstrength wrote:Yet
must remain a whisper in these parts... :P
Has there been any confirmation as to whether or not she's actually in the movie? Just because a toy exists doesn't really prove much...
Kingpin liked this
pyhasanon wrote:
featofstrength wrote:Yet
must remain a whisper in these parts... :P
Has there been any confirmation as to whether or not she's actually in the movie? Just because a toy exists doesn't really prove much...
No official confirmation as such. Just the toy and the Reddit leak which most people (including myself) believe to be accurate.
pferreira1983 liked this

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]