Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
This whole segment was very funny. Also, if you're an adult male complaining about the objectification of Chris Hemsworth as it relates to Ghostbusters..I promise you, you're part of the problem.
Travis Burrell, JurorNo.2, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote:
featofstrength wrote:so talented that we can overlook a lil objectification.
We've not had the greatest history when it came to objectification, anyone remember the "sexy Ghostbusters calendar"?
I missed that one. Did they ever make the full sized real doll of this:
Because cutting holes in pictures of Kristen Wiig is time consuming when you're ready to go.
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:This whole segment was very funny. Also, if you're an adult male complaining about the objectification of Chris Hemsworth as it relates to Ghostbusters..I promise you, you're part of the problem.

What problem is that? Objectification of women isn't okay but it is if it's a man? You gotta love those double standards. Throwing "sexism" around is all fine and dandy when people criticize the reboot but it gets ignored when it's reversed.
venkman30, seekandannoy, EddieSpenser and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote:Were there any clips of the film shown during the segment, or was it just still shots?
Both. The 'stock' Kevin pointing from the desk still, the first all 4 Ghostbusters still -- then the second domestic trailer during a commercial break then parts of the same domestic trailer when the show returned from a break. No new stills or footage. No real new info unless you count they played Head's Up a lot during night shoots. It was more the soft interview before the flood of talk shows, entertainment show snippets, press junkets in June and July. Still a lot of laughs. I liked when they critiqued their own action figures - for instance, McKinnon said out of the blue that hers was not accurate because it was missing pit stains.
I honestly found the interview really funny. And it won't matter to those that are already spreading these obviously BS false rumors anyway... but that interview makes it pretty obvious that these actresses do NOT hate each other and I find it very unlikely that they fought on set. It's pretty clear they enjoy each other's company and have a lot of fun together.
sorry guys. Throwing out a politician isn't exactly going to convince me to jump on board. I already plan on seeing this movie when it hits the dollar theater. I can't stand Hillary. Never have been able to.
Doctor Venkman wrote:I honestly found the interview really funny. And it won't matter to those that are already spreading these obviously BS false rumors anyway... but that interview makes it pretty obvious that these actresses do NOT hate each other and I find it very unlikely that they fought on set. It's pretty clear they enjoy each other's company and have a lot of fun together.
Dan Aykroyd is very handsome with fans and press in his CH vodka tours when the press is flashing and recording. Behind the scenes he was raging like a mad lunatic because his assistant didn't opened his door.
SpaceBallz wrote:
CraigTHEOWL1 wrote:This whole segment was very funny. Also, if you're an adult male complaining about the objectification of Chris Hemsworth as it relates to Ghostbusters..I promise you, you're part of the problem.

What problem is that? Objectification of women isn't okay but it is if it's a man? You gotta love those double standards. Throwing "sexism" around is all fine and dandy when people criticize the reboot but it gets ignored when it's reversed.
Both are wrong, but both can be OK when in the right context. When it's meant to be funny for example, or to make a statement.
Do you think it's a deliberate choice to give the sexy shirtless bit to the good looking guy instead of a hot girl?
Is it intentional/coincidence that 1 in 5 movieparts are female, with the hot female being cast as the sexy love interest, and those numbers happen to be reversed in this movie?
It's a statement.

Edit: also, I'm quite happy to report the Scientology bit with Lesli was hilarious to me and she did not even have to shout or look angry.
Travis Burrell liked this
Raystantz Italy wrote:
Doctor Venkman wrote:I honestly found the interview really funny. And it won't matter to those that are already spreading these obviously BS false rumors anyway... but that interview makes it pretty obvious that these actresses do NOT hate each other and I find it very unlikely that they fought on set. It's pretty clear they enjoy each other's company and have a lot of fun together.
Dan Aykroyd is very handsome with fans and press in his CH vodka tours when the press is flashing and recording. Behind the scenes he was raging like a mad lunatic because his assistant didn't opened his door.
Were you present for this raging? I've never heard of anything like this with Dan Aykroyd.

Even if it is true, that doesn't make the rumors anything more concrete than what they are... rumors. If you want to believe that the actresses don't get along after working together on multiple projects and after interviews where they seem to have a lot of fun together, that's entirely your choice, and that's fine. I don't see it that way though.
Raystantz Italy wrote:Behind the scenes
Behind the scenes, people are human. It's not as simple as "on camera = nice, off camera = nasty."
They are "actors". Professional's doing what they are directed to do. They can be one thing on set and totally another in real life. They are promoting the movie to earn their pay check so of course they are going to be all warm and friendly on the set of Ellen. I'm not saying they didn't get along while on set.
I just read an article about the movie Fury where the director actually told his cast to have fist fights with another. It probably didn't get that extreme on the set of Ghostbusters.
There was also the episode of Rosie O donnel freaking out in her dressing room on the view after being questioned by Elisabeth Hasslebeck way back when. It seemed like they were getting along until that point. Actors can treat each other like crap on set and still make the appearance they like each other in real life.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Brad ... 67698.html
timeware wrote:They are promoting the movie to earn their pay check so of course they are going to be all warm and friendly on the set of Ellen.
Sure, it's a job, it's professionalism. Just saying, audiences are often a little too quick to interpret that as "Oh it's all a lie." (Not saying you were doing that.)
Anyone who doesn't think this movie is part of a larger agenda is in total denial. You don't parade out old dogface without an agenda attached.
The marketing department has an agenda, no doubt. It's called making money.

There is only one conspiracy in this country and it's called Capitalism.
Cognitive dissonance is a terrible thing. Sorry bud.
Alphagaia wrote:
Both are wrong, but both can be OK when in the right context. When it's meant to be funny for example, or to make a statement.
Do you think it's a deliberate choice to give the sexy shirtless bit to the good looking guy instead of a hot girl?
Is it intentional/coincidence that 1 in 5 movieparts are female, with the hot female being cast as the sexy love interest, and those numbers happen to be reversed in this movie?
It's a statement.
Girls don't normally take their tops off in family movies. :roll:

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]